Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH update

Options
  • 06-11-2017 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi I am wondering can you help.  My local exchange is now live this was confirmed to me on Saturday by a KN engineer who was completing an install of FTTC in my area for one of my neighbours. My house/eircode are on the rollout map.

I have had a sales rep call to my door but because the mobile reception was so poor he couldn't use his iPad (or whatever tablet) he said he would call back but either he didn't or I wasn't in if he did.

Anyway I am obviously keen to have my install completed and I did call Eir on Friday and spoke to a really nice chap but he couldn't find details then and I hadn't confirmed the exchange was active.

I am wondering if one of you guys could help me get an install sorted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

sean72 wrote: »
    Hi I am wondering can you help.  My local exchange is now live this was confirmed to me on Saturday by a KN engineer who was completing an install of FTTC in my area for one of my neighbours. My house/eircode are on the rollout map.

I have had a sales rep call to my door but because the mobile reception was so poor he couldn't use his iPad (or whatever tablet) he said he would call back but either he didn't or I wasn't in if he did.

Anyway I am obviously keen to have my install completed and I did call Eir on Friday and spoke to a really nice chap but he couldn't find details then and I hadn't confirmed the exchange was active.

I am wondering if one of you guys could help me get an install sorted.
    Hi sean72,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, we'd be unable to place an order from here. You would need to ring our sales team on 1800503303 or place an order online to receive this service. You can view our online bundles and place an order on the below link:

https://www.eir.ie/bundles/

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi sean72,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, we'd be unable to place an order from here. You would need to ring our sales team on 1800503303 or place an order online to receive this service. You can view our online bundles and place an order on the below link:

- Adam

Hi Adam

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m getting really confused with this process. I wonder can you give me any advice. Apart from the above info I had an Eir sales rep call to my door a few weeks ago. Unfortunately as he could not connect his tablet to the internet he could not take my details and said he’d call back. He didn’t or if he did no one was here. Since this morning I did call Eir and the sales rep said I’d have to wait until Eir sent me a new ‘Eircode’. I said surely you mean a ‘code from Eir’ he said no a new Eircode.

As you can imagine this is very confusing information when all I want to do is to sign up for a package in the way that the Eir guy who came to my door intended to do. I know it might be a while before full activity on the local cabinet but I want to be in line at least.

My father in law in the neighboring parish signed up at the door and he has an install booked next week.

I changed my landline to eir earlier this year and was told this would make things easy come the time FTTH arrived. Well it hasn’t at all. I basically just want to give you more money ... and you won’t take it lol.

Can you tell me anything in relation to codes coming though a door or anything that might put me on a list?

Any help would be most appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

sean72 wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi sean72,

- Adam

Hi Adam

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m getting really confused with this process. I wonder can you give me any advice. Apart from the above info I had an Eir sales rep call to my door a few weeks ago. Unfortunately as he could not connect his tablet to the internet he could not take my details and said he’d call back. He didn’t or if he did no one was here. Since this morning I did call Eir and the sales rep said I’d have to wait until Eir sent me a new ‘Eircode’. I said surely you mean a ‘code from Eir’ he said no a new Eircode.

As you can imagine this is very confusing information when all I want to do is to sign up for a package in the way that the Eir guy who came to my door intended to do. I know it might be a while before full activity on the local cabinet but I want to be in line at least.

My father in law in the neighboring parish signed up at the door and he has an install booked next week.

I changed my landline to eir earlier this year and was told this would make things easy come the time FTTH arrived. Well it hasn’t at all. I basically just want to give you more money ... and you won’t take it lol.

Can you tell me anything in relation to codes coming though a door or anything that might put me on a list?

Any help would be most appreciated
    We wouldn't send you an eircode. Every address would have their own eircode but these aren't supplied by us. If you enter your details on the below link you should be able to get your eircide. We would need your eircode to check if FTTH is available at your address.

https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

If FTTH isn't available to you at this time I'd recommend getting back in touch with our sales team and ordering a phone line without any broadband service. Once your line has been active for 3 working days, we'll be able to test it to see if there are any other broadband services available to you that you could order while you're waiting for FTTH to become available. You can also register your details on the below link and you'll be notified as soon as fibre is available at your address. 

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi/

- Adam

Advertisement