Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,066 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys, when can we expect bigger sale on xbox store?
    So far these weekly sales are really crap.

They go through different themes but you'll see the same stuff coming up every few weeks.

Theres a Summer Sale and a Christmas sale anyway, maybe an Easter sale but I can't remember.

What are you looking for? Someone here might no where to pick it up cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Weekly sales aren't great... It's usually the 'special' sales that are somewhat okay.

The trick is to use your unused phone credit on buygamecredit and it feels like you're getting 'free' games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You may have noticed that a VR subforum has been added to the top of the forum, and other gaming related forums (PS, Nintendo, PC Gaming). It's not super relevant to Xbox, what with the current lack of support for it, but Microsoft are definitely making moves in this area on PC, what with their mixed reality push, so it's most likely only a matter of time until it's useful. It's also to make it more visible until it gets it's feet under it more.

Head on over, take a look around, say hello, kick the tires a bit. Take a look at their charter as well, just so you don't get banned for something that might be OK here.

EDIT: Thought that it was going into Nintendo too, perhaps not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam/status/960307768455499776

0 interest in this now, they're like 3 years too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sort of cautiously stoked for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I just use the Smartglass App to be honest but I do have a mini wireless keyboard that has the USB in the back of the xbox which I rarely use too

Smartglass app is one of my most used apps. Seriously handy for messaging mid game. I use it quite a bit to purchase games aswell.

Splinter Cell Conviction coming to b.c today.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam/status/960307768455499776

0 interest in this now, they're like 3 years too late.

Would I be right in saying that this game was released in "Preview" on PC 3/4 years ago and they never completed it?

Now they are bringing it to the console market in "Preview" as it is a new platform to gouge money out of players.

They will never finish this game. If they could not finish it on its platform of origin, what makes you think they will finish it for a console.

Don't waste your money or time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Splinter Cell Conviction coming to b.c today.

God I would love a new splinter cell game.

maximoose wrote: »

Would be amazing alright. Oh him I miss Sam Fisher's husky soft comforting tones :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

For me I can't play another Splinter Cell unless Sam Fisher is voiced by Michael Ironside. Its just not the same without him.

I see Eurosport finally have an app for Xbox and PS4, saves me having to move the chromecast between TV's when the main one is in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭webpal

Have been playing forza on and off since Christmas, got the disc with the new Xbox one s. Went to play it now and it says it needs to install updates. On the Queue page it's now saying installing

Disc: 44.87GB of 44.87GB
    Network : xxxMB of 34.31GB

Does this mean I have to install 34GBs before I can play the game? I can't waste 34GBs of my broadband allowance. What's the point in getting discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

webpal wrote: »
    Have been playing forza on and off since Christmas, got the disc with the new Xbox one s. Went to play it now and it says it needs to install updates. On the Queue page it's now saying installing

Disc: 44.87GB of 44.87GB
    Network : xxxMB of 34.31GB

Does this mean I have to install 34GBs before I can play the game? I can't waste 34GBs of my broadband allowance. What's the point in getting discs?

Yes you need to update it though I never tried it but if you pull the ethernet cable out or change the wifi password if using wifi and then just play from the disc.

webpal wrote: »
    What's the point in getting discs?

It's unfortunately the standard now. Gamers have accepted that games are buggy on release which we never should have. Now we have patch after patch as opposed to a game that works from the off.

On the other hand at least they fix bugs...

I've yet to play Quantum Break, I bought it on disc, 12gig update followed not long after by a 30+gig update that's been paused long term...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭webpal

Yes you need to update it though I never tried it but if you pull the ethernet cable out or change the wifi password if using wifi and then just play from the disc.
    Thanks tried it but can't play without the update. It's playing now after 1gb downloaded so far, so at least we can play. Probably take 4 weeks to download all cos the speed of my internet

Mafia II serious game. Played it multiple times, love it!

Anyone have Game Share working with Game Pass? Is it straight forward or do I need to do anything on the second console?

Should work the exact same - has been working fine for me

Thanks Maxi, will be setting it up on the 1st March for 7 months so just wanted to know if I needed to do anything on the brothers xbox for him to avail of the game pass.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the deal with Owlboy is?

Thought it was coming this month but seems to be switch only for now

I thought it was releasing on the 15th Feb on Xbox? Can't find anything to say it has been delayed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

From their twitter bio: "Owlboy, Now On Nintendo Switch! Xbox One/Playstation 4 - Release Date To Be Announced"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the subscriber needs to download the game via Game Pass first. Then the other person sharing needs to locate the game in the store and press install.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Fired up the xb1 there earlier after about a year and a half of it just sitting there weighing the shelf down. Jesus Christ I never remember the graphics being that bad. Have not played in an age and have been playing mostly on PC with a mediocre card 750Ti, Have not played any games recently on that either. Even the on screen text looked bad and that was always smooth from what I remember. The aliasing in some games is atrocious. Went down to 720p on display settings and it looked smoother slightly better than 1080.

Is it just me or has there been a drastic change to how graphics look on an xb1.

Edit: input was set to game changed it to PC and it's somewhat better for text. Always had it on game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Fired up the xb1 there earlier after about a year and a half of it just sitting there weighing the shelf down. Jesus Christ I never remember the graphics being that bad. Have not played in an age and have been playing mostly on PC with a mediocre card 750Ti, Have not played any games recently on that either. Even the on screen text looked bad and that was always smooth from what I remember. The aliasing in some games is atrocious. Went down to 720p on display settings and it looked smoother slightly better than 1080.

Is it just me or has there been a drastic change to how graphics look on an xb1.

Edit: input was set to game changed it to PC and it's somewhat better for text. Always had it on game though.

What size screen are you playing on?

I have never had ant issues with text on the original Xbox One on a 1080p 24" monitor. I also game on a 1440p 27" 144Hz Freesync monitor. Yes if you play the likes of Battlefield 4 on PC and then switch to the same game on the Xbox One there is a massive difference in draw distance and image quality alright.

But I never had any issues with palying Halo or GOW or other games. The image always looked fine and I play with higher settings than you on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

32" samsung LED 1080. Naming the input seems to have fixed it. Get the same thing with the pc hooked up have to name the input PC on list of sources for the pc to make text not jagged. The xbox preference for input must have changed at some point used to have to set it to Game for best image. Can only guess that something changed when it got the windows 10 support.

How worth it is that game subscription thing, $9.99 a month seems expensive. Do you keep games once the trial/month runs out or do you have to have an active subscription in order to play games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

32" samsung LED 1080. Naming the input seems to have fixed it. Get the same thing with the pc hooked up have to name the input PC on list of sources for the pc to make text not jagged. The xbox preference for input must have changed at some point used to have to set it to Game for best image. Can only guess that something changed when it got the windows 10 support.

How worth it is that game subscription thing, $9.99 a month seems expensive. Do you keep games once the trial/month runs out or do you have to have an active subscription in order to play games?

You can make a bit of a per-month saving on it, if you buy a six-month sub. Go to the Microsoft Store, look to buy Xbox Game Pass, select the "Buy as Gift option" and e-mail the sub to yourself as a code.

With this method, the six month sub comes out about €42 (instead of €59.94) - or about €7 per month instead of €10.

In fairness, Sea of Thieves day one was the game that pushed me over the edge on Game Pass.

You'll need a gold pass to play online btw.

• Advertisement

Yay :D :

KAOR8Ae.png?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement