Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killruddery Cyclocross GP

Options
  • 06-11-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Killruddery Cyclocross GP

After the success of last year, Bray Wheelers are running our annual Cyclocross race, where else only in BRAY/BRÉ!!

The scenic backdrop of the Killruddery Estate will play host to the days racing again. We are looking forward to kids racing (which seems to be on the up), ladies (which has seen some great battles over the last few weeks) as well as senior As and Bs..

Last year was a #MUDBATH and though some of the 2016 course has seen work done to it, we are extending the course in search of deep, moist and brown mud! There will be new sections including a forest trail and a pump track section...

All this and MORE on November 26th

Registration will be up in the next day or two. There will also be sign-on on the day.

Hoping to see you there!

Grma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

And so after a minor hold-up.... online registration for Bray Wheelers Killruddery GP is now open!

https://fs27.formsite.com/BrayWheelers/form1/index.html

Last CX race in Leinster before the Nationals (I think).. don't miss out!!

more to follow here and on our FB page..

BOOM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

I've tried to enter via paypal but it wont let me - can I sign up on the day if I cant get in? Thanks...

siúcra, not sure what happened there, 20 or so paid entries in so far... sign-on on the day will be open indeed...

heading over tomorrow for course inspection... will update with images of sweeping corners, grassy paddocks and some mud!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Always look forward to this race. Hopefully the now famous mud bath is on the cards again this year.:D

ATTENTION ALL CROSSERS!!!

KILLRUDDERY CX 26TH NOVEMBER!!

WILL NOW BE RUN AS THE LEINSTER CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

PROGRAMME:
    10-11: UNDERAGE
    1100: LADIES, JUNIOR, U14, U16
    1200: SENIOR B, M60, JUNIOR U14, U16
    1330: SENIOR A, M40, M50, JUNIORS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Will the age catagories be staggered by a minute or 2 now that it is a championship race. I am just wondering? no big deal if they arent. Thanks for putting on the race and agreeing for it to be a Leinster champs.

We're looking at the timetable and considering giving more space to the different categories... but will be back with a definite answer by close of business tomorrow!

thanks for interest

***UPDATE ON RACE SCHEDULE***

Leinster CX Championships 2017, Killruddery, Bray

Race Timetable
    1030: M40, M50, M60, U14 & U16 Male: 45 mins race length, youth tbc on day
    1130: Ladies, Jnr Ladies, U14 & U16 Female: 45 mins race length, youth tbc on day
    1230: Senior B: 45 mins race length
    1330: Senior A, Jnr Male, U23 Male: 60 mins race length

Kids racing on separate course
    10: U6 & U8
    1030: U10 & U12

The changes to the race times are due to the event being ‘upgraded’ to the Leinster Cyclocross Championships, and so to facilitate all categories with their ‘stand-alone’ races as best as we can. This is the general schedule at both Provincial and National Championship events.

We apologize for the late notice and hope we are not putting anybody out.

Gridding will be based on the last round of the Fixx Series in Russborough House last weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you on the day.

Some queries on the race course, whether the 'mud-swamp' or 'slippery dip' from previous years are on it again....

THEY ARE NOT!

There has been a track built through the area where the swamp was and the dip has been taken out of the race altogether...

Also, there has been a lot of rainfall on the course over the last day or two. The surface is wet and slippery but it is expected to dry up over the next few days. I think it will be a muddy race, but the kind of mud that makes you and your bike dirty, NOT the kind that clogs up your drive train... if that makes any sense...

Course will be open for practice on the Saturday before raceday from 12-2

Any queries let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP.

grma

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hurrah, I will be back from work on time to catch the last two races. Any recommenced points for spectators to go, I will be dragging a mini cycling fan along.

• Advertisement

Mud puddle is gone which was a great hit for spectators, but not racers! there's a new forest section and a pump-track section that might attract the numbers... hope to see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Stupid question I'm sure but what's the difference between the 10:30 M40, M50, M60 race and the B Race?

I'm signed up for the B race (I think) but a 10:30 start would be handy :D

1030 is the Championship race, medals for grabs... B race is a non-championship side event... yes you can race in 1030, of course you have to be over 40! this can be sorted out at sign on....

grma

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

25sean wrote: »
    1030 is the Championship race, medals for grabs... B race is a non-championship side event... yes you can race in 1030, of course you have to be over 40! this can be sorted out at sign on....

grma

Luckily I'm well over 40! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Thanks to Sean and all at Bray Wheelers for a great event today. Can't bate racing!
    The main event saw Niall Davis take home the plaudits and the Jersey. Robin Seymour struggled to stay warm with a comfortable victory in the younger old man's race with Mick Jordon taking the young old man race and I think Terry McNeill taking the actually old man race?
    Didn't see the women's winner but Maeve Murrough was second.

The kids races were just pure class, as always

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Got down for a bit, great course and a tough slog for the riders, well done Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Really enjoyed today's racing. Great new course design that kept you on your toes. Thanks to Sean and the Bray Wheelers crew for all their hard work today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Great race, tough course. Well done Bray. I suffered all morning, too heavy a training load but it sure as hell beats the Sunday club spin!

Thanks to all for coming along and making the day.. what is a race without racers?!!

I'm off to Mol, Belgium next weekend for the World Masters Cyclocross Champs.. no mud, only sand!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

25sean wrote: »
    Thanks to all for coming along and making the day.. what is a race without racers?!!

I'm off to Mol, Belgium next weekend for the World Masters Cyclocross Champs.. no mud, only sand!

Wow, thats awesome Sean. All the very best!

• Advertisement
Advertisement