Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating programmer Wall plate question

Options
  • 05-11-2017 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi, Looking at the Drayton, Hive, nest and ETC, they all seem to have diagrams for Standard Wall plate with N L 1 2 3 4 only wires.
    Hive-Connections.png
    My existing , 3 channel programmer has N L 1 2 3 4 5 6 (8 wires) connectors such as this one:
    PR3n.png?v=1491829651

Will I need to replace the wall plate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yes. Must wall plates are specific to the unit. I don’t know if any that are not

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭tandcapply

ted1 wrote: »
    Yes. Must wall plates are specific to the unit. I don’t know if any that are not

Thanks, would you know if it's usually easy/documented how to rewire a 8 connectors wall-plate to 6 (3 Channel, Up, down and Hot water)?
    It's for the heating programmer only

I do and to be honest you posted the way to do it. If you can’t read the diagram then get a professional.

A single Nest can’t do 2 zones + hot water.
    It’ll do 1 zone + hot water. I believe give us the same.

The climote will but I’m not a fan of it as it’s got a subscription and doesn’t learn and doesn’t have geo location.

I do and to be honest you posted the way to do it. If you can’t read the diagram then get a professional.

A single Nest can’t do 2 zones + hot water.
    It’ll do 1 zone + hot water. I believe give us the same.

The climote will but I’m not a fan of it as it’s got a subscription and doesn’t learn and doesn’t have geo location.

Thanks Ted1,

I'm specifically looking to see if I can simply go from my wiring to the attached.

Could you please point me to your wiring diagram?
    I've looked at your profile and you're quite active so hard to find it in your posts.

The pictures you posted above are all you need to wire. Electricity can kill and cause fires. I don’t intend on being rude but if you can’t read them then you should get a professional.

L and N are straight forward.
    Existing 3 is Hot water and corresponds to 3 in 2b.
    Existing 4 is zone 1 and corresponds to 4 in 2b

• Advertisement

The pictures you posted above are all you need to wire. Electricity can kill and cause fires. I don’t intend on being rude but if you can’t read them then you should get a professional.

L and N are straight forward.
    Existing 3 is Hot water and corresponds to 3 in 2b.
    Existing 4 is zone 1 and corresponds to 4 in 2b

Thanks, I probably should have clarified. What I was looking for was to find out if it's easily to rewire the existing wall plate (Heating Programmer HW + 2 Zones) to the new (there doesn't seem to be a connector for the existing three off wires in the new plate0 I haven't bought it yet btw)

Advertisement