Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City gyms

Options
  • 06-11-2017 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi all,

just moved to the city looking for a gym to join but there seems to be loads some look good at a glance,
    Im big into my fitness and play sport but def no gym bunny, Just looking for somewhere with good layout and helpful staff etc.

Any recommendations welcome!
    Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

leestone wrote: »
    Hi all,

just moved to the city looking for a gym to join but there seems to be loads some look good at a glance,
    Im big into my fitness and play sport but def no gym bunny, Just looking for somewhere with good layout and helpful staff etc.

Any recommendations welcome!
    Cheers,
    Welcome to galway!
    In my experience the gym that is closest to my home or workplace is the best. Which area of galway are you in? No point telling you about west galway if you live in oranmore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you want free weights/machines/trainer help etc?
    I recommend www.facebook.com/foundationft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I've been a member of Ocean Fitness since it opened and I really like it. The facilities are excellent, the staff are nice, there's decent range of classes, it's never too packed and it's always clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

In oranmore so anything east side is fine for me.
    As long as it has decent free weights machines cardio I'm good but if atrainer was available be a bonus, I workout with a program from a trainer I see occasionally but wouldn't mind a trainer to be there with me

• Registered Users Posts: 27 moocows

Check out Club Vitae in the Maldron, I like it.

• Advertisement

moocows wrote: »

Can you get a single day pass ?

Also seen that new gym in parkmore all core looks like a game changer check out the website crazy stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unless they've updated it (and they might have) they had a good cardio section but a pretty weak and limited weights section.

The Kingfisher in Renmore would probably also suit.

They have  weights section downstairs in the main gym and also a seperate weights room upstairs - I don't venture in there tho. Unsure about day passes, but I'm sure you could call in for a trial. They have a huge pool and all the amenities you get with a hotel gym - sauna etc. 
    As for the parkmore gym, I tried that last year, not a fan. My sister loved it though, so it is definitely each to their own. They are very heavy handed with their marketing so I would advise if you go to check it out that you don't give them your mobile number :)

They have  weights section downstairs in the main gym and also a seperate weights room upstairs - I don't venture in there tho. Unsure about day passes, but I'm sure you could call in for a trial. They have a huge pool and all the amenities you get with a hotel gym - sauna etc. 
    As for the parkmore gym, I tried that last year, not a fan. My sister loved it though, so it is definitely each to their own. They are very heavy handed with their marketing so I would advise if you go to check it out that you don't give them your mobile number :)

It's not even open yet ? Building was only finished last few weeks ,?

leestone wrote: »

It's not even open yet ? Building was only finished last few weeks ,?
    Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about Fitness35

What is the name of the new one?

• Advertisement

Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about Fitness35

What is the name of the new one?

All core, it's in its own purpose built building check out the website my god puts all others to shame in Galway. I know the owner he had a gym in Ballinasloe serious operator

• Registered Users Posts: 24,611 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The Warehouse on Monivea Rd is excellent for free weights.

Someone mentioned Kingfisher in Renmore but anytime I looked to go it's been jammed with students.

Advertisement