Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to mirror my android phone to xbox ?

Afaik it's not possible but what would you want to do that for anyway? Would you not just connect it up to your Tv or monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Afaik it's not possible but what would you want to do that for anyway? Would you not just connect it up to your Tv or monitor.

There is a third party app on the store that can do it called AirServer, but it costs €20.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/store/p/airserver-xbox-edition/9nblggh52nb8?ocid=badge&rtc=1&tduid=(745fa7c3b23299cfbb16f489b74f5979)(259740)(2542549)(uuwpudunu50588yym)(dwp)

There was an Xbox Wireless Display app in beta for insiders but it has been removed and hasn't worked since March last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I wanted to watch the ufc and the only way i can watch it is mobdro. I dont have a cable to connect it to the tv im afraid.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I wanted to watch the ufc and the only way i can watch it is mobdro. I dont have a cable to connect it to the tv im afraid.

Cheers

Use microsoft edge on xbox and google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

There was an Xbox Wireless Display app in beta for insiders but it has been removed and hasn't worked since March last year.

I still have this on my dash and went to launch it on Saturday, only for it to return to dash over and over again.

I figured it had been discontinued, but didn't realise they stopped the app from launching altogether! Fcuking Microsoft :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,066 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So Sea of Thieves along with Crackdown 3 and State of Decay II are free at launch with gamepass?

Sold.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/955803220688896000

That's a bit mad. Serious value now :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So Sea of Thieves along with Crackdown 3 and State of Decay II are free at launch with gamepass?

Sold.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/955803220688896000

Yeah, Games Pass just got a whole hell of a lot more interesting, particularly if Microsoft follows through on their commitment to improving the amount of releases they're pushing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a bit mad. Serious value now :pac:

Interesting move. Would feel a bit jipped if I had any of those on preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

are those games going to be released soon?

That's brilliant. Would the Forza series be included? If so would Horizon 3 and Forza 7 be added I wonder?

EDIT Forza was mentioned in the article. Hope both are added.

• Advertisement

That's brilliant. Would the Forza series be included? If so would Horizon 3 and Forza 7 be added I wonder?

EDIT Forza was mentioned in the article. Hope both are added.

It'd be fh4 and forza 8 if and whenever they're made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

erkifino wrote: »
    It'd be fh4 and forza 8 if and whenever they're made.

Playground are meant to be making the next Fable full series game, guessing you could call it Fable 4. I wonder if they have a team working on Horizon 4 also? I hope so :)

I'm a bit shocked at that announcement for gamepass! I knew something was going to be announced for it soon, as news broke last week that an announcement was due, but that's a solid addition. I still think they should do a yearly sub like Access, but hopefully that comes down the line.

Any work on Crackdown 1 and 2 going BC? :D

What will this do for sales figures for these games? Does 1 sub = 1 sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

erkifino wrote: »
    Interesting move. Would feel a bit jipped if I had any of those on preorder.

Just cancelled my SoT order, 70 quid to buy something else so I'm delighted :pac:

This is a very interesting move

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno, I'm waiting for the 'but' to be announced.

I've a feeling it'll be something along the lines of them being in game pass, but only for the first week or two, Or else the games are rotten with microtransactions, and they're hoping that making them 'free' curbs the backlash. otherwise I cant see how the numbers are going to add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

maximoose wrote: »
    Just cancelled my SoT order, 70 quid to buy something else so I'm delighted :pac:

This is a very interesting move

It really is. There are huge savings to be had now IF you were looking to purchase a number of the new releases.

I've a feeling it'll be something along the lines of them being in game pass, but only for the first week or two, Or else the games are rotten with microtransactions, and they're hoping that making them 'free' curbs the backlash. otherwise I cant see how the numbers are going to add up.

I will wait for awhile and see just how this is going to work. You would imagine they are doing themselves out of money on new releases OR they are banking on you staying with them year on year meaning a steady cash flow as opposed to injections of cash flow when new games release.

Its a great but odd move.

I imagine this will hit the used games market hard. Also read on twitter 6 month subs are to be introduced come March.

That's good. I would be up for live membership style codes. Like 12 months for x euro. Redeem the code and you have 12 months games pass as opposed to having money coming out of my account each month.

If I could pay 100 euro for 12 months right now, I might be more willing to do that then 10 per month.

The obvious "but" at the moment is "but we've very little games of interest" and there'll be years lag before it gets rectified. Talk of future GOW, Halo and Forza titles coming to it do not fill me with anticipation. Especially as it means if they are working on these then there is nobody working on anything original. I know playgrounds are working on Fable so we can expect a break from FH4 or is it just that FH titles have become so generic that all they have to do is background graphics for the new location and slot it in to FH3, voila a new FH title.

Game Pass does update the catalogue with games coming and going. Boost Pass sales, give people a taster and a small discount while the 2nd hand market dies a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dont know about you guys, but I am looking back at the idea Microsoft had before launching x box one and I kind of really want it to a actually be implemented.
    My xbox is always online, I only want digital games on my console, I hate swaping discs.
    Xbox sales actually very disappointing unless its big xmas sale etc. Prices of old games can still be 60eu on Ms store.
    It would be great to buy game in Smyths for 15eu, pop it in to xbox and have like digital copy.

Or shops could stack digital copy codes in shops too. So you can buy digital or physical copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dont know about you guys, but I am looking back at the idea Microsoft had before launching x box one and I kind of really want it to a actually be implemented.
    My xbox is always online, I only want digital games on my console, I hate swaping discs.
    Xbox sales actually very disappointing unless its big xmas sale etc. Prices of old games can still be 60eu on Ms store.
    It would be great to buy game in Smyths for 15eu, pop it in to xbox and have like digital copy.

Or shops could stack digital copy codes in shops too. So you can buy digital or physical copy.

It was a great idea, but of course, the internet thought otherwise and was too concerned with being edgy and making memes to read the details and we now have the watered down version of it that is game sharing. Imagine being able to have 10 of your friends able to share games? it would have been brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Would one of you guys mind reminding me what MS had planned back then? I can't remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It was a great idea, but of course, the internet thought otherwise and was too concerned with being edgy and making memes to read the details and we now have the watered down version of it that is game sharing. Imagine being able to have 10 of your friends able to share games? it would have been brilliant.

It was a great idea, but very badly explained to the public by MS.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Would one of you guys mind reminding me what MS had planned back then? I can't remember...

Idea was with xbox one to be like steam on pc. You buy a game and it installs fully on your console. You can take out disc and play it when you want.
    The downside was that console had to be always online to play games.

I use steam on pc for at least 10 years now so I am used to it. Console gamers were not ready for it. Lots of backlash and Ms had to do oldschool way. Its a shame really.

I hate changing discs, so I am going fully digital. Its really annoying seeing Division for 9.99eu, Doom for 11.99eu in Argos. Prey is 14eu in Smyths too. I want those games, but discs suck specially when I cant stick to one game. I like to play games in bursts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Oddly enough, recurring revenue, such as Xbox Live, Office 365, and this Games Pass, are more highly valued by stock markets and investors than one off purchases, even if more money could have been made through operating solely as one off purchases.

Apparently, revenue from a subscription model can be booked at the start of the year, boosting financials, etc. I don't pretend to understand why, I can barely budget for the week, but apparently, this is what the stock market wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Idea was with xbox one to be like steam on pc. You buy a game and it installs fully on your console. You can take out disc and play it when you want. The downside was that console had to be always online to play games.

Thanks for that!

Yes, I remember that and thought it was a terrible idea at the time.
    Not so much now, like you, I hate changing discs and have gone fully digital on my Xbox.
    Also, can't remember the last time I paid full price for a game.
    The idea of walking into a B&M and dropping 60 on a disc? Madness to me.

I think this is what MS is wising up to and, as Cat says above, I don't claim to have the foggiest, but I know companies these days are far more interested in subscriptions than sales.
    I suppose a steady flow is more appealing than sporadic income through the the year?

It also potentially elimates the 2nd market of which they get no cut of.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was one of the very few that had no problems with what MS envisioned back when the Xbox One was due to arrive. I had no idea what everyone was upset about.

One of the main reasons was trading in games was gone and they were all upset but I suppose back then there was no Christmas sales or weekly sales if buying direct off MS. Well I think so anyway afair they started on the Xbox One as I don't remember sales being on the 360.

But you still would have had to put the disc in to play surely? Same as back compat for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

If they didnt do disc theyd have been even further from ps, probably would have flopped imo. Forcing the cam thing was bad enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement