Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elf on the Shelf

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

k9f5f5.jpg

You could do this if ye don’t want to move the elf no mo.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That's excellent! I reckon I might do that but I'll need to move it a few places first, maybe have it on the floor one morning as if it's fallen off the shelf and broken it's leg. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2aaaqon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Toots wrote: »
    So I finally caved in and bought one of these demented things. It's currently sitting on the shelf and its creepy dead eyes are staring at me as I type this. I don't know where it's going to move to tonight. The only thing that's making it worthwhile is my little boy is absolutely ecstatic right now.

Yep they are freaky and currently the bane of my life but my little girl tears around the house every morning to see where he is and what he's done and that makes it all worthwhile!

Last night he absailed down our sitting room curtains (although it didn't really look like that tbh) and tonight, he'll be turning the milk blue as per a previous post on this thread.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Well last night ours moved so he was sitting in my Christmas stocking. The little fella was thrilled altogether. Christ only knows where it'll end up tonight, we've got to find somewhere he can see it, but that his little sister won't be able to reach, because she'll just eat it.

• Advertisement

We did the coloured milk thing yesterday - wasn't a good idea. My little girl was not happy, it was a whole glass case of emotion ordeal for her. She got over it later in the day and thought he was very naughty and kept asking could she open the fridge to tell him he was naughty. Today, he is more sedate altogether and is just chilling out on the Christmas tree

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

CheerLouth wrote:
    We did the coloured milk thing yesterday - wasn't a good idea. My little girl was not happy, it was a whole glass case of emotion ordeal for her. She got over it later in the day and thought he was very naughty and kept asking could she open the fridge to tell him he was naughty. Today, he is more sedate altogether and is just chilling out on the Christmas tree

Uh oh! Sorry, it was me that gave the idea! Its amazing how they all react differently, my cousins kids loved it and ate their cereal with the coloured milk.

Its funny that she kept wanting to open the fridge and give out tho!!

Well we fcuked up good and proper the night before last. Husband suffering a bad case of jet lag, and me exhausted from parenting solo for the week and having one of the kids in hospital, we both fell asleep on the couch and then staggered into bed in the wee hours, but forgot to move the elf.

The little dude was devastated the next morning, luckily my husband was quick thinking and chucked a handful of Lego around it to make it look like the elf was playing with it in the night, and rescued the situation. Elf reminders have been set on the phones now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I did the milk last night.
    Went down brilliant with my 3 girls.
    Thanks op

Tonight they went back to the North Pole and picked up the book....... I’d forgotten to take it out of the attic and it has been missed

I've been thinking of TP'ing the Christmas Tree....but not sure if it's a good idea given the milk fiasco....it's so hard to think of something new and exciting every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

CheerLouth wrote:
    I've been thinking of TP'ing the Christmas Tree....but not sure if it's a good idea given the milk fiasco....it's so hard to think of something new and exciting every day.

I saw an idea of the elf hiding inside a small coke bottle, if you peel the label, cut the bottle open across middle, stuff the elf in, tape the bottle and stick the label back over ya don't notice the opening!

Or just hiding under a pint glass,

Or legs sticking up out of the cereal box

Or if you have scrabble put the elf playing with other toys and spell out some christmasy words, holly, tinsel, tree, star etc or you could go naughty with poo,Willy etc.

Or elf building a tower with building blocks,

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

We did the scrabble one last year, spelt out a message to the kids that they were top of Santa's Good List

It went down very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Wrapped the tv last night and addressed it to Santa from the elf

A last minute idea before the elf disappears

2poy0w5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

On his last night, our Elf put the family cat in the cat carrier with a “return to Santa” note.

Advertisement