Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scolmore Click iNels

Options
  • 07-11-2017 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Apologies for starting new thread but searched the forum (along with all of Boards) and can't find any mention of Click iNels which I was a bit surprised by.
    https://www.clicklitehouse.ie/_pdfs/inels.pdf
    https://www.electricalcounter.co.uk/products/Transmitters+&+Receivers/Click+Inels+Range

This is distributed by Scolmore here (part of their lights/switches) catalogue and I used it last year when I needed a light and switch in a hurry and couldn't run a wire.

I'm now considering investing a bit more heavily in it as start to home automation - any reviews / thoughts. Better to go another route? Ultimately I don't want to be tied into a single brand so need to see if these can be controlled with a Pi or generic transmitter.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Interesting looking kit, but looks quite pricey ?

A couple of things I would say, apart from the price.

1) I think you should be wary about stuff like built in touchscreen keypads that are proprietry, ie wont work with any other system. A keypad wont last as long as your wiring, or your house, dont build stuff like that into your house.
    2) It doesnt say what technlogy it uses, it mentions RF, but what standard/protocol ?
    3) How easy or difficult is it to integrate with other systems, particularly evolving stuff like google home/alexa etc.

Havnt looked at it in any real detail apart from the pdf, and the price list. The din mounted dimmer unit is very expensive imho.

Take a look at other systems if you are looking at hardwiring, such as velbus, loxone, idratek etc, but again, watch these systems to see how easy it is to integrate with GH/Alexa type devices. I have a velbus system, which I love, but am quite frustrated with figuring out how to integrate it now to GH. It's doable, but not easy, and it should be easy.

If youre retrofitting and not re-wiring then there are lots of inwall options available!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'd agree with most of the above.

I read a bit of it 868 MHz RF band etc

I looked at the units too. I think this is similar to the wireless system that operates off the kenetic energy of switching to charge a battery also you have the little 4 channel button remotes,

It's good/solid but very very expensive and is imo slightly dated.

Some of their dimming units are 2000watt rated so it's a commerical offering or else an older architecture designed incandescent and halogen Lighting.

Siemens do a similar a similar system distributed by Core electric.

Again I think you'd be married into it.

These are good for that one off switch you can't cable to.

TBH about three or four years ago I got rid of most of those adaptor type smart sockets. To me they look old and at 64 Euro pop it would add up quickly.

I also wouldn't be sure these are state aware, looks like generation 1 lightwaverf and look like X10 sockets form the 1990's

Again it has signal repeaters a lot of the newer kit use a mesh tech so the devices expand the network range and wirelessly feedback if they are on or off.

I'd say the wireless features are a bolt on to a wired system and provide an alternative switching option for devices rather than being part of an intergrated system.
    Again this can be handy, but it's not a feature full as a a Philips hue tap switch.

Again I could be wrong
    But it is expensive
    I never heard of it and I've worked with many systems over the years
    I never saw it mentioned on IFTTT or Google home or a skill on Alexa

Advertisement