Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If it’s meant to be, it’s up to me.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Woooohooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Well done on the PB, you smashed through that 25 min barrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

Well done on the PB. Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

well done on the park run PB I hope your still delighted with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Really nicely done on the sub25 parkrun. Congrats again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Well done - you smashed your previous parkrun pb!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Well done Kellygirl - gutsy run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I really am delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Woooooo brilliant! Delighted to read this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Well done on the pb your flying it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Just seeing your parkrun report now, congrats on the PB. Great stuff.

Week 12 Grads 5-10km plan

Monday: WU; 6x4min CV (8:00-11); CD
    7:59; 8:05; 7:51; 8:07; 7;53; 7:56
    Total miles 7:03

I possibly should have waited another day to do this as was feeling quite tired but a friend was joining me so went for it. I found it tougher than usual but having my friend there probably helped as I trailed behind her and kept up with her whereas I’m not sure I’d have hit the paces on my own. I was quite wrecked by the time we finished even though I still insisted on running past the car for another .25miles to satisfy my OCD tendancies.

Tuesday: 5.1 miles very easy @ 11:46 - 60 mins exactly

Couldn’t run Tuesday morning so planned to get out that evening. Was very tempted to bail when it came to it but made myself go. Was a nice little run. Cold out so had a jacket on and didn’t even break a sweat.

Wednesday: 4.53 miles @ 11:01 in 49 mins. Should have been 60 mins very easy

Ran with a friend who was doing a little less than me and just finished with her as we are mid conversation and I didn’t feel like turning off on my own at that point.

Thursday: WU; 5,4,3,2,1 min @ (Thres/CV/AP/Vo2/110%) paces w/ equal recovery; CD

Threshold: 8:22-34; Actual 8:17
    CV: 8:00-11; Actual 8:04
    AP: 7:40-7:50; Actual 7:53
    VO2: 7:22-31; Actual 7:39
    110%: Actual 7:03

6 miles in total

This was a strange one. Legs just weren’t feeling it from the start. Sometimes you run along and don’t think about it and some days you nearly have to consciously take every step. I felt I was smacking into the ground and just running strangely. I don’t know what the problem was. Slightly too fast for Threshold and CV and then didn’t hit the paces in the faster intervals. It was fairly windy and gusty but I don’t think it was just that. Anyway I did it and the effort was there - though my heart rate looked funny on this one too. I was wearing the chest monitor but funnily enough the data looked slightly off on Mondays session too. Don’t know if I’ve damaged it in some way or what it’s doing. It was chafing me so I’ve gotten into habit of rubbing on some body glide and maybe it’s that. Will see at the next session though seemed ok today for my long run.

Saturday: 80 mins easy: 7.8miles @ 10:20 min/mile

My nicest run of the week. Set off a bit later than usual and it was a beautiful spring morning. Wore my DCM 2018 top and no jacket and off I went. I’d reminded myself of my easy paces before I left and should have been slower than 11 min miles but even though I felt I was going really easy I was surprised whenever I looked at the watch that I was a little faster. I was conscious of my form and that I was not just plodding after a post I’d seen elsewhere by Testosterscone during the week and it all just felt right. I got back to the car and continued on as I’d 2.5mins to go before hitting 80 mins and felt as fresh as I did at the start and would have loved to continued on for another while. Had to fly home, quick shower, make a sandwich, stuff it in my bag and take the kids to The Lego Movie. I disgraced my husband by taking out my sandwiches to eat in the cinema :D But, in my defense I have been sticking to my healthy eating plan pretty well and down over 9lbs now in 4 weeks so I was not skipping lunch as I knew I’d tuck into rubbish otherwise. He bought a pack of rolo’s and I was thinking of Applegirl - I had to remind him to give me his last one though :rolleyes:

30.4 miles in total this week.

Skipping week 13 of the plan now and heading straight into week 14 as planning on doing the Carrigaline 5 mile race next Sunday. My 5 mile pb is 40:50 and I’ll honestly be happy to just beat that by anything at all. The runfastcoach calculator gives me a predicted 5 mile time of 40:35. Sure we’ll see on the day. I’d like some new paces heading into the HM plan for Cork though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Haha, cinema episode is deadly!!! Some solid training, keep it going those paces will shoot down, be patient.

OOnegative wrote: »
    Haha, cinema episode is deadly!!! Some solid training, keep it going those paces will shoot down, be patient.

Thanks B. I’ve absolutely loved this training block and looking forward to starting it again for the HM stuff now. Last year I put pressure on myself for bigger PBs that didn’t happen so I’ll be happy this year to chip away at them bit by bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Thanks B. I’ve absolutely loved this training block and looking forward to starting it again for the HM stuff now. Last year I put pressure on myself for bigger PBs that didn’t happen so I’ll be happy this year to chip away at them bit by bit.

That’s a big thing I think, enjoying your training & less pressure. We are ALL guilty of trying to hit x,y and z times when it comes to racing. I’ve genuinely found my best results have come when i’m a bit blasé about how I run, not easy to do I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Doing great Karen, I say it's normal to feel a little tired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Great training . The post you mention by testosterscone were can I find that please. ? My long runs are fast compared to some but they feel grand and I spend the whole time chatting and the conversation even can get quite heated.

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Great training . The post you mention by testosterscone were can I find that please. ? My long runs are fast compared to some but they feel grand and I spend the whole time chatting and the conversation even can get quite heated.

It was actually on his Instagram page in response to a question under one of the posts. He mentioned the approx pace for the person asking but also that it should be by feel and focusing on form and feel quite bouncy. Hope I’m remembering correctly now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Great week K, you sound like you're genuinely loving it, it's a super feeling! I'm sure you'll do great in the 5m.

Kellygirl wrote:
    It was actually on his Instagram page in response to a question under one of the posts. He mentioned the approx pace for the person asking but also that it should be by feel and focusing on form and feel quite bouncy. Hope I’m remembering correctly now :-)

Ah Jesus do I really need to get set up on another form of social media to pick his brain? Haha

• Advertisement

Ah Jesus do I really need to get set up on another form of social media to pick his brain? Haha

Ha ha - tell him come back here. We can’t all be following him round the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭BrownEyes79

Another great week K and well done on keeping up with the healthy eating too! Are you still foam rolling, I've noticed a huge improvement in my heavy legs since I start doing it more regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Great week again there K, you've done such good training since DCM and it's great to see how much you're enjoying it. Can't believe you're almost finished the plan already!

Another great week K and well done on keeping up with the healthy eating too! Are you still foam rolling, I've noticed a huge improvement in my heavy legs since I start doing it more regularly

Emmmmm - not enough at all. Funnily enough, I meant to include in my log that I got a weird pain in my calf on Friday - that was the calf that got injured before DCM and the pain felt similar. I rolled it and didn’t know what it would be like on Saturdays run but was grand while running. Felt it a bit after and rolled twice that day and rubbed it out and fine ever since so maybe just a knot of some sort. I should be doing way more, though besides that twinge I’m actually feeling fairly good - better than all of last year I’d say. Glad you got over the heavy leg feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I just set one up...jaysus you'd need a degree to find your way around it. Head will be properly melted working it out! The joys of being a dinosaur!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

skyblue46 wrote:
    I just set one up...jaysus you'd need a degree to find your way around it. Head will be properly melted working it out! The joys of being a dinosaur!!

You've given me a business idea...Instagram lessons for dinosaurs ðŸ˜

ReeReeG wrote: »
    You've given me a business idea...Instagram lessons for dinosaurs ðŸ˜

Wanna go into business with me? My idea is programming Garmins for people. Send me your plan and a recent race and I'll do the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Huzzah! wrote:
    Wanna go into business with me? My idea is programming Garmins for people. Send me your plan and a recent race and I'll do the rest.

Could add colour coded spreadsheets to this too

Best of running tomorrow K!

• Advertisement

Good luck! Run well.

Advertisement