Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

AN audioslave video was mine from the looks of it in Jan 2006, from the length of the list I've spent thousands in the last 12 years on games and thats just digital not discs I've bought and traded in over the years.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Halo 3 Heroic map pack for me. Think it was when it was bundled with ODST.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mine was Scarface Theme Pack 20/04/2007 back when we had themes on the dashboard. I can't believe that is tomorrow 11 years ago.

I also see I bought in game money twice 27/04/2007 but cannot see what game it was for as the link is dead. I bought 100K and 250k worth of in game money.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Mine was the Penny Arcade Ultraskin followed by some of the Oblivion DLC including the infamous Horse Armour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Xbox Purchase History might work even better. You can filter by full game, Arcade game etc.

The list is "dynamic", in the sense that you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the list in order for it to load the next set of games.

That’s a brilliant link, nice one. Prey demo was my first, I loved that game.

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    That’s a brilliant link, nice one. Prey demo was my first, I loved that game.

That was a good game I should really pick up the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Quake 4 Demo 26/04/2006 I dont even remember it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Joust / Bejeweled 2 / Zuma trials on the 29/01/06

My first downloads, all in September 2007:
    • Getting’ Busy Bonus Pack (Crackdown DLC)
    • Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
    • Zuma

What's interesting is Geometry Wars and Zuma were 14.86MB and 26.32MB respectively. Crazy small by today's standards!

I remember it was a big deal when Microsoft increased the XBLA file size cap from 50MB to 150MB, then later to 350MB.

How times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

My first downloads, all in September 2007

What's interesting is Geometry Wars and Zuma were 14.86MB and 26.32MB respectively. Crazy small by today's standards!

I remember it was a big deal when Microsoft increased the XBLA file size cap from 50MB to 150MB, then later to 350MB.

How times have changed.

Did you have a 26.8kbps line? Probably took all day to download. 350MB was probably the stuff of science fiction. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Haha, I started a weird thing by looking for this information.

I was just a bit mystified that my Xbox purchase history of all time showed like 4 things, and I knew it was at least a little more than that.

According to that list, only counting Xbox and Xbox arcade games, the total number I own is 76(!!!), so I dunno what crack the purchase list is smoking.

When I bought my 360, it was the special edition red Capcom one, so my first two downloads were the things that came free with that:

RE5 Kijuju Theme (Premium)
    StreetFighter 2 ST HD

After that it's a buttload of demos and so very many Rockband DLC songs, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hmm. After that I was looking at all the XBO games tied to my account. Looking at 'My Games' on xbox.com, it doesn't seem to show games that were redeemed from codes bought elsewhere which is a bit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

Texas Hold'em on the 28/12/2006 was the first game I downloaded. Spent many nights siting down. chatting with strangers over a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Lots of us have stuff from 2006. Was there a price drop that year? I do seem to recall Tesco had dropped the price on them by a good bit, that's where I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hurrache wrote: »
    Lots of us have stuff from 2006. Was there a price drop that year? I do seem to recall Tesco had dropped the price on them by a good bit, that's where I got mine.

The service launched in november 2005, we were probably all too busy playing COD 2 to be browsing the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I was originally holding out for the PS3, having a PS2 and all but then it got a big setback not releasing for another good few months in Europe which pissed me off. That along with Gears of War "Mad World" trailer which made me REALLY want one. I ended up spontaneously buying one that day. Never looked back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Aliens Vs Predator Multiplayer Demo 2010.........Jasus :eek:

Got to love all those God of War streams that have popped up on the mixer tab on the dash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Blazing Angels Demo Game Demo 30/07/2006
    MotoGP'06 Demo Game Demo 30/07/2006

Those are the first game related downloads I had. Aside from that, the first 5-10 things I downloaded were adidas themes and gamerpics, cos they were class. Ha ha ha.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems they're bringing in the ability to sync your Xbox account with Discord: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/24/microsoft-discord-team-connect-gamers-across-xbox-live-discord/

Hopefully this means an actual Discord App on Xbox might happen in the future. Considering all the exclusives will be on PC now too it would make a lot of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Picked up Red Dead Redemption the other day in Argos for €15.

Have Xbox one connected to 5.1 surround system.

When playing game the dialogue in cut scenes is not playing at all. It's as if it's not coming through the centre speaker channel.
    Checked xbox and in game settings and all is correct. Do not have this issue with any other games.

Cannot work this out at all, anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Can anyone recommend a good monitor for my launch Xbox One?

Just looking at PC World, loads of options. No idea what to get though.

24" or 27" would be great. Some are around €220.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I haven't bought a 2nd hand disc game yet. But if I was to buy a disc copy in CEX say for the XB1, it should work fine without issue yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GBX wrote: »
    I haven't bought a 2nd hand disc game yet. But if I was to buy a disc copy in CEX say for the XB1, it should work fine without issue yeah?

No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just setup a new profile. My tag is: keithinho18 if anyone wants to add me. I'll do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Now that's quick:cool::cool:.....double checked it a few times and got 1035 1020 and 925 mb/s

I have Eir's 1 Gbs and did it on my Xbox One X, got no where near this down load speed before. Obviously must be a glitch in their servers

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Saints Row 2 coming to BC today.

One of my favourite 360 games!

Just started Watchdogs 2 after having it in my backlog for ages. Good game but the graphics are not great at all on my One X and making me wish i got it on PC instead but another annoying thing I'm only at the beginning but I am at the mission where you free some cop in one location and then hack some files down the road. So I freed the cop and headed to the other location and died and had to start from the beginning again, what's that about you would think there would be an auto save after freeing the cop unless I'm missing something and you have to do it manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Question...

Can I "pass through" my 360 through the One S without have the S powered on?

nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Question...

Can I "pass through" my 360 through the One S without having the S powered on?
    No, HDMI Passthrough does not happen if the Xbox One (any model) is off.

Also, with it passed through the One S you might experience input lag / latency that would impact gameplay.
    Best not to try pass another console through. .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement