Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old account in credit

Options
  • 07-11-2017 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have received an email saying my account is in credit by well over a hundred euro but when I log in to view it says account has ceased (I left Eir some time ago)

Can you please check into whether this money is indeed due back to me and how do I get the refund?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I would have assumed that banks would not be sending you emails in regard to your account but then again I could be incorrect. I would assume the email is of dubious integrity so thread carefully.
    Oh no the email is from Eir (my account with Eir is in credit apparently) and has my first name on it etc...)
    The link also takes me to the Eir website and so on.... I'm 100% sure it's a legit email.
    Just trying to figure how to get the refund when the account is technically closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Yes, it's legit. My parents recently moved from Eir and just the other day received a traceable email (headers were all correct and it was sent from Eirs servers) from Eir stating that they owe -€44! Not sure how this is recovered or claimed. We are currently playing the waiting game as to if and when Eir will refund...

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I left nearly a year ago so unfortunately I don't think they'll sort it without the customer making the first move. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

We had the same when we moved house and left eir. Eir charges line rental in advance, that's where the credit comes from.
    You have to ring them and ask for the money to be returned. They will send you a cheque, takes about 10 days to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,

I have received an email saying my account is in credit by well over a hundred euro but when I log in to view it says account has ceased (I left Eir some time ago)

Can you please check into whether this money is indeed due back to me and how do I get the refund?

Thanks
    Hi One_Of_Shanks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Can you PM me your account number and full name so I can check o this for you please?

- Adam

• Advertisement

Thanks Adam.   PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Thanks Adam.   PM sent.
    Thanks, I'll get back to your PM with an update.

- Adam

Advertisement