Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Pro 12.9 difference between 2016 or 2017?

Options
  • 07-11-2017 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my old iPad (2013) and have decided on the 12.9 screen Pro version.
    However, looking on Amazon, there seems to be a 128gb version at a good price that isn't available on the Apple Store so I'm assuming it's last years model.

What's the difference between them and is it worth paying more to get this years model but with less storage - 64gb? (Storage isn't an issue as my old iPad has 32gb and I've got 10gb spare.)

I'd be grateful for some insight.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Some good deals on the 2016 model in the refurb store too. Different processor for a start. You can compare the specs os both on the Apple site from one of the refurb units

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The 2017 iPad Pro features a 120Hz ProMotion display that can adaptively adjust its refresh rate depending on the content you are viewing/using. The 2015 model, on the other hand, is limited to a conventional 60Hz. The higher refresh rate also has a positive knock-on effect on the latency of the Apple Pencil.

If you need the improved latency of the Pencil and like to game with refresh rate on it, get the '17 model. If that does not incentivise you, especially if you're not interested in digital art/notetaking, there's no problem with the '15 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Thank you both for replying.
    I'm now wondering if I should also consider the 10.5 (2017) version...

I tend to keep my tech for a few years rather than upgrade frequently (recently upgraded to an iPhone 7 from a 4s) so I'll wait until I visit Cork city to find somewhere that stocks them so I can have a proper look and see just how different they are.

Decisions, decisions!

If you're a digital artist, you'll benefit from the 12.9" version.

By the way, what's your workload/typical usage on your iPad?

• Advertisement
Advertisement