Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

Also, with it passed through the One S you might experience input lag / latency that would impact gameplay. Best not to try pass another console through. .

Just wondering what's the benefit in using this function?

Donutz wrote: »
    Just wondering what's the benefit in using this function?
    Skip to 10 seconds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Skip to 10 seconds.

Ah, Don Mattrick. Ineptitude personified.

Wonder what he's up to since he "amicably" departed Zygna.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmm..... XCOM 2 is free to play for the weekend, started already. What a game. I'd recommend it to anyone.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/992071349244870657

Dragon Age 2 is BC now. A great game, I can see why it got criticised though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/992071349244870657

Dragon Age 2 is BC now. A great game, I can see why it got criticised though.

Good, but extremely rushed and it shows with how much assets are recycled throughout the game especially non story dungeons.

It was crazy a lot of the dungeons were just the same one from earlier only in reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It was crazy a lot of the dungeons were just the same one from earlier only in reverse.

Making me nostalgic for destiny one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Can an xBox One X or xBox One S purchased in Ireland be modified to <MOD SNIP>

Can an xBox One X or xBox One S purchased in Ireland be modified to <MOD SNIP>

Sorry Spon Farmer, this sort of stuff is banned by the charter.

• Advertisement

Sorry Spon Farmer, this sort of stuff is banned by the charter.

My apologies. I should have know that.:o

I posted the same question about PS4 over in the Playstation area. I'm assuming a mod will have snip that too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Unlike in the case of DVD releases, Blu-ray discs that play in regions A, B, and C are common. Blu-ray does not enforce region coding at the drive level. There are generally no restrictions on reading the data off of the disc even if the player and drive do not have matching regions.

Mods I hope that info is ok and not against the charter, if it is, sorry, snip away

Unlike in the case of DVD releases, Blu-ray discs that play in regions A, B, and C are common. Blu-ray does not enforce region coding at the drive level. There are generally no restrictions on reading the data off of the disc even if the player and drive do not have matching regions.

Mods I hope that info is ok and not against the charter, if it is, sorry, snip away

Ah, this is fine. Post all you want about region restrictions and how blatantly anti-consumer it is, but the problem is getting around those restrictions.

I have notice that great many blu-ray movies and TV shows are indeed region free even if the packaging specifies a region.

There are a few (mainly boxsets) of interest to me that are definitely region locked though.

Thank you for the information though. ;)

I have notice that great many blu-ray movies and TV shows are indeed region free even if the packaging specifies a region.

There are a few (mainly boxsets) of interest to me that are definitely region locked though.

Thank you for the information though. ;)

All Warner Bros bds are region free. Tbh, you don't need a region free bd player unless you are after non mainstream titles.

I have a multi region player myself, a Toshiba bdx1200k, but I buy a lot of anime which only about 50% of the US releases come out over here.

Anyone know if there is anyway to password protect account while also allowing games to be shared on a non Home box?

I have 2 Xboxes in the house, on the one that is not home box I have it setup so that my account signs in automatically so that kids can play their games (All games are bought on my account). Has worked well until now they have discovered how easily they can bypass parental controls simply by switching to my profile.

I have purchases locked, but it's all the other controls they can bypass like chatting on mixer, screen time, age restriction etc.

All Warner Bros bds are region free. Tbh, you don't need a region free bd player unless you are after non mainstream titles.

I have a multi region player myself, a Toshiba bdx1200k, but I buy a lot of anime which only about 50% of the US releases come out over here.

Non-mainstream is one of the reasons why I was asking about a multi region player.

I have an AppleTV and I much prefer this to having discs but I there are movies that iTunes doesn't have or is missing extras (proper behind the scenes stuff). There are also some TV shows with with really good extras that would have to be imported.

I was just hoping it was possible to have an xBox/Playstation and not need a separate blu-ray player.

If it isn't possible, I'll have to choose between a console and a player.

Anyway since the question can't be answered I guess this is all off topic so best left there.

Thank you to all for the input.;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know if there is anyway to password protect account while also allowing games to be shared on a non Home box?

I have 2 Xboxes in the house, on the one that is not home box I have it setup so that my account signs in automatically so that kids can play their games (All games are bought on my account). Has worked well until now they have discovered how easily they can bypass parental controls simply by switching to my profile.

I have purchases locked, but it's all the other controls they can bypass like chatting on mixer, screen time, age restriction etc.

Why not make the one the kids use the Home Xbox?

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeah, set the kids Xbox to be the home Xbox, then delete your account from it. They'll have access to the games, but not your account.

Yeah, set the kids Xbox to be the home Xbox, then delete your account from it. They'll have access to the games, but not your account.

Or change the security setting on your account so it requires the password to be entered every time upon log in.

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right, daddy's xbox one x is going to have to become out of bounds and then start buying their games on discs going forward.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah you're right, daddy's xbox one x is going to have to become out of bounds and then start buying their games on discs going forward.

Sorry I don't follow. If you make their one the home Xbox for your account they get access to all your games and subscriptions without your account needing to be logged in, then you can play away on your account on the other Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I'm relatively new to xbox one and this is my first time downloading a game (Gears of war 4, the code came free with the box) It has now been 36 hours and it's at 48%. I always thought my my internet was decent enough, no problem watching films etc. Is Gears of war 4 a particularly big download or is this what I have to look forward to in the future if I want to downlod games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yester wrote: »
    I'm relatively new to xbox one and this is my first time downloading a game (Gears of war 4, the code came free with the box) It has now been 36 hours and it's at 48%. I always thought my my internet was decent enough, no problem watching films etc. Is Gears of war 4 a particularly big download or is this what I have to look forward to in the future if I want to downlod games?

Gears is a big download, but pause the download, then try restarting your router and hard resetting the console - plug it out of the wall for a minute or two. The Download should resume

Gears is a big download, but pause the download, then try restarting your router and hard resetting the console - plug it out of the wall for a minute or two. The Download should resume

It is still downloading just really slow. Have you played it? I saw the intro and I'm kinda excited about it. Is it good. Tell me it's worth the wait?

Sorry I don't follow. If you make their one the home Xbox for your account they get access to all your games and subscriptions without your account needing to be logged in, then you can play away on your account on the other Xbox.
    Yeah I was looking for a way to do that on two xboxes because they would normally play on both. Not possible though except logging my account on automatically or by using discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

It is still downloading just really slow. Have you played it? I saw the intro and I'm kinda excited about it. Is it good. Tell me it's worth the wait?

ONe of my favourite series, think it's the only one I finished all 4 games
    Hard at times but worth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gears is great. If you have the opportunity to play the first 3, I'd highly recommend it

I have played a couple of gears before so I am playing on hardcore "the way it's meant to be played"lol. Still on the first act but I am finding it nicley challenging.

• Advertisement

I completed it on Insane I think, it's a good challenge. There are a few hair-pullingly difficult spots in it though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement