Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collection of stamps to donate

• 06-11-2017 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a collection of more than 500 stamps, most of them are used, they're from all over the world, very few are from Ireland. I'd like to donate this collection. Are you aware if it is possible to do it? Are there any charities who would accept them?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

What countries and dates? I might be interested.

Don't think charity shops would know much about stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sushmita

tricky D wrote: »
    What countries and dates? I might be interested.

Don't think charity shops would know much about stamps.

Stamps are from year 1900 until nowadays and they are from:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Czechoslovakia, DDR, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, USSR, Vatican city, Yugoslavia, Antigua & Barbuda, Bermuda, Canada, Cuba, UN New York, USA, Bolivia, Chile, Venezuela, Benin, Cameroon, Dr Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, North Korea, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, Australian Antarctic, New Zealand.

If you post a few photos of the older ones, I can check if there is any value. Just make sure they are good photos.

You could also check some of them out on https://www.stampworld.com/en/maps/Europe/

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sushmita

tricky D wrote: »
    If you post a few photos of the older ones, I can check if there is any value. Just make sure they are good photos.

You could also check some of them out on https://www.stampworld.com/en/maps/Europe/

Thank you for help and thank you for your advice as well, I'm on that website already :)
    The most valuable stamp that I have is from North Korea and is valued 15 euro. Very few are between 4 and 5, some are between 1 and 2. The majority just a few cents.

Beware of the values. Typically if you get half that you are doing very well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement