Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I loved Hitman: Blood Money back when it first came out as it was one of the first stealth games I ever played and found it a nice change from running into buildings and shooting everything that moves.

Wotz man the whole point of stealth is that you don't have to shoot everything. Morto for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wotz man the whole point of stealth is that you don't have to shoot everything. Morto for ye.

I think you need to re-read my post again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I think you need to re-read my post again. :pac:

Jump the gun there didn't I.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Crash Bandicoot Insane Trilogy no longer PS4 exclusive, coming to all platforms July 10th!

https://twitter.com/CrashBandicoot/status/971883269242392577

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's some great news. I never played any Crash Bandicoot games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I’m absolutely delighted about that. I read the rumours about it last summer, but had figured they were only rumours as nothing had materialised! I’ll definitely be buying that in release day!

Fortnite going cross platform PC, iOS, android, PS4....but NOT xbox:

https://m.windowscentral.com/fortnite-windows-pc-will-soon-pick-cross-play-ps4-phones-not-xbox

Seems Sony dead intent on never allowing xbox-Ps cross plat. What the matter Sony, you scared? :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fortnite going cross platform PC, iOS, android, PS4....but NOT xbox:

https://m.windowscentral.com/fortnite-windows-pc-will-soon-pick-cross-play-ps4-phones-not-xbox

Seems Sony dead intent on never allowing xbox-Ps cross plat. What the matter Sony, you scared? :-p

I love the Fortnite statement

“in partnership with our friends at Sony"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I couldn't care less about Fortnite, but man does it ever bum me out when corporations act this fcuking childishly.

Shame on you Sony :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about Fortnite, but man does it ever bum me out when corporations act this fcuking childishly.

Shame on you Sony :P

For a company that is so much "for the players" they are going a long way to go against the players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ibFoxer wrote: »
    For a company that is so much "for the players" they are going a long way to go against the players

A lot of that is no doubt coming from one of the Epic execs, Tim Sweeney, he seems to have some sort of vendetta against microsoft.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war

A lot of that is no doubt coming from one of the Epic execs, Tim Sweeney, he seems to have some sort of vendetta against microsoft.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war

It's pathetic. Microsoft should pull Windows from the cross plat. See how much fun PS players get out of cross play with android and iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Sony have Xbox flat on its back and they're not going to do anything that allows it to regain any kind of foothold. At this stage Microsoft should just go all in and remove the paywall for online gaming. That would really shake things up.

This is an obscure one, but I can't really find a home for it, so I'll ask here :)

Has anyone the following setup? Horizon stb, connected to xbox one console, connected to Sony android TV?

I ask, because that combination results in an audio lag when watching live TV through console.
    There is no audio lad on games, or app, just through the live TV.

Has anyone solved this issue, and can let me know what to do?
    I've had the issue on the one S and one X, but only with this telly. An older telly worked fine, with no audio sync issues.
    Going on about 2 years now, driving me mad :D

Thanks all :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    This is an obscure one, but I can't really find a home for it, so I'll ask here :)

Has anyone the following setup? Horizon stb, connected to xbox one console, connected to Sony android TV?

I ask, because that combination results in an audio lag when watching live TV through console.
    There is no audio lad on games, or app, just through the live TV.

Has anyone solved this issue, and can let me know what to do?
    I've had the issue on the one S and one X, but only with this telly. An older telly worked fine, with no audio sync issues.
    Going on about 2 years now, driving me mad :D

Thanks all :)

how do you know there is audio lag? Are you outputting the stb directly to a soundbar or something?

how do you know there is audio lag? Are you outputting the stb directly to a soundbar or something?

Perhaps I mean delay, and not lag!
    No, it's just coming through the TV speakers!

You can see lips moving, before the sound is output.
    The severity of the delay changes too. It goes from barely perceptible to glaringly obvious, the longer the xbox is on.

Taking the HDMI output of the stb out of the console and plugging direct into the TV, has no audio delay. So it rules out the TV and the stb as the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

From Major Nelson:
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition and Axel & Pixel coming to backwards compatibility today
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/973589915140313089

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Never played the first State of Decay (tbh I'm not sure I'd ever really even heard of it until they announced the sequel at e3 last year) but after watching some of the solo mission vids for State of Decay 2 put up yesterday I think I'll be giving it a go on gamepass when it comes out, looks quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

that looks fun alright ill give it a bash when i try the free pass

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

First one seemed grand, but I never got it because the demo didn't really sell it. It had really bad performance issues, and I'm not one to let framerate to affect me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The Verge has an article on Microsofts new Cloud Gaming division. Talks of a future "beyond consoles".

See it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

question about streaming on mixer:
    anyone know when streaming to mixer that it will plays your party audio? myself and a friend can not get it work. we both stream and the only audio the stream is picking is our own. I cannot figure it out.
    we both have the setting on the box that it will play partys audio and a message will pop up informing us that our audio will be broadcast on their stream but doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I think whoever has not started streaming needs to go into the party and there is an option you click there to allow your audio be included in the stream

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

cheers for that, will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So... PSN already started an Easter sale. Will xbox do something similar or we will just get gta 5 on sale again?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Anyone know?

I've Forza Horizon 3 downloaded. My friend picked up a bundle but his internet connection is woeful. If I save mine to an external hard drive, can he transfer it across and use his code to 'unlock' it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

erkifino wrote: »
    Anyone know?

I've Forza Horizon 3 downloaded. My friend picked up a bundle but his internet connection is woeful. If I save mine to an external hard drive, can he transfer it across and use his code to 'unlock' it?

Yes, it works. Once he enters in his code it will allow him to play it from the transfered file.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Yes, it works. Once he enters in his code it will allow him to play it from the transfered file.
    Thanks.

It makes sense but I just wanted to be sure.

unusual question - has anyone noticed lag in their party chat lately? was playing pubg with one of the lads the other night, and occasionally I could hear myself back through his headset, but it was a long delay - nearly 2 seconds I reckon, kind of like when you see some lad on the news dealing with the delay from the satellite. We're both in Ireland so I know thats not the issue, i found it very distracting, on longer sentences I'd end up interrupting myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

unusual question - has anyone noticed lag in their party chat lately? was playing pubg with one of the lads the other night, and occasionally I could hear myself back through his headset, but it was a long delay - nearly 2 seconds I reckon, kind of like when you see some lad on the news dealing with the delay from the satellite. We're both in Ireland so I know thats not the issue, i found it very distracting, on longer sentences I'd end up interrupting myself!

Out of interest, was it Foxer and/or Swamp you were playing with? I had this happen the other night but assumed it was one of the lads having the chat coming through the TV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement