Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slaven Bilic gone

• 06-11-2017 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The least surprising sacking in a very long time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Quite unpleasant owners with delusions of West Ham being a bigger club without wanting to put the money in to make them so. Coupled with a lot of their fans wanting the team to play the "West Ham way", hiding to nothing for Bilic and whoever follows him.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• I can't see what Moyes will provide. He's on a terrible run since his Man Utd stint.
    Why take over a club who looks likely to get relegated. It's just going to end up Sunderland 2.0.
    Only reason is money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Moyes has failed at every club since Everton. Would WH fans be happy with him? Will he do a better job there than Bilic has long term? Can he turn things around immediately? Not sure if he's the answer at all. Maybe I'm being too harsh though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll echo everyone elses sentiments, Moyes is a questionnable appointment. Hes been poor to brutal since leaving Everton.

I think West Ham have gone for the safe British appointment and going on the last few years, it could backfire badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

There's the makings of a decent team there. They need someone who can organize and motivate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully he was sacked in time for all the podcasts recording this morning to have it on there shows.

Usually managers get sacked just after they finish recording.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I can't see what Moyes will provide. He's on a terrible run since his Man Utd stint.
    Why take over a club who looks likely to get relegated. It's just going to end up Sunderland 2.0.
    Only reason is money.

As I said in the United thread a few days back, Moyes has gone to three clubs in a row with relatively low bars set, and failed to meet the targets. With the level his confidence must be at, this seems a dreadful move for a team wanting to avoid relegation, and I'd be very pessimistic if I was a West Ham fan right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Hopefully he was sacked in time for all the podcasts recording this morning to have it on there shows.

Usually managers get sacked just after they finish recording.
    There's that to consider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Only reason is money.

Usually the most persuasive reason of all!

To be honest I would have stuck with Bilic instead of appointing Moyes. Moyes is broken since United.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

M!Ck^ wrote:
    I can't see what Moyes will provide.

Based on the last few years:
    Laughs?
    Amusement at the expense of West Ham?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As I said in the United thread a few days back, Moyes has gone to three clubs in a row with relatively low bars set, and failed to meet the targets. With the level his confidence must be at, this seems a dreadful move for a team wanting to avoid relegation, and I'd be very pessimistic if I was a West Ham fan right now...

They should be, but the fans and owners alike seem to be completely deluded about their place in the footballing world. I've been watching football since the late 80's, I would never have associated them with success or 'good football'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Lots of fans on bbc and the likes were adamant they didnt want moyes.
    Think its all down to this so called west ham way of playing football. Its why they got rid of big sam because they wanted attacking football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was there Saturday and the fans have been sold a pup by the board,that stadium as a football ground is absolutely shocking. Too far away from the pitch and the atmosphere is like a funeral, couldn't even hear the Liverpool fans who were 4 goals up. Rent on that stadium is £2.5m a year, they are covering that in one match id say.

Another club that dumped big Sam because they taught they could do better. He would atleast have them organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ah yes, the "West Ham way".

Because its been very successful in the last 50 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

SlickRic wrote: »
    The least surprising sacking in a very long time.

Wrong, that would have been Koemans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Feel sorry for West Ham fans getting Moyes

Think the game has passed him by now that the prem is quite modern and tactical

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pure tashte

West Ham certainly have the players to take them out of the bottom 3, but will Moyes be able to motivate them sufficiently?

It's hard to see how he is much of an upgrade on Bilic, he's hardly done much to inspire any confidence in the last 5 years. The owners clearly have ideas above their station, so it's hard to know what would constitute success for Moyes. Would Premier League survival suffice for this season?

Advertisement