Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Broadband from eir from a different cabinet

Options
  • 07-11-2017 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi

Is it possible to get a new line installed but have it run from a different cabinet?

Our line checker shows 12MB max, but having checked line speeds from our neighbours who live <50m away, they are getting 25MB. It looks from the lines that they are hooking back to a different cabinet.

If we get a new line put in, can we have it directed to the other (faster) cabinet? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Neffa2 wrote: »
    Hi

Is it possible to get a new line installed but have it run from a different cabinet?

Our line checker shows 12MB max, but having checked line speeds from our neighbours who live <50m away, they are getting 25MB. It looks from the lines that they are hooking back to a different cabinet.

If we get a new line put in, can we have it directed to the other (faster) cabinet? 
    Hi Neffa2, 

Thanks for contacting us here. 

I'm afraid this is not possible, we are unable to connect you up to a different cabinet other than the one you have been assigned too. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

Hi

Hi Neffa2, 

I'm afraid this is not possible, we are unable to connect you up to a different cabinet other than the one you have been assigned too. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for coming back to me - to be clear, this would be for a new line, not the existing one. Someone somewhere must make a decision about which cabinet we get connected to ? Is it not possible to have that connected to a new cabinet (to be clear - you are talking about running about 10m of cable to the pole we are connected to!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi

Hi Neffa2, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for coming back to me - to be clear, this would be for a new line, not the existing one. Someone somewhere must make a decision about which cabinet we get connected to ? Is it not possible to have that connected to a new cabinet (to be clear - you are talking about running about 10m of cable to the pole we are connected to!)
    Hi,

Tracey isn't here today so I'm just getting back to you here instead. I understand that you're looking for a brand new line, however, we wouldn't be able to run this from a different cabinet than your current line. If you do get a second line installed at your home, it won't able to hold broadband. Only your existing line can hold broadband.

- Adam

Advertisement