Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair taxi or accessible van for hire?

Options
  • 06-11-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know someone who might do private taxi runs who'd have a wheelchair accessible van for someone who needs to get to a hospital appointment?
    It's for someone who has pretty severe injuries who needs to kept quite stable so ideally it'd be a van with a hydraulic lift rather than one with a ramp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Would a private ambulance service such as Medicall, Lifeline etc, not make more sense? The staff would be trained medical practitioners and would be trained to handle the ambulance and patient's injury.
    If it's the Galway Clinic then I believe the Murray Ambulance service are based there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

flazio wrote: »
    Would a private ambulance service such as Medicall, Lifeline etc, not make more sense? The staff would be trained medical practitioners and would be trained to handle the ambulance and patient's injury.
    If it's the Galway Clinic then I believe the Murray Ambulance service are based there.

They are extremely expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Galway Taxi’s do wheelchair Taxis, there no more expensive than a normal mini bus Taxi. Good Service I’ve used them for years

Try the Order of Malta. They may be able to help you with transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

bearclaire wrote: »
    Galway Taxi’s do wheelchair Taxis, there no more expensive than a normal mini bus Taxi. Good Service I’ve used them for years
    Only thing is the OP mentions a specific injury which requires special care including a lift into the vehicle rather than a ramp which I assume all taxis would have the latter. That Galway better living bus looks like a good option if it's cheaper than a private ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks a million everyone. I have contacted these people and it looks like the best option! Thank God such places exist because the HSE really don't seem to care how people manage these things.

Advertisement