Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

use UK short stay visa to return to Ireland

Options
  • 06-11-2017 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently working in Ireland, and I want my mother to come with me for six months. Is my following plan workable?

1. My mother applies for a short family visit visa in Beijing, China
    2. She uses the Visa to come to Ireland, stay for 3 months.
    3. During that period, she uses the Ireland Visa to apply for a short visit UK visa.
    4. after 3 months in Ireland, she goes to UK and then return to Ireland.
    5. As she is Chinese and holding a short visit UK visa, she's supposed to be able to enter Ireland.
    6. She can stay in Ireland for another 3 months.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

suitianshi wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently working in Ireland, and I want my mother to come with me for six months. Is my following plan workable?

1. My mother applies for a short family visit visa in Beijing, China
    2. She uses the Visa to come to Ireland, stay for 3 months.
    3. During that period, she uses the Ireland Visa to apply for a short visit UK visa.
    4. after 3 months in Ireland, she goes to UK and then return to Ireland.
    5. As she is Chinese and holding a short visit UK visa, she's supposed to be able to enter Ireland.
    6. She can stay in Ireland for another 3 months.

If you want to jeopardise your mother being able to visit legally ever again and possibly being deported then sure. The law is the law, INIS are possibly the most particular agency we have. This is not advisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Caranica wrote: »
    If you want to jeopardise your mother being able to visit legally ever again and possibly being deported then sure. The law is the law, INIS are possibly the most particular agency we have. This is not advisable.

Apart from the waste of money when she is refused entry at the border where they are paid to look out for and scrutinise these kind of scams.

Advertisement