If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Home Cinema Speaker Set Up

Options
  • 06-11-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi i previously bought from you a denon avrx2300, a set of monitor audio bronze and a bronze centre im now looking to expand the set up ideally to at least a 7.2 at some stage
    I was thinking of replacing the bronze 2s on the front with bronze 6s on the front eventually probably not right now due to the cost, but would want to use the current bronze 2 fronts i have for somewhere in the set up as not to have them go to waste im not sure would they be ok for  speakers 4 and 5 or 6 and 7 or would you need the fx speakers for those 4 speakers, so im looking for advice on where to go next with it

my current set up is 
    denon avrx2300 
    bronze 2s at the front
    bronze centre
    tiny pioneer boxcase speakers at the rear which i intent to replace at some stage
    no subs at the moment 

So looking for your advise on this thanks  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi i previously bought from you a denon avrx2300, a set of monitor audio bronze and a bronze centre im now looking to expand the set up ideally to at least a 7.2 at some stage
    I was thinking of replacing the bronze 2s on the front with bronze 6s on the front eventually probably not right now due to the cost, but would want to use the current bronze 2 fronts i have for somewhere in the set up as not to have them go to waste im not sure would they be ok for  speakers 4 and 5 or 6 and 7 or would you need the fx speakers for those 4 speakers, so im looking for advice on where to go next with it

my current set up is 
    denon avrx2300 
    bronze 2s at the front
    bronze centre
    tiny pioneer boxcase speakers at the rear which i intent to replace at some stage
    no subs at the moment 

So looking for your advise on this thanks  
    Hi Soap,

If you were to keep your Bronze 2 speakers in the set up I would use them as your rears and get a set of FX speakers for the sides of the room. The Bronze 6s would be a massive upgrade in the system, giving a punchier and wider soundstage at the front.

There are two ways to go about upgrading. You could go for a set of Bonze FX speakers first and use them as the rears until you buy the Bronze 6.

Or I can do you a price on the Bronze 6s to upgrade those first then add the FX at a later date. I could do a brand new set of Bronze 6 at £635 including shipping.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Hi thanks for the quick reply and advice there, ah would there be much difference in using thebronze 2s as rears as opposed to the fx speaker's or would it be better to have all the surround and rear speakers as fx speakers? and what kind of price could you do on the bronze fx speakers? Thanks again

Hi thanks for the quick reply and advice there, ah would there be much difference in using thebronze 2s as rears as opposed to the fx speaker's or would it be better to have all the surround and rear speakers as fx speakers? and what kind of price could you do on the bronze fx speakers? Thanks again
    Hi Soap MacTavish.

The FX speakers are designed in a way to spread the sound that they produce.

Like John mentioned above you could use the FX as the side speakers and use the Bronze . The Bronze 2's are a very good speaker and in my opinion better than the FX.
    We see many people use the Bronze 1 or 2 as their rear speakers.

We could do a pair of the FX speakers for £245.00 delivered.

Hi would there be any further discount on any of these speakers for black friday sale or cyber monday? thanks 

Hi would there be any further discount on any of these speakers for black friday sale or cyber monday? thanks 
    Hi Soap MacTavish.

Unfortunately we do not get told our Black Friday deals until Thursday evening.

Pricing goes live on Thursday night on both .ie and .co.uk

• Advertisement

any deals on any of these for the weekend? :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

any deals on any of these for the weekend? :)
    Soap,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - its been bonkers for the last few days, apologies!

Bronze FX - Black Friday weekend Boardie special - £225 / €259

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

no hassle thanks for the reply, would there be anything off the bronze 6's as was thinning of adding those first possibly thanks

no hassle thanks for the reply, would there be anything off the bronze 6's as was thinning of adding those first possibly thanks
    Hi Soap,

The Bronze 6s have actually fallen below my original quote so could do a pair for £629 including shipping. Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.