Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

HI All,
    My son (10yrs) has Xboxone. I have my account as a parent account and he has a sub account under this. This was working away fine until we bought fifa18, I bought this online. Also he now has roblox. Ive noticed that he can only play fifa 18 and roblox as me. Im not happy as this means that he has free access and im trying to keep him away from the wonders of GTA etc. I signed my account out today while he was at school and I just got a phone call telling me that he cant play fifa18 and roblox as him self..
    what am I doing wrong? Im trying to keep the parental controls as good as I can (for another few yrs anyway)
    Thanks for any help :)

HI All,
    My son (10yrs) has Xboxone. I have my account as a parent account and he has a sub account under this. This was working away fine until we bought fifa18, I bought this online. Also he now has roblox. Ive noticed that he can only play fifa 18 and roblox as me. Im not happy as this means that he has free access and im trying to keep him away from the wonders of GTA etc. I signed my account out today while he was at school and I just got a phone call telling me that he cant play fifa18 and roblox as him self..
    what am I doing wrong? Im trying to keep the parental controls as good as I can (for another few yrs anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

But you still would have had to put the disc in to play surely? Same as back compat for example.

Thats why it had to be always online, like steam. You would not need to swap discs.

Lisha wrote: »
    HI All,
    EA block online access for accounts under age of 13yrs, on some games but not all. I believe Fifa is one of the games they block. Nothing you can do about it short of setting up a new account and lying about his DOB.

He should be able to play roblox though. There is a setting you need to allow in the parental controls. Sorry I can't remember the exact permission but it is something like a permission to allow him to see other players content.

Edit: Fifa should work fine offline. If it's not then your problem is something else.

HI All,
    EA block online access for accounts under age of 13yrs, on some games but not all. I believe Fifa is one of the games they block. Nothing you can do about it short of setting up a new account and lying about his DOB.

He should be able to play roblox though. There is a setting you need to allow in the parental controls. Sorry I can't remember the exact permission but it is something like a permission to allow him to see other players content.
    THanks for that, I freely admit to being a bit dim but I'm finding this so hard. the parental controls are so arkward to use, I now understand why some parents hand the kids the xbox and walk away. I was letting him play fifa as me and I had told him to play everything else as himself. But I reckon he is mainly playing as me now. That makes sense re roblox, I have that shut down pretty tight so that explains that.
    I might see can I change his age to 13 :( . I guessing that he will lose any points etc that he earned as me.... I just turned on the xbox today and it would be very easy for him to find GTA  type content as me . It just freaks me out.
    THanks for your help

• Advertisement

re fifa and offline, I bought the fifa online and he is using coins/points . would he lose this by just playing offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

HI All,

Sounds like you may not have set the xbox as your primary console. Go to personalisation in the settings and set the console as your "home" machine.

THanks for that, I freely admit to being a bit dim but I'm finding this so hard. the parental controls are so arkward to use, I now understand why some parents hand the kids the xbox and walk away. I was letting him play fifa as me and I had told him to play everything else as himself. But I reckon he is mainly playing as me now. That makes sense re roblox, I have that shut down pretty tight so that explains that.
    I might see can I change his age to 13 :( . I guessing that he will lose any points etc that he earned as me.... I just turned on the xbox today and it would be very easy for him to find GTA  type content as me . It just freaks me out.
    THanks for your help

Yes he'll be starting the game afresh and will lose his progress and saves.

You could try unblocking everything in parental controls first and see if that works.

Im not joking I would gladly pay someone to look at this :( Every thing I do causes an issue down the line. Tha nks for your help :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are the games owned by your account or his? As sniper_samurai says, make sure the console is set as your home Xbox.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are the games owned by your account or his? As sniper_samurai says, make sure the console is set as your home Xbox.
    Ill check that re console as home when im at hom e later. I bought the games as me so he wouldn't have  my visa details. I just assumed the game would  be on the console not by the player. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was one of the very few that had no problems with what MS envisioned back when the Xbox One was due to arrive. I had no idea what everyone was upset about.

One of the main reasons was trading in games was gone and they were all upset but I suppose back then there was no Christmas sales or weekly sales if buying direct off MS. Well I think so anyway afair they started on the Xbox One as I don't remember sales being on the 360.

Me too, I thought it was great!
    Having a *cough*chipped*cough* 360, I was already fully digital on that, and thought that it coming to xbox one was great :)

As usual 12 year olds with twitter accounts ruin everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Anyone know the best PAYG deal with Vodafone?
    Currently on
    20 top up
    Free calls & texts to Vodafone mobiles
    Includes..
    250MB data
    & your €20 top up credit to spend
    To opt in text FREENET to 50222
    €30 top up
    Includes...
    100 free international minutes
    500MB data
    & your €30 top up credit to spend
    I wouldn't mind getting better data allowance while still being able to spend my credit on buygamecredit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

erkifino wrote: »
    Anyone know the best PAYG deal with Vodafone?
    Currently on
    20 top up
    Includes..
    250MB data
    & your €20 top up credit to spend
    To opt in text FREENET to 50222
    €30 top up
    Includes...
    100 free international minutes
    500MB data
    & your €30 top up credit to spend
    I wouldn't mind getting better data allowance while still being able to spend my credit on buygamecredit.

If you don't mind the poorer coverage on Three for €20 every 28 days you get.
    Unlimited calls to Three mobiles
    Unlimited data
    1000 texts
    5GB roaming data
    Keep your top up credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Far Cry 2 now b.c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If monster hunter isn't your thing, this is also out today,Its called 'Celeste' and Its getting rave reviews and certainly looks like it'll scratch that 'super meat boy' itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

What will this do for sales figures for these games? Does 1 sub = 1 sale?
    If 1 sub sticks around for five months or so, financially is the same the stack market loves the recurring revenue though. It leas to stickiness.

If MS would manage to tie up PUBG and have it in game pass, that would be a hell of a coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I read the headline of and article(never bothered to read the whole thing) where by a Austrian retailer are pissed about Xbox bypassing the retailer with new releases going to game pass so they have stopped selling consoles apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I read the headline of and article(never bothered to read the whole thing) where by a Austrian retailer are pissed about Xbox bypassing the retailer with new releases going to game pass so they have stopped selling consoles apparently.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face. They haven't completely bypassed the retailer either. People still want hardcopies. Either way someone will see value in flogging consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

26992196_2085743191682784_7378138491248208499_n.jpg?oh=b808eb49c78cdfefb58c3d171126ff47&oe=5AD920A8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone have an S purely for watching 4k content? What is the cheapest the S is going for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Have this reserved, wondering on what ye think of it, worth buying or are there better models to buy?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6871109.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an S purely for watching 4k content? What is the cheapest the S is going for now?

Not sure if it's the cheapest but it's €279.99 for the 1tb version with a bundle game(digital download) in gamestop. I think it will be hard to do much better than that in another bricks and mortar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone using them? Which one are you using?

Third party of First?

Keep toying with the idea that I need one , especially for quick chat with people that might not have a headset on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I just use the Smartglass App to be honest but I do have a mini wireless keyboard that has the USB in the back of the xbox which I rarely use too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The messaging system in regards to 'recent players' is a pile of turd, used to be great but now it's a mess. I thought it was a dodgy patch ages ago but obviously not. I messaged a guy earlier from recent players list and then went to message the next guy and the previous one had disappeared from the list lol, then he's back now. A shame, I enjoy messaging folk whether it be in victory or defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I have been looking for a way to play my xbox in my bedroom, I currently use my surface for streaming but it's small and not ideal. I was considering getting a TV but I don't really have too much space and may be leaving the country in a few months so was thinking about something smaller and saw these headsets and was wondering if anyone has used something like this with xbox? I know it won't work for actual VR because the xbox doesn't do that but I could use it in cinema mode to give the impression of a large screen. Does anyone have an opinion on using something like this with the xbox or recommend something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Im confused looking at that, does it just plug into the Xbox via HDMI? Can't see what the actual port is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

maximoose wrote: »
    Im confused looking at that, does it just plug into the Xbox via HDMI? Can't see what the actual port is
    Yeah it plugs in via HDMI, it is basically being the tv screen for the xbox, or at least that is the idea but I've never tried it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, when can we expect bigger sale on xbox store?
    So far these weekly sales are really crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement