Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get broadband nearly a month after order

Options
  • 07-11-2017 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm speechless after the latest failure to perform what should be a simple process to get broadband at home.

We moved into our place on 26/9, and were told that we could not take over the existing broadband account on the premises. We were also told that the landlord would have to close his account so we could open one.

On 13 October, having been told that this was done by the landlord, we signed up with Eir for 1000MB Fibre extreme with TV and home phone package. Also told that we won't get a bill until a month after the cooling off period following final installation.

The first installation was cancelled with no notice and no explanation. After being shuttled around on the phone, the final thing was a blatant lie to me that they'd contacted me and left a voicemail.

A second appointment read set up for 10 days later, 6/ November. The guy shows up and tells us that the order he was given was to install a copper line... which was baffling to him since it's impossible to get 1000MB Fibre broadband on a copper line.

To make matters worse, we get a bill through the door for €79, with our names and the landlord account number, EVEN THOUGH WE'VE NOT EVEN HAD A SERVICE INSTALLATION OR BEEN UNABLE TO ACCESS THE EXISTING SERVICE.

Can I get someone to sort this out today???

Who do I need to speak to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I'm speechless after the latest failure to perform what should be a simple process to get broadband at home.

We moved into our place on 26/9, and were told that we could not take over the existing broadband account on the premises. We were also told that the landlord would have to close his account so we could open one.

On 13 October, having been told that this was done by the landlord, we signed up with Eir for 1000MB Fibre extreme with TV and home phone package. Also told that we won't get a bill until a month after the cooling off period following final installation.

The first installation was cancelled with no notice and no explanation. After being shuttled around on the phone, the final thing was a blatant lie to me that they'd contacted me and left a voicemail.

A second appointment read set up for 10 days later, 6/ November.  The guy shows up and tells us that the order he was given was to install a copper line... which was baffling to him since it's  impossible to get 1000MB Fibre broadband on a copper line.

To make matters worse, we get a bill through the door for €79, with our names and the landlord account number, EVEN THOUGH WE'VE NOT EVEN HAD A SERVICE INSTALLATION OR BEEN UNABLE TO ACCESS THE EXISTING SERVICE.

Can I get someone to sort this out today???

Who do I need to speak to?
    Hi sandman1212, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you are having with us, I understand this is very frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and the name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sandman1212

Is this being dealt with? please confirm. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

I'm trying to get a phone line installed for the past 7 weeks and still have no service.
    The latest is we were set up on the wrong exchange and have to change. Now I'm at my wit's end because every phone call last 1hr to 1.5 hours waiting then getting transferred from Dept to Dept. I'm still no further on.
    Today I rang eir to inform them that we are on wrong exchange and to get it changed but after an hour on hold I was told we had to cancel the order and start again. This will be the 3rd time to do this.
    Not once have I spoken to a manager or been offer an apology or help .
    This has been dragging on for so long now it's a farce.

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Is this being dealt with? please confirm. Thanks
    Hi sandman1212,

Tracey is out of the office today, however, feel free to PM me your details and I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

darkmark79 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get a phone line installed for the past 7 weeks and still have no service.
    The latest is we were set up on the wrong exchange and have to change. Now I'm at my wit's end because every phone call last 1hr to 1.5 hours waiting then getting transferred from Dept to Dept. I'm still no further on.
    Today I rang eir to inform them that we are on wrong exchange and to get it changed but after an hour on hold I was told we had to cancel the order and start again. This will be the 3rd time to do this.
    Not once have I spoken to a manager or been offer an apology or help .
    This has been dragging on for so long now it's a farce.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 sandman1212

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi sandman1212,

Tracey is out of the office today, however, feel free to PM me your details and I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

hi Adam

I've sent you a PM

Thanks

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi sandman1212,

- Adam

hi Adam

I've sent you a PM

Thanks
    Thanks,

I've responded to your PM.

- Adam

Advertisement