Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving ESB meter

Options
  • 07-11-2017 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

In the process of moving ESB meter from inside to outside (building a new wall for it). Two quick questions on the guidance doc
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/docs/default-source/publications/your-meter-cabinet.pdf?sfvrsn=6

Can the 50mm duct bring in 3 phase supply?
    What are “fixing spikes” going to left and right? Do I drill holes in side of box (breaking the DPC) and fix it to wall on either side using screws?

Thanks v much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,442 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bikenut wrote: »
    In the process of moving ESB meter from inside to outside (building a new wall for it).
    Do you mean a standalone wall, completely separate to the house?
    bikenut wrote: »
    Can the 50mm duct bring in 3 phase supply?
    For a domestic supply or simialr, likely yes.
    What are “fixing spikes” going to left and right?
    Likely some form of nail or spike that comes with the meter cabinet kit. They're there to hold the cabinet in place.
    Do I drill holes in side of box (breaking the DPC) and fix it to wall on either side using screws?
    I don't think you will have DPC at the side of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

Yes. A new wall within 2meters of front wall of house. Redoing the patio at same time.

That's good re 3 phase. As you say I was expecting something to come with cabinet or there to be pre drilled holes but there's nothing. Guess I just drill my own and use some screws to hold it in place. Thanks very much

Advertisement