Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost contacts

Options
  • 06-11-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭

I backed up my phone the other day. Ever since, I’ve lost a lot of contacts. Lots of name have maybe written beside them. Is there any way of fixing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I backed up my phone the other day. Ever since, I’ve lost a lot of contacts. Lots of name have maybe written beside them. Is there any way of fixing it?

Go to www.iCloud.com and check your contacts book there to see is it also changed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

flexcon wrote: »
    Go to www.iCloud.com and check your contacts book there to see is it also changed

I went to iCloud.com. It’s asking if I want to set up iCloud which I already have. Why do apple make things so complicated? I had everything saved to iCloud, so I thought this wasn’t supposed to happen. I Thought this was the whole point of iCloud?

flexcon wrote: »

I went to iCloud.com. It’s asking if I want to set up iCloud which I already have. Why do apple make things so complicated? I had everything saved to iCloud, so I thought this wasn’t supposed to happen. I Thought this was the whole point of iCloud?
    It’s saying on my contacts in settings that the default is outlook. But I have the option to change to iCloud. Would this be the problem?

It’s saying on my contacts in settings that the default is outlook. But I have the option to change to iCloud. Would this be the problem?

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Instead of setting up sign into the iCloud with your Apple ID. Let us know if you signed in fine and went to contacts.

If it says to setup iCloud account, then you never had iCloud working. This is basically a test to see if you have an account and to see also if your contacts are in iCloud and just not synced properly to the iPhone.

To be clear you need to sign in with the Apple ID you use on your iPhone for contacts

• Advertisement
Advertisement