Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hear scheme

Options
  • 07-11-2017 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Wondering if anyone here can clear up a few things for me about the hear scheme.
    If a course has 50 places and 5 are set aside for hear students if you are eligible for hear are you then restricted to getting one of those five places or are they just for people on reduced points? So if you get enough points on your own do you get one of the 45 places??
    Also does anyone know what benefits Nuig give on the hear scheme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mallen

Hi, you will compete with other HEAR applicants for the 5 reduced points places. The 5 HEAR people with highest points i.e under the ordinary cut off, will get those places. If you get enough points anyway (not reduced) you will not take one of the 5 places but will still be entitled to the benefits. In NUIG you get a book token worth about €300, a dedicated mentor for advice, and financial help with some academic grinds. You will also get about €200/€300 from the student assistance fund but you have to apply for this separately every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hope2985

mallen wrote: »
    Hi, you will compete with other HEAR applicants for the 5 reduced points places. The 5 HEAR people with highest points i.e under the ordinary cut off, will get those places. If you get enough points anyway (not reduced) you will not take one of the 5 places but will still be entitled to the benefits. In NUIG you get a book token worth about €300, a dedicated mentor for advice, and financial help with some academic grinds. You will also get about €200/€300 from the student assistance fund but you have to apply for this separately every year.

Thanks you so much this was really helpful

Advertisement