Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike robbery

Options
  • 05-11-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Ok just a heads up a of bikes been robed around dublin 12 area my was robbed cut the locks etc filed the robbery with the garda it was marin fairfax 3 so if any one is offered it please pm me and warming lock them up in your house or sheds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

1. Thanks for the warning

2. You may want to post in the stolen bikes thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056226324

Maybe mods can move the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

So keep an I eye out on the usual sale sites let me know or if the person who took it wants to return it no problems let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

pricks, hope its found. best of luck

Cycle to work scheme so really pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Sorry to hear that. I know its too late for you but in order to help other people could you tell us.

What kind of lock or locks you were using.
    How bike was locked
    What it was locked to
    Busy or quiet area.
    How you think it was cut/broken

• Advertisement

Sorry locked front garden to gas main motor bike style lock robbed between 440am 8am I work late wife woke to tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

It would be so easy for the law/Gardai to set up a sting operation to stop (or at least cut down) bicycle theft. No momentum there though.

It's the time of year things happen like this the garda will say they haven't got the resources while more and more get taken

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the rock29 wrote: »
    It's the time of year things happen like this the garda will say they haven't got the resources while more and more get taken

There lack of action makes me wonder why we do not see more incidents like this

Teenage boy in bicycle theft gang bundled into van and has leg broken by vigilantes

If your bike is stolen the day after getting it on the cycle to work scheme you have to wait the 5 years for to avail of it again. They are supposedly trying to encourage people to cycle yet doing nothing about 1 of the biggest issues related to it. I will not cycle into dublin city centre simply as it is not safe to lock my bike. I would gladly pay for a secure & insured lockup service, I do not expect it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Chinasea wrote: »
    It would be so easy for the law/Gardai to set up a sting operation to stop (or at least cut down) bicycle theft. No momentum there though.

The Guards have come in for a lot of flak recently, much (although not all) of it their own making, but it's unfair to suggest they won't act on this as it's untrue. I know of countless occasions where they have acted upon request, many heralded on the cycling forum here.

Firstly did the OP contact them and ask for assistance and, if so, was that request not acceded to?

• Advertisement

Does anybody know who they are we should name and shame them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Unfortunately for the Gardai they can arrest people but the justice system puts them back out on the streets. There’s lads out there with over 100 convictions, bike theft won’t keep them locked up

Advertisement