Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday planning thread.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

tweek84 wrote:
    @Stoner what cameras did you buy?

I was going for the circle 2 wireless,

But the special offer dropped off.

I got next external units instead

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Didn't pick up anything. Was following this forum a fair bit on Friday. Sensor for the bathroom could be handy alright. Have no colour Hue bulbs at the moment. Some colour gu10s (for a ceiling fitting) would be nice, but eh, the cost and the Go works well enough in the same room. Strip - not sure where I'd put it at the moment, kitchen? Still, it's nice to browse, eh? Not well read on security systems to explore that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

tweek84 wrote: »
    @ The ALM those reolink cameras look fairly good is there any means of recording if you don't have a NVR is there capacity for a memory card?

The particular models I picked up don't although they do have some that have the option, e.g Reviews seem good on these so looking forward to seeing what they are like.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Was waiting for a few of the nest products to drop, they never did or i missed the deal..

Not to pushed. Off to Japan on sat for a week with work. God knows what I will come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got my Maplins £5 voucher for BF purchase, valid until 24th Dec - hopefully the mini goes back on sale!

• Advertisement

Just a quick follow up to say the Reolink cameras are up and running and very pleased with them I will have to say. Compared to the Withings home we have, the picture quality is night and day.

Connected these to a network switch, loaded the app and it found and added to two cameras straight away, changed a few sittings and it was good to go. Has push notifications that will send a text if motion detected and will send an email with a 30sec clip attached. Will have to play around with the sensitivity settings as it sends a text and email for everything at the minute.

No local storage built in but it is available on other models as mentioned. I plan on trying a rpi running as an ftp server and storing to that or building a server/nas to use.

Has its own client software included which you could run on a pc to record although would mean running a pc 24/7, might suit short term but might be a bit power hungry to run long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

THE ALM wrote: »
    Just a quick follow up to say the Reolink cameras are up and running and very pleased with them I will have to say. Compared to the Withings home we have, the picture quality is night and day.

Connected these to a network switch, loaded the app and it found and added to two cameras straight away, changed a few sittings and it was good to go. Has push notifications that will send a text if motion detected and will send an email with a 30sec clip attached. Will have to play around with the sensitivity settings as it sends a text and email for everything at the minute.

No local storage built in but it is available on other models as mentioned. I plan on trying a rpi running as an ftp server and storing to that or building a server/nas to use.

Has its own client software included which you could run on a pc to record although would mean running a pc 24/7, might suit short term but might be a bit power hungry to run long term.

Where did you get yours if you don't mind me asking. I'd like to get one in time for Christmas as a present but no shops in Ireland seem to have one.
    Thanks

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Where did you get yours if you don't mind me asking. I'd like to get one in time for Christmas as a present but no shops in Ireland seem to have one.
    Thanks

picked my up on amazon, they have a deal on them at the moment.

Advertisement