Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having big problems with Eir

Options
  • 05-11-2017 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone else have problems dealing with Eir. I have just got passed through every department .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnneysul

Johnneysul wrote: »
    Does anyone else have problems dealing with Eir. I have just got passed through every department .

While trying to sign up with Eir online I encountered a problem, I joined their chat and the person said they would do it for me. I gave them the bank details and a few days later a sim card arrived with a letter saying to ring them to transfer my number. I rang, but was told I had been given the wrong sim card as it already had a number on it and to ring costumer services to fix it. I rang them and waited, was transferred to different departments and waited and waited. Several calls and four hours on the phone and no help, I was told to go to the nearest Eir shop (several miles away), which I did and they said they couldn't do it.
    Being way beyond annoyed, I decided to cancel the account. TRY DOING THAT, some hope. I rang and waited and waited and, as you can guess nothing got done.
    I lodged a complaint, got an automated email reply and was supposed to be contacted within 2 days. A week later I'm still waiting. No contact.

I eventually did get the account closed by ringing their complaint phone number, speaking to a helpful person and got it done. Thank you to Ray

THIS WAS 5 HOURS ON THE PHONE AND DRIVING MILES.

I am over 50 years old and this is the most incompetent company I can remember dealing with.

johnneysul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Welcome to the club.
    You were lucky you spoke to a human .
    I spent 3 periods of 20 + mins holding, eventually gave in to their advise to "chat On Line " only fo find chat off line.
    back to 1901. Back of queue again eventually gave up after another 30 mins.

It is obvious eir do not want to tolerate customers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

I spent at least three and a half hours trying to renew our contract and find out how much it would be after the recent price increase. Just trying to get a discount to match the offers from competitors was a complete mess. Customer Service put me through to the loyalty team who put me through to the 'Price Increase Team (?!)' who put me back to loyalty who hung up on me. Then on hold for 20 minutes about three times more trying to talk to a person in loyalty after two people in customer services told me they could offer a better deal. I swear I will never, ever deal with Eir customer service again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

While trying to sign up with Eir online I encountered a problem, I joined their chat and the person said they would do it for me. I gave them the bank details and a few days later a sim card arrived with a letter saying to ring them to transfer my number. I rang, but was told I had been given the wrong sim card as it already had a number on it and to ring costumer services to fix it. I rang them and waited, was transferred to different departments and waited and waited. Several calls and four hours on the phone and no help, I was told to go to the nearest Eir shop (several miles away), which I did and they said they couldn't do it.
    Being way beyond annoyed, I decided to cancel the account. TRY DOING THAT, some hope. I rang and waited and waited and, as you can guess nothing got done.
    I lodged a complaint, got an automated email reply and was supposed to be contacted within 2 days. A week later I'm still waiting. No contact.

I eventually did get the account closed by ringing their complaint phone number, speaking to a helpful person and got it done. Thank you to Ray

I am over 50 years old and this is the most incompetent company I can remember dealing with.

johnneysul
    Hi Johnneysoul, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you have had with ourselves and to hear that you have closed down your account with us. The standard leadtimefor a complaint is 10 working days.  

I understand this is frustrating, I'll be sure to pass this feedback on. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnneysul

johnneysul
    Hi Johnneysoul, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you have had with ourselves and to hear that you have closed down your account with us. The standard leadtimefor a complaint is 10 working days.  

I understand this is frustrating, I'll be sure to pass this feedback on. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey 
    Maybe everyone who is treated poorly should make official complaints. To anyone interested, the complaints section  can be found at the bottom of the Eir main webpage. Eir are spending SO much money on advertising lately but have no hope of keeping costumers while treating them like this.
    Remember, it takes SIX happy costumers to cancel out ONE unhappy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ideb

Guys, you have no idea!!! Cancelled bundle with them because of price increase.  Wanted to keep my mobile with them.  Told that because the price increase was only for the TV and home phone it would cost me €5 a month extra to keep my mobile phone with them.  So, the mobile phone prices weren't increasing, but it would cost more to keep that part - Bizarre!! 

So eventually after 2 visits to a store and at least 5 calls to them I was told that they would give me a SIM only prepay plan. I get an email confirmation telling me my SIM is in the post.  I advised that I wanted to keep my number so I assumed I wouldn't need a new SIM. 2 days later, on a Saturday morning they switch off my phone!  More phone calls to be told that there was nothing could be done for the weekend.  Asked if I could cancel, unlock the phone and go to other provider.  The staff in the Eir shop gave me the number to ring. I rang it while still in the shop.  On hold/transferred and cut off, etc. and eventually told that it was the wrong number, which was news to the shop assistant.  Having spent 2 hours in the shop, only leaving because my car parking time was up. 

SIM arrived on Monday, letter with it tells me to ring if I want to keep my number.  I then spent 2 weeks on the phone every day trying to get my original number reactivated.  All the staff I spoke to where full of apologies, but really by the end of the 2 weeks apologies were just words.  I was given a 100% guarantee 3 days in a row that the matter had been sorted and I would have the old number back by end of day, only to go a further bank holiday weekend without the number. All this time I was trying to arrange hospital appointments, never mind numerous other things that meant giving people a contact number.  I didn't want to give them the new one only to find that my phone had switched back to my old one.  I certainly didn't want to be wasting the hospitals time trying to figure out which number was active at any given time.  Anyway after hours of my  time and endless phone calls I got the number back, but the voicemail is screwed up.  More phone calls, that still isn't fixed. My 'MyEIR" account was messed up even before all this and still is, but I have given up on it and just set up a new account with a new email address. My account says that I have an 18 month contract, but when I rang about that I was told that this is wrong and that it is a 30 day rolling contract (which is what it should be).  It is also a billpay instead of the prepay I had asked for.  Again, I stopped arguing about this because it just wasn't worth it.  And now you will see that I have posted on Boards about a data breach. It is just relentless!!  I should have just gone the complaints route weeks ago.  Now I will just have to start that process instead of doing it all at the one time.  And then I will have to go through it all again to switch mobile providers when I give the 30 days notice.  I don't want to give Eir any more money, but I don't know if I can take any more of the stress that this has caused me.  Seriously, I really am at breaking point with it all. Everyone is telling me to switch my phone to another provider, but I am stressed just thinking about trying to get that done.  

I was moved from meteor to eir (at their invitation) same company . To a 30 day rolling contract. Like you when I checked my eir I see an 18 month contract. When I eventually got through (the usual 20/30 min wait on several attempts Plus so called chat not working) . I was told it did not matter what was on My Eir it was only a 30 day contract !!.

A word of warning about moving.
    My daughter moved from Sky to vodafone last week . She was ported on Thursday. Her number is 061XXXXX but when anybody rings her they get somebody in dublin on an 01 number . She is effectively without a phone line since last Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Was with eir for 2 years, rented house which had never had bb so they installed it for us. It never worked right, WiFi constantly dropped out.

Spent the 2 years on the phone to Eir every second week, having to explain the issue every single time to a different person before one guy opened a case file for us. Different solutions given every time. We started requesting that they send an engineer out to look at the physical installation because we'd had 3 new modems and the problem was never fixed. An engineer never came to the house.

Moved to Sky when we got notification of a price increase. Told them the whole story. They sent us a modem, WiFi dropped the first day. Straight on the phone to them, they did some tests and said an engineer would be out by the end of the week and they wouldn't charge us for the time until he got there. Engineer arrived, changed the plug/something physical in the installation. Result = perfect bb for the last 2 months AND €20 cheaper.

Eir need to sort themselves out, it's not fair on customers or the call centre staff they have trying to handle complaints day in day out.

You were lucky the problem was in your premises because, dating back to the ols P&T days, Eir actually control the entire infrastructure for fixed lines in this country. So if the problem was an infrastructure one and, even though sky are your supplier you would still probably be off air and blaming sky this time.

It is a bit unfair that one supplier controls all the infrastrure for it's competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

fernrock wrote:
    You were lucky the problem was in your premises because, dating back to the ols P&T days, Eir actually control the entire infrastructure for fixed lines in this country. So if the problem was an infrastructure one and, even though sky are your supplier you would still probably be off air and blaming sky this time.

Yea we were actually fully expecting to continue having the problem as I know that the providers go through the same central engineers. A friend used to work with Eir on call centre and he explained how they couldn't tell the engineers what to do, just pass on the problem and they did their own assessment so we weren't expecting anything tbh - we decided to take the chance as even if we still had the same problem at least we'd be paying less money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ideb

Was with eir for 2 years, rented house which had never had bb so they installed it for us. It never worked right, WiFi constantly dropped out.

Spent the 2 years on the phone to Eir every second week, having to explain the issue every single time to a different person before one guy opened a case file for us. Different solutions given every time. We started requesting that they send an engineer out to look at the physical installation because we'd had 3 new modems and the problem was never fixed. An engineer never came to the house.

Moved to Sky when we got notification of a price increase. Told them the whole story. They sent us a modem, WiFi dropped the first day. Straight on the phone to them, they did some tests and said an engineer would be out by the end of the week and they wouldn't charge us for the time until he got there. Engineer arrived, changed the plug/something physical in the installation. Result = perfect bb for the last 2 months AND €20 cheaper.

Eir need to sort themselves out, it's not fair on customers or the call centre staff they have trying to handle complaints day in day out.
    Yes one of the main reasons (outside of the actual costs) for my deciding to change provider was because the wifi kept dropping.  It was only in August/Sept, but it just seems like so long ago because of all the issues since I swapped.  

If it is any consolation they did send an engineer out to me. 3 times in the space of a month!! First time I was told there was a problem at the central box for the area.  The engineer had to fix that and apparently fix something at the telephone exchange.  Second time they said it was the modem.  Engineer brought in a reconditioned modem from the van and that wouldn't work.  Apparently this is a regular occurrence! The second reconditioned one worked.  A few weeks later, same problem.  This time, the Engineer rang the Customer Care line, which, by the way, is the same line as we use, but they have an extra extension to ring through as engineers. Still takes them a while to get through though. The Engineer told them to send out a NEW modem not a reconditioned one.  The person on the other end agreed with the Engineer that the reconditioned modems rarely work for long, if at all. Next day..........I received a reconditioned modem! That lasted another couple of weeks. Wifi dropped again and it is again fixed by Engineer making changes at the central box for the area.  

I was about 2 weeks without wifi in the space of a month.  As with everything else, I didn't look for any compensation or waiver for the days I had been paying for the service I didn't receive.  The Engineer was lovely and very helpful, as are most of the Customer Care teams and a shout out also for the staff in my local shop.  They were great, but they have to ring in to customer care in the same way we do and get the same run around.  I know this from the 2 hours I spent there.  But at this stage, all the help and all the apologies hold no muster anymore. My advice to anyone considering moving to Eir is simple - DON'T.  

Advertisement