Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2017

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm in shock. Did Manchester two weeks ago in 2.56. Only 29, I only watched some of his dishes the other week

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just heard about this on Digital Spy... very sad. Here is a little clip of one of his desserts being judged.

https://twitter.com/MasterChefUK/status/941046884151578624

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Mr E wrote: »
    Just heard about this on Digital Spy... very sad. Here is a little clip of one of his desserts being judged.

https://twitter.com/MasterChefUK/status/941046884151578624

I cant even watch this as it's too sad.
    So very sad for his family and friends. And he was raising money for a charity also. May he Rest In Peace..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Very sad news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Such sad news :( His dishes were amazing and he was a pleasure to watch cooking. So sorry for his mam and brother :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

I only got round finishing this series today would you believe, have had it recorded since Christmas, watched the first 30 mins of the final on Saturday and finished it today. Managed to avoid spoilers.

Absolutely shocking about Matt, awful news, with his whole life ahead of him. It was like a gut punch when I read it.

As for the series, I'm guessing like many people I thought he looked the winner from a long way out. He was head and shoulders above everyone else. Then just had a slightly dodgy round where the others raised their game to new heights and he was gone. I thought it was harsh myself.

But overall the judges seem to favour a Chef's journey and growth over the series, where Matt came in at an extremely high level.

I also think they were heavily biased towards Craig and the girl because of their age. You could Marcus, in particular, was very paternal towards both of them and they both got very lucky to not be going home earlier on.

But at the end both of them were producing great food, the type that Matt was all along. I felt Stephen was going to win it but then just made some errors in the final.

A great series, made poignant because of today's news.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

Shocked to read this earlier, so very sad. He was certainly one of the most memorable contestants, his poor family. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Terribly sad news. He was brilliantly creative. I loved his dishes and approach to things.

I can’t imagine how his family feels today.

Advertisement