Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling direct debit

Options
  • 07-11-2017 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I wish to cancel a direct debit for a gym membership. I have followed the instructions the gym have given on their website in regards to cancelling the membership on their side but they have also instructed to contact my bank also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

brax wrote: »
    Hi, I wish to cancel a direct debit for a gym membership. I have followed the instructions the gym have given on their website in regards to cancelling the membership on their side but they have also instructed to contact my bank also.
    Hi Brax

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

Please log into 365 online through a browser or a PC and check your most recent transaction presented from the gym, to see if it was a SEPA DD or a POS (Point of sale on your Visa Debit card).

If its a SEPA DD, there'll be an orange + sign next to the amount. Please click this and a new window will open with the DD details. You should see a blue tab to 'Cancel'. Please click this and fill out the relevant details. Once we receive your instruction at least 3 business days before the transaction is due to leave your account, the bank will not facilitate any DD presented by the gym.

If the narrative says POS before the name of the gym, and they present again after you've confirmed the cancellation with them, you'll need to send a request through the service desk by choosing to 'Ask a Question'. Please use the heading 'Cancel Continuous Authority', and include the date and amount of the transaction and name of the gym. We'll send a request on your behalf asking the gym to cancel any future payments. You'll have chargeback rights for any debits made by the gym after we receive your request and send it on to them.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else

Thanks again, Jane

Advertisement