Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

No Jamie !!!...I like Jamie..
    I like them all actually !
    So talented..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ooof, that was harsh!

Thought they might base it on the overall last few rounds, in which case I think Louisa would have gone.

Shocked to see Jamie fall at that hurdle!

Where??

Who??

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Wow I had Jamie as the overall winner

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Humour Me wrote: »
    Wow I had Jamie as the overall winner
    I thought he was a strong contender. Amazing how chefs of his and Matt's calibre didn't make it to the last three this year.

• Advertisement

twill wrote: »
    I thought he was a strong contender. Amazing how chefs of his and Matt's calibre didn't make it to the last three this year.
    It really is a case of "you're only as good as your last dish"!

His tart was very simple, and not perfect.

I'd say he'll kick himself from here to 2019 for choosing that to do at this stage of the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It really is a case of "you're only as good as your last dish"!

His tart was very simple, and not perfect.

I'd say he'll kick himself from here to 2019 for choosing that to do at this stage of the competition!
    He and Matt both made tactical mistakes, but it just shows how high the standard is this year. Usually a really good chef is given some leeway when they slip up, but there was simply no room for that this time.

I'd really love to know how much time they were given to figure out their concept and the look of their dishes....

Like, what time were they at the market, how much prep time did they have, what time did they start cooking?

Hah! You wait for months and months to eat at yer man's snazzy restaurant, and you wind up with amateurs cooking for you!

Well, "amateurs".......

Oooh, Monica looks a bit odd without her glasses!

Jaysus, he's a bit (a lot) of a stickler for details :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

F##k off Chef.
    I can't go any faster..
    Imagine working in that environment !

Jeepers, that forest dish looks absolutely gorgeous!

All the seafood and fish I could take or leave (probably leave, if I'm honest) but that looked amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Jeepers, that forest dish looks absolutely gorgeous!

All the seafood and fish I could take or leave (probably leave, if I'm honest) but that looked amazing!

They all look amazing but can't see anything I would eat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Thought it odd how Jamie was kicked out. Technically they should count yesterday and today for that round.

If so Louisa was the weakest over the two rounds IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The meals at the restaurant were mind-boggling in their beauty, but rather light, over all. It was more like a tasting menu.

Nevertheless, I'd say we'll see a lot of influences, from this experience among the contestants, in tomorrow's menus.

For me, the winner today was Craig. Of the three, he seemed to have picked up the concept behind this cooking, the best of all three contestants - "the sea, the garden and the muountain". Wonderful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Ooof, that was harsh!

Thought they might base it on the overall last few rounds, in which case I think Louisa would have gone.

Shocked to see Jamie fall at that hurdle!

They did say, at the start, that someone would leave, based on that round. Jamie, unfortunately got a bad response from the judges, compared to the others. Stephen seemed to win that round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

With the three dishes that the others cooked any mistake was likely to be crushed.

And Jamie made a few with that tart.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    They did say, at the start, that someone would leave, based on that round. Jamie, unfortunately got a bad response from the judges, compared to the others. Stephen seemed to win that round.

OK. I didn't get that as I missed the first 10 minutes. Fair enough so, he was the poorest of the four.

So the intro's took over 20 minutes and we find out that Craig's Dad is Irish, or Northern Irish and that Louisa was badly bullied in school.

Greggg is dressed like something out of Miami Vice.

And the food sounds class. Hard to say who will win, but doubt it's Louisa, the two lads are usually a bit ahead of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Greg's in the mafia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Think it's going to be Craig

Yes craig is the champ, I'm a bit worried Louisa might stab them all though

Jesus that lamb could get up and run away!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Has lamb fat lost it for Stephen?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Has lamb fat lost it for Stephen?

And undercooked egg in the first dish

This girl is a fighter, she's not dead yet

I think Louisa has it.

Joint winners again?

Gutted wanted Louisa or Stephen to win. Never warmed to Craig throughout the series.

• Advertisement

Gutted wanted Louisa or Stephen to win. Never warmed to Craig throughout the series.

Me either but I think he was the best on the day

Advertisement