Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I watch Netflix through the Xbox - Sometimes I listen using headphones through the controller. Im wondering can I use a 3.5mm splitter through the controller - would it be able to feed 2 sets of headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

GBX wrote: »
    I watch Netflix through the Xbox - Sometimes I listen using headphones through the controller. Im wondering can I use a 3.5mm splitter through the controller - would it be able to feed 2 sets of headphones?

yeah, I cant see why it wouldnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Quick question here. I bought an xbox one last November. It came with a digital copy of fifa 18. I downloaded the game on to the device. I am looking to sell on the xbox and am wondering if I can advertise fifa as going with it? Sorry lads, not tech savvy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

buyer95 wrote: »
    Quick question here. I bought an xbox one last November. It came with a digital copy of fifa 18. I downloaded the game on to the device. I am looking to sell on the xbox and am wondering if I can advertise fifa as going with it? Sorry lads, not tech savvy

The game is linked to your account not the console

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

buyer95 wrote: »

You will have to give them your profile which may not be a good thing if you have credit card attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Can you still do license transfer?

What's that? I never heard of anything like that on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What's that? I never heard of anything like that on Xbox.

Not sure. Haven't heard of it since 360 days

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I'd guess if you set the xbox to 'home' it should transfer your licences.

As far as I know when you buy a game you get 2 licences. One to your gamertag and one to your home xbox. This is what allows game sharing.

Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to game pass next month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Darkest Dungeon is FINALLY coming to Xbox One! If anyone hasn't played this game, I highly recommend getting it. Think turn based Dark Souls but with permadeath and you are on the right track. Dripping in atmosphere, delighted as my PC can barely run this game and I'm a console player mostly!

They've added an option for X enhanced BC games on to run at best performance or best graphics

https://majornelson.com/2018/02/27/new-enhanced-xbox-360-titles-and-feature-come-to-xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They've added an option for X enhanced BC games on to run at best performance or best graphics

https://majornelson.com/2018/02/27/new-enhanced-xbox-360-titles-and-feature-come-to-xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

And perhaps more importantly, added The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Forza Horizon, Fable Anniversary and Crackdown to the list of One X Enhanced games.

Crackdown has also gone BC, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Woo hoo!
    Crackdown :D

I love me some crack :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Saw your post and thought I'd go and buy Crackdown to give it another play through only to see that I already owned it so it's downloading now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

dor83 wrote: »
    Saw your post and thought I'd go and buy Crackdown to give it another play through only to see that I already owned it so it's downloading now.

Yeah, it was on Games with Gold a few years back.

https://twitter.com/Alcoholikaust/status/968590030313869312

I never actually got into the Witcher 2, might go back and play through it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, it was on Games with Gold a few years back.
    So was the Witcher 2 and Forza Horizon, so many of us might actually have them already.
    (Fable Anniversary is in Game Pass, too)

SNOW DAY!! :D

My friend works in Gamestop Waterford and said good few people ringing in looking for second hand consoles for the day that's in it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Live servers down at the minute :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GBX wrote: »
    Live servers down at the minute :/

Plus some peoples real names are being exposed without permission atm on their gamertags. Could be related, MS may have taken the servers down to fix the problem and minimize the damage caused by the data leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay lads, can you explain me this like I am 5.

I got my own xbox one x in bedroom with love and ea access.
    My daughter's xbox live ran out and I know I can use my account so she would have xbox live too.

Is it enough for me just just to log in to her xbox and leave my account there? I never play on her xbox.
    Or do I need to do that whole sharing thing that is talked about here? So I will need to log in to her her xbox and make it my home console?
    How it will change my console upstairs?

If I do this whole sharing, she wont be able to use my account to buy stuff or login to my account? I use 5 digit pin myself. Will she need my code to play on her own account on her own xbox?

Ninja edit. I just read this in Microsoft website.

"When you change home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new home Xbox. These device licenses will no longer be available on your old "home" Xbox."

Will this sharing mess up my own xbox upstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Once you set her console as your home console I think you can delete your profile from it if you want, I think that's what I did but it's so long ago that I'm not sure. You could also leave it there and have it require a password to login, that won't make any difference to her profile.

If you set her console as your home console then your console upstairs will have to be connected to the internet to play digital games, so if your internet goes down you can only play disc based games on yours.

dor83 wrote: »
    Once you set her console as your home console I think you can delete your profile from it if you want, I think that's what I did but it's so long ago that I'm not sure. You could also leave it there and have it require a password to login, that won't make any difference to her profile.

If you set her console as your home console then your console upstairs will have to be connected to the internet to play digital games, so if your internet goes down you can only play disc based games on yours.

I actually dont mind that I need internet connection, I am always oine amyway.

And if I set it up her console as home, it wont mess up my console in anyway? It wont just start deleting stuff etc? It wont start automatically downloading my games that I have installed on xbox one x on hers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I actually dont mind that I need internet connection, I am always oine amyway.

And if I set it up her console as home, it wont mess up my console in anyway? It wont just start deleting stuff etc? It wont start automatically downloading my games that I have installed on xbox one x on hers?

No, no and no, though future games purchased will be pushed to her console if automatic download is set on purchases from the Xbox website.

No, no and no, though future games purchased will be pushed to her console if automatic download is set on purchases from the Xbox website.

Okay, thanks. I will set it up on my next day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is Netflix working for anyone? I'm not on any beta or insider program but I'm constantly getting n w 2 5 error.

Working on other devices.

joe123 wrote: »
    Is Netflix working for anyone? I'm not on any beta or insider program but I'm constantly getting n w 2 5 error.

Working on other devices.

One of the Xbox team, Brad Rosetti, is looking into it, but no, you're not the only one right now.

No harm trying one of the fixes suggested: Delete the netflix app, then hard reboot the console (hold the power button down for about ten seconds), then download the app from the store again.

Two more backward compatible games:

Hitman : Blood Money and Lego Star Wars III

• Advertisement

I loved Hitman: Blood Money back when it first came out as it was one of the first stealth games I ever played and found it a nice change from running into buildings and shooting everything that moves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement