Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I was wondering might it be a hdd issue. I’ll unplug it and see how it is with just internal games for a while. Thanks.

And the Xs have a much faster hard drive as well, so you won't see longer loading times by using the internal drive. Hope that's the problem, it'd be a nice easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CatInABox wrote: »
    And the Xs have a much faster hard drive as well, so you won't see longer loading times by using the internal drive. Hope that's the problem, it'd be a nice easy fix.

Yep, it’s working now with internal games, delighted! Is my external hdd knackered or should i just format it again? Games work fine from it after a full shutdown but just the once. Thanks folks for your help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yep, it’s working now with internal games, delighted! Is my external hdd knackered or should i just format it again? Games work fine from it after a full shutdown but just the once. Thanks folks for your help.

Well, try it in a different USB socket first, then format it, and if they don't work, then your drive is probably knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Since I got the X I just store games on the external HD and leave it disconnected and transfer games I play to the X's internal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rumour on Twitter of gold subscription privileges coming with Gamepass.

Pricing on that will be the deal breaker. for €100 I'd bite, but otherwise I'd be happy enough to get my live via the likes of cdkeys.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Coming from an Ad on the dash:

0mnc6j3e03r01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Well folks, picked up One S 1TB with that argos deal about a week ago so have FC5, F7 and PUBG. Just finished FC5 and dabbled a bit with Sea of Thieves on Game Pass but have no headset at the moment and was playing with randomers. Just looking for some recommendations in the back catalogue. I've had a PS4 more or less since launch but might have missed some games that are on Game Pass etc, I was looking for Halo games but they don't seem to be available, is the Master Chief Collection or whatever its called worth picking up? I see Gears 4 on gamepass, wasn't mad about those on the 360, is it more of the same? Thanks for any recommendations.

I'm also baffled by the interface, nothing make sense to me coming from PS4, Switch and PC. Can't seem to find anything easily, is this common or just a learning curve?

Well folks, picked up One S 1TB with that argos deal about a week ago so have FC5, F7 and PUBG. Just finished FC5 and dabbled a bit with Sea of Thieves on Game Pass but have no headset at the moment and was playing with randomers. Just looking for some recommendations in the back catalogue. I've had a PS4 more or less since launch but might have missed some games that are on Game Pass etc, I was looking for Halo games but they don't seem to be available, is the Master Chief Collection or whatever its called worth picking up? I see Gears 4 on gamepass, wasn't mad about those on the 360, is it more of the same? Thanks for any recommendations.

I'm also baffled by the interface, nothing make sense to me coming from PS4, Switch and PC. Can't seem to find anything easily, is this common or just a learning curve?

Sunset Overdrive - go play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Halo 5 is on game pass

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xbox ui was always a mess. Bought xbox one nearly at launch time and it was a mess, then it was dust collector for years. Bought xbox one x in January and it took me ages to get the grip with it. I am not even commenting on its laginess.
    I still like ps4 dash a lot more. Its simplistic, but works very well.

As for games, its hard to say. We don't know what you played on ps4 already. Since I got back in to xbox, I personally played games I stayed away from. Witcher 3, Doom, Division, Battlefield 1. Current choice of drug is Monster Hunter and I can't recommend it enough. My favourite one in franchise so far.
    If you do like racing games, then xbox is the place to play. Forza horizon 3 and Forza 7 are really good. Way better then GT series.

• Advertisement

Announced on Inside Xbox last night:

More Original Xbox Games Coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility

Man, I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into Conker again. :D

Gears of War 2, Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and Sonic Generations are now Xbox One X Enhanced,

Major Surprise in Red Dead, thats a great thing to have ahead of part 2 coming late this year.

Announced on Inside Xbox last night:

More Original Xbox Games Coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility

Man, I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into Conker again. :D

Hunter: the reckoning!

I forgot that game existed, class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I dont think this has been posted anywhere but for anyone who is interested in giving PUBG a go, it will be available for a free play weekend starting on Thursday next:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/10/pubg-free-play-days-weekend-april-19-22/

Red Dead got a One X patch today. Damn that heat shimmer looks nice.

Difference between performance and graphics mode is unreal.

Red Dead got a One X patch today. Damn that heat shimmer looks nice.

Difference between performance and graphics mode is unreal.

I didn't realise there was an option - is it 60fps in performance mode?

I didn't realise there was an option - is it 60fps in performance mode?

It's an option within the guide when you have a BC game open

Think I'll revisit RDR and play Undead Nightmare now

No not 60fps in either mode to my eyes at least. Looks more a nice steady 30.

Theres an option in the 360 guide if you scroll right called "Xbox One X settings"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Delighted I still have to fully play RDR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I thought RDR looked great "back compat".
    Can't wait to see it "enhanced".

The MP is still going for the game, 8 years later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I thought RDR looked great "back compat".
    Can't wait to see it "enhanced".

The MP is still going for the game, 8 years later :)
    Agree, it looked great with just the standard Back Compat (16xMSAA) but with the 4K it's stunning.

Wonder do you get any advantage in MP on the One X, or is it still rife with hackers?

Comparison of RdR on 360 and One X,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Any recommendations for a 27” monitor for my launch day One?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but I'd like to find a place online within the maze of Microsoft's website where I can see all the games tied to my Xbox 360 account.

Basically games with gold games and also purchased games.

Currently I can only find a purchase list, that even when set to *All historic purchases* only shows around a quarter of the games I bought, if even that.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but I'd like to find a place online within the maze of Microsoft's website where I can see all the games tied to my Xbox 360 account.

Currently I can only find a purchase list, that even when set to *All historic purchases* only shows around a quarter of the games I bought, if even that.

Are you looking at the purchase history at https://account.microsoft.com/account? That's probably the only one, don't think I know of any other.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Are you looking at the purchase history at https://account.microsoft.com/account? That's probably the only one, don't think I know of any other.

Xbox Purchase History might work even better. You can filter by full game, Arcade game etc.

The list is "dynamic", in the sense that you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the list in order for it to load the next set of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Xbox Purchase History might work even better. You can filter by full game, Arcade game etc.

The list is "dynamic", in the sense that you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the list in order for it to load the next set of games.

Thank you sir, that is exactly what I was looking for.

That's actually a really good list, it even shows what videos I watched on Xbox Live. I don't even remember Xbox live HAVING videos. Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Huh, the very first thing I ever downloaded

Saint's Row Demo Game Demo 26/11/2006

Was a massive fan of GTA then and think my friend had told me it was like GTA :pac:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Huh, the very first thing I ever downloaded

Saint's Row Demo Game Demo 26/11/2006

Was a massive fan of GTA then and think my friend had told me it was like GTA :pac:

mine was the dead rising demo - 14/9/2006!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mine was
    EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Round 3 Demo Game Demo 1/7/2006

Would probably have been earlier than that only broadband wasn't available in my area at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement