Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface Billing

Options
  • 06-11-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place for posting this. Mods, feel free to move accordingly if not.

Our company is currently in the process of moving to Blueface. Is it just me or are these guys a bit simple when it comes to admin on the accounts side of things?

Firstly, we had to supply them with a deposit to get the ball rolling. I told them we can set up a DD through our bank account but this seemed like Double Dutch to them as they only appeared interested in credit card details. Anyway, after speaking with his colleague that was fine, but it will take weeks to get up and running if we do it like that. So I gave the card details for the deposit, but instructed that going forward everything should be via the bank account DD.

DD form was accepted but came back a week later to say it was unacceptable as it had to be via post, which I then did. Got this in the reply.
    When setting up your direct debit we will schedule an express payment of a deposit which is the same amount as one month of your call plan. This allows our accounts department to place a credit limit on your account to facilitate pay as you go credit that you may need during the month.
    Of couse I replied and told them not to take a Deposit as we already had paid it via credit card. Deposit of course was taken. No bills at all from them. I get onto them for explanations a couple of times via email and phone but to be honest I'm still in the dark with their explanations.

I did then get some bills emailed to me. But WTF like. They refuse to send a proper invoice. It is just an email with a disaster of an invoice in the body, no attachement I can print off, no link to a webpage I can print a proper invoice. and they dont seem to give a toss.

Rant over, but interested if anyone else has similar issues with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I moved away from them years ago and don't tend to recommend them. Yes they're billing is strange, you pay in advance anyway so I don't see the point on deposits, you are dealing with businesses anyway who would tend to pay most their direct debits.

My opinion unfortunately would be to move within the cooling off period to somewhere else. Goldfish etc are easier to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm a reseller for Goldfish and I find them amazing.

I must have 300+ phones with them through various different companies and ZERO complaints.

There's always some headaches (for me) during initial config, but their support is top notch - you call and get through to a human instantly, no BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm a reseller for Goldfish and I find them amazing.

I must have 300+ phones with them through various different companies and ZERO complaints.

There's always some headaches (for me) during initial config, but their support is top notch - you call and get through to a human instantly, no BS.

I think decision has been made to move to them due to Blueface basically being impossible to deal with.

I'm only at the billing end but even that got worse the other day when the demanded we set up a DD to pay the bill so they wouldn't have to ring every week. They have never rung........ And we are on a DD!

Joke

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The market share is small.

It depends on your requirements. Blueface have their plug and plug solution, but that's just it. In 2017 they still have a deposit on direct debits, this is crazy.

I've recommended Goldfish before and dealt with them a few times, to this day I still think they are better Blueface and other providers out there.

We moved away from Blueface to Viatel and they've been solid.

Remember the telecoms market is an oligopoly. They sell routes to eachother and many resell someone else. This makes it difficult for consumers when they have a technical issue for example which is why I'm wary of switching to some unknown provider.

Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yea and whats even weirder they keep sending me emails reminding me to top up our account and other ones to make sure i renew it!

i only manage the bills, keep telling them that and tell them who they need to address, but it falls on deaf ears

anyway, as i say, i think the lads have a move underway to goldfish or someone else

• Advertisement
Advertisement