Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log home

• 06-11-2017 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im trying to cut out the middle man, and purchase and import a log cabin from finland or Lithuania, can anybody recommend a company ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭timfromtang

smona02 wrote: »
    Im trying to cut out the middle man, and purchase and import a log cabin from finland or Lithuania, can anybody recommend a company ?

I'd recommend buying a bit of forestry, have at it with an axe or buy the needed sawmill and log moulder from logosol, definitely no middlemen then.

A dry stone wall foundation built from stone found on the site will suffice.

tim

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I suspect that the op may be looking for a company that does the machined interlocking logs
    as opposed to a standard alaskan log build method, then again maybe I'm wrong.

I,ve worked with someone that went this route and bought from a lithuanian or estonian company.

And granted the prices were very reasonable, and quality was great. But the site crew that erected

had to be constantly pulled up on some of the installation methods they were using.

Interpreting the installation plans was where they were slipping up. Hence my input.

Advertisement