Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Out of interest, was it Foxer and/or Swamp you were playing with? I had this happen the other night but assumed it was one of the lads having the chat coming through the TV.

Foxer actually :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Foxer actually :pac:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was just with Foxer as swamp joined us later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I am so confused at the minute regarding either getting a 4k monitor or 4k TV. With MS now supporting Freesync I am confused even more as there are no TV's that I know of that support it. I have been talking about getting a 4k Tv since before Christmas but I was holding out for a 4k HDR monitor but none seem to be coming. Why I am thinking about a monitor is smaller size and can also be used by my desktop. I do not game in a sitting room and a massive Tv would be crazy and I would also need to rearrange the room and get new stand etc.. which I would rather not get into.

Anyone know any HDMI Freesync monitors with HDR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Anyone know any HDMI Freesync monitors with HDR?

This thread might be of help to you

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057653402

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CoD4 Modern Warfare coming to b.c today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thought i'd post here as I think its a controller issue.

New headset mic isn't being detected via Xbox One S controller on either party or game chat. Mic is responsive on PC.

Has anyone had a similar issue with a fix?

What's the headset?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

HyperX Cloud Alpha's. Switched from wireless back to wired so i'm assuming nothing has changed and is just plug and play. I have the old adapter for the old controllers but no results. Controllers are updated firmware wise. I'm the alpha ring of preview but dont think theres any bugs on that end.

Do a hard reset on the console, it's fixed it for others on the internet apparently.

Hold down the power button, ten seconds or so, until the console turns off, then turn the console back on.

Also, just going through the very basics, is the mic muted on the cable? Is it pushed in all the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played 14 solid hours of Halo MCC yesterday with friends and several slabs. It was incredible fun and like being back in 2008, apart from the fact that I'm now absolutely crap, rarely got a positive k/d and have less hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I never looked forward to a game as much as MCC only for it to be so broken for months I never got to enjoy it

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I never looked forward to a game as much as MCC only for it to be so broken for months I never got to enjoy it

Can't wait until the new update comes out with all the promised fixes, it really looks like they're trying to get everything fixed the way it should have been back on release.

• Advertisement

I think it was the most disappointing release in my lifetime. I was devastated by how badly they screwed it up.

I hadn't played it since completing the H2 Anniversary campaign but last night four of us played the aforementioned 14 hours online (2 per console, same room) and there wasn't any bother with it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Can't wait until the new update comes out with all the promised fixes, it really looks like they're trying to get everything fixed the way it should have been back on release.

They didn't rule out a release on PC either. The game could have a massive second wind yet.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They didn't rule out a release on PC either. The game could have a massive second wind yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit Gamepass at the same time.

I think it was the most disappointing release in my lifetime. I was devastated by how badly they screwed it up.

I hadn't played it since completing the H2 Anniversary campaign but last night four of us played the aforementioned 14 hours online (2 per console, same room) and there wasn't any bother with it.

I think the biggest problem was how inconsistent it was, It worked perfectly for me, I played every game in the series, one after the other, including ODST, and they all worked grand, but other lads I know who had it were losing saves, hard crashing etc.

i only played online and it was unusable

are you telling me they're still trying to fix it?

thats pretty funny

I think the biggest problem was how inconsistent it was, It worked perfectly for me, I played every game in the series, one after the other, including ODST, and they all worked grand, but other lads I know who had it were losing saves, hard crashing etc.

I found single player campaigns were grand from day one, it was online that was a titanic cluster****.

It was so bad that it actually turned me off the Halo franchise.

thats pretty funny

Apparently they needed to wait until the most recent system update to do anything about it, something to do with needing more access to the APIs and an update to the XDK.

Possibly a load of bull, but at least they're going back and fixing/upgrading it. All the titles in 4k on my One X will be nice as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's been a big push from 343 the last couple of months, think they even started an "insiders" program just for the MCC

thats pretty funny

i can kinda see where they're coming from, its the one franchise that's synonymous with Xbox, so its in their interest to have it performing properly.

Also, with a Halo 6 announcement no doubt on the horizon, they dont want that announcement being drowned out with cries of 'what about the MCC?'

Its just funny that its still not fixed 4 years later! Worst release of a game ever ever EVER!

With the direction halo 5 went I feel like halo is getting away from me, I hated that new war mode, whatever it was. Disappointing cause it was my fave game all the way from 1, I even loved Halo 4 and not many people can say that :)

• Advertisement

Its just funny that its still not fixed 4 years later! Worst release of a game ever ever EVER!

With the direction halo 5 went I feel like halo is getting away from me, I hated that new war mode, whatever it was. Disappointing cause it was my fave game all the way from 1, I even loved Halo 4 and not many people can say that :)

warzone? yeah, it was very marmite to be fair, it had potential, but without a battlefield style 'spawn on teammate' it just made for a heap of running backwards and forwards. It was also pretty poorly balanced, once one team started to get the good vehicles and weapons it turned into a slaughter.

The arena mode itself though was/still is, some of the best fps action I've played on this gen of console, really high skill ceiling, and a level playing field for all.

They got it to the point that it wasn't a disaster, and then couldn't do anymore with it until recently, so patching a game with such a major upgrade four years after launch is something that should be celebrated.

Shouldn't have been released in that state, but still, at least they're fixing it.

I loved Halo 4, particularly after the few updates that sorted most of the launch issues. Was still playing it two years after launch.

Really like halo 5's standard 4v4 but Warzone never really clicked with me either.

New BC Xbox games are coming soon:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    Destroy All Humans
    MX Unleashed
    Full Spectrum Warrior

CatInABox wrote: »
    New BC Xbox games are coming soon:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    Destroy All Humans
    MX Unleashed
    Full Spectrum Warrior

Full spectrum warrior! loved that game, it was super difficult, but very rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My Scorpio Edition Xbox One X stopped loading all games and apps, I’d keep doing a full shutdown and one game would load and then it wouldn’t load anything after that unless I did a full shutdown again. Got it replaced with a regular Xbox One X but now after a month this one is doing the same thing. Any suggestions? Help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    My Scorpio Edition Xbox One X stopped loading all games and apps, I’d keep doing a full shutdown and one game would load and then it wouldn’t load anything after that unless I did a full shutdown again. Got it replaced with a regular Xbox One X but now after a month this one is doing the same thing. Any suggestions? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Is you console in a well ventilated area, with plenty of space on all sides?

Is you console in a well ventilated area, with plenty of space on all sides?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Are you using an external hdd? The X'x are very robust in terms of heat so i doubt that is the issue, more likely something connected with an external device (hdd, power board) or maybe your profile.

• Advertisement

Are you using an external hdd? The X'x are very robust in terms of heat so i doubt that is the issue, more likely something connected with an external device (hdd, power board) or maybe your profile.

I was wondering might it be a hdd issue. I’ll unplug it and see how it is with just internal games for a while. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement