Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cannot access my Eircom.net email all afternoon

Options
  • 06-11-2017 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭

Can someone here help me please, I run a small business and this is my only email that my customers can contact me on.
    I had no difficulty whatsoever logging in automatically earlier today, but mid morning something happened and that is, the next page is coming up suggesting that my email password is wrong. It is not wrong as i did not change it from an hour previous to that.

One of my customers was good enough to text me while ago and when he sent an email the response he got was :
    This site can't be reached

http://zmmta400.webmail.cra.eircom.net/ is unreachable.

. Checking the connection

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Could one of the Eir reps please tell me what is going on here, it seems to me that Eir have pulled the plug on my email, an account i have had running for the last 11 years.

Also there is no way this is a dormant account as it is used a few times every day.

I trust you guys can help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 king02

It must be a countrywide problem. I logged in this morning without any issues but I am getting the same message as you since lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

king02 wrote:
    It must be a countrywide problem. I logged in this morning without any issues but I am getting the same message as you since lunchtime

It is a relief to see I am not alone. I hope this is sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

same problem

hope its sorted soon 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It’s telling me my log in details are wrong but there not

Gael23 wrote:
    It’s telling me my log in details are wrong but there not

Seems to be the same as the rest of us, if that is any consultation.
    I hope they can at least let us know that they are aware of it and working on a solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Tom2

I managed to get through to Technical Support this morning.  They could not find my username on their database - in other words, whatever happened last night deleted my account.  They then said that they were aware of an issue and it was being worked on.  Again, it would be very helpful if someone from eir would post here to tell us what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

webmail down for me since last night also. not a word from the Eir reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

kub wrote: »
    Can someone here help me please, I run a small business and this is my only email that my customers can contact me on.
    I had no difficulty whatsoever logging in automatically earlier today, but mid morning something happened and that is, the next page is coming up suggesting that my email password is wrong. It is not wrong as i did not change it from an hour previous to that.

One of my customers was good enough to text me while ago and when he sent an email the response he got was :

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Could one of the Eir reps please tell me what is going on here, it seems to me that Eir have pulled the plug on my email, an account i have had running for the last 11 years.

Also there is no way this is a dormant account as it is used a few times every day.

webmail  seems to be back up now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It’s back up for me but I have no emails for today which is strange

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

OP you probably should be investing in an email solution if you rely on it for business.

• Advertisement

Thank you Eir, your email service is back up and running.
    Much appreciated

java wrote:
    OP you probably should be investing in an email solution if you rely on it for business.

I agree, that ball is in motion now, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

Eir webmail has given me endless problems - suggest KUB gets a gmail account - much more reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

kub wrote: »

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Hi all, 

I've been speaking with our technical support team and they've advised there was an issue with the webmail service but seems to have been resolved now. 

If any customers are still having issues can you try doing a password re-set and this should get the service back up and running. You can do this using this link - https://autoreg.eir.ie/passwordchange/

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement