Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

Mixpot stuff:

Outer Wilds Full Game Pre-Order

Gears of War 4 Microsoft Studios Skin

TERA E3 2018 Bundle

Halo 5 Classic Helmet REQ Pack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gmg678 wrote: »
    So now the dust has settled, what did everyone think of the presentation?

TBH, 2019 is going to be an expensive year, regardless of how many games that were first party exclusive, there were a lot of day 1 purchases there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

gmg678 wrote: »
    So now the dust has settled, what did everyone think of the presentation?

Delighted with new Forza Horizon in October - didn't expect it this year and free on gamepass is just the best.

New Halo - I'll wait til we know more. 5 was just ok IMO, new engine and the talk of going back to original style sounds interesting.

Gears 5 looks great.

Cuphead DLC - awesome. Must go back and try to finish main game.

Ori - just give it to me.

As for the other stuff they showed, Dying Light 2 stuck out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

7pmfhio6ic311.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

maximoose wrote: »
    Delighted with new Forza Horizon in October - didn't expect it this year and free on gamepass is just the best.

Forza Horizon kicks ass :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I am still kicking myself I don't get "we happy few" when it first went into preview when it was dirt cheap compare to now.
    I am hoping that Below does release this year.
    all in all I thought that the presentation was good and that it was just game after game.
    Xbox will be a force to be reckoned with in 2020.
    I am wondering will Sony have anything up their sleeve for tonight or will it just more in-depth of what they have already shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Think this was mentioned somewhere already too but, they're finally releasing a 360 style wireless chat headset.

qegdCT7.jpg?1

Was officially announced at the Xbox Fan Fest. Will probably talk more about it at Inside Xbox
    Dfa4JuFU8AA0WEW.jpg

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-360-wireless-headset-xbox-one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Inside Xbox is starting up now, should be a couple of more minor announcements at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Any info on Halo MCC update and / coming to game pass? Would be great if it was properly playable - I’m sentimental about it, all these modern FPS with their added nonsense just don’t do it for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Any info on Halo MCC update and / coming to game pass? Would be great if it was properly playable - I’m sentimental about it, all these modern FPS with their added nonsense just don’t do it for me

Later this year on both. 343 been keeping everyone pretty up to date on their development through their blog, including highlighting some humdinger bugs that were missed or caused the last time around, so they're fixing stuff like
    99% of Elites don’t dual wield in Halo 2: Anniversary because the AI data was changed without regard to how the AI code uses that data.

and
    More recently, I committed a set of changes that I had shelved a few months ago with fixing issues with the 30->60Hz game tick change in the H2 engine that date back to H2 Vista. Namely, weapon firing rates being off. If you play H2V or MCC today and shoot the Carbine, it is a very, very different beast than in legacy H2. Well, if all goes well, the next MCC update will include these fixes. We’re going to further vet the changes in Flight 2.0 as of right now

You can see more here. In fairness to them, there's a considerable amount of openness on the development, and they're promising to be even more open about it.

As to when the update gets released, I don't think that it's been narrowed down more than later this year. It'll hit Gamepass at roughly the same time, no point putting it on Gamepass with the fixes, it'd just cause all the same issues as the first time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

most disappointing game release of all time #neverforget

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I'd say they announce and release it around Gamescom in the end of August based on them saying later this year instead of coming soon. Hopefully the game will get a good new lease of life when it drops fully updated on gamepass.

Microsofts product plan for the next few years has leaked, including three new surface devices (a cheap one, a new pro, and a dual screen notebook style one), an updated Hololens, and, more relevantly for us, the new Xbox devices, codenamed "Scarlett".

Meant to be launching in 2020, it's a family of devices, but nothing else is known about it really. Could be going down the route of an S and X again, but more likely they'll have a powerful console and a streaming device, just going from Phil Spencers mention of their in development streaming platform.

Apparently it leaked from the Windows group, which underwent a restructuring when it's head left, so the plans may have changed already, but I'd say the Xbox stuff is pretty dead on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So Gears 5 is actually going to be a semi open world game and the part with the ice skiff isn't just a vehicle section like we had in previous games but an actual way to navigate around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So Gears 5 is actually going to be a semi open world game and the part with the ice skiff isn't just a vehicle section like we had in previous games but an actual way to navigate around the world.

I'll be the first to admit that I didnt like the look of gears 4 when I saw previews of it, but was happily proven wrong. The above isnt what we're used to, and its no harm to shake up the formula a little.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll be the first to admit that I didnt like the look of gears 4 when I saw previews of it, but was happily proven wrong. The above isnt what we're used to, and its no harm to shake up the formula a little.

Yeah maybe they're taking a leaf out of God of War's book in that respect which is no bad thing. I really liked gears 4 too, but it was fairly similar to the first 3 (never played Judgement)

I agree, good to change thinks up a bit. Loved Gears 4 but that was because I haven't played it in years. I would have zero interest in Gear 4 Part II.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Microsofts product plan for the next few years has leaked, including three new surface devices (a cheap one, a new pro, and a dual screen notebook style one), an updated Hololens, and, more relevantly for us, the new Xbox devices, codenamed "Scarlett".

Meant to be launching in 2020, it's a family of devices, but nothing else is known about it really. Could be going down the route of an S and X again, but more likely they'll have a powerful console and a streaming device, just going from Phil Spencers mention of their in development streaming platform.

Apparently it leaked from the Windows group, which underwent a restructuring when it's head left, so the plans may have changed already, but I'd say the Xbox stuff is pretty dead on.

I wonder will they end support (or give developers the option not to support) for Vanilla One and One S? They will have to still support the X (I mean for the whole generation, not just the initial transition stage) otherwise this would be a bad move imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I wonder will they end support (or give developers the option not to support) for Vanilla One and One S? They will have to still support the X (I mean for the whole generation, not just the initial transition stage) otherwise this would be a bad move imo.

They 100% won't do that. Their whole philosophy is making all xbox games playable from now on. From making OG Xbox and 360 games playable on the X (some even in 4K). It'll be the same idea as a current gen game on an S or X. In two years time, you'll play on medium graphics (S) or on high (X). When the next generation comes, it'll be the same game on ultra.

pcadhain wrote: »
    They 100% won't do that. Their whole philosophy is making all xbox games playable from now on. From making OG Xbox and 360 games playable on the X (some even in 4K). It'll be the same idea as a current gen game on an S or X. In two years time, you'll play on medium graphics (S) or on high (X). When the next generation comes, it'll be the same game on ultra.
    Makes sense the other way, i.e. back compat, but going forwards at some point it has to become a hinderance in the same way a low spec PC does for PC games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Anyone have any idea how long it usually takes a refund to come through from MSFT/Xbox?

I received an automated email confirming the refund on Monday but nothing has shown up on my bank account yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone have any idea how long it usually takes a refund to come through from MSFT/Xbox?

I received an automated email confirming the refund on Monday but nothing has shown up on my bank account yet.

At a guess, from having plenty of refunds sent to my card over the years, you may be talking about tomorrow afternoon/ Friday morning. Latest would be Monday.

It's a 5 business day turnaround maximum! :)

Was the game "Outer Wilds" one of the mixer E3 rewards? Popped up in my library...

Yup.

Not in mine, but if you check order history at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders it might be there. It is for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

3-5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Bought an Xbox One X yesterday, have a ps4 pro, but decided I will use the ps4 for sony games and xbox for multi, the controller on xbox is miles better and I also notice a better picture quality, wanted to play halo and gears so thats another reason for buying xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Bought an Xbox One X yesterday, have a ps4 pro, but decided I will use the ps4 for sony games and xbox for multi, the controller on xbox is miles better and I also notice a better picture quality, wanted to play halo and gears so thats another reason for buying xbox.

Hope you enjoy your new Xbox. If you're interested in Gears and Halo, then may I suggest Game Pass. All the Gears games are in there, as is Halo 5. The rest of the Halo games (1-4) will be going in there by the end of the year.

You get 14 days free with your new Xbox and sometimes you can get great deals. There's another thread here whee it is just €28 for six months (which can be stacked).

They did a gameplay demo of Ashen on IGN last night: http://ie.ign.com/videos/2018/06/14/ashen-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2018

Really like the look of it, definitely a Dark Souls influence. For all the talk about lack of exclusives it's easy for this kind of thing to get overlooked just because it's an indie game. It is taking its sweet time to come out though.

I'd forgot about that one, sure does look good. 2018 release date at the moment.

Just finished Dark Souls remastered so my appetite is wet for more of the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

BDJW wrote: »
    I wish they would make the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection backwards compatible :mad:

Well I realised today why they never made the Sega Mega Drive collection from the 360 backwards compatiable on the One.....they released a new version of it a couple of weeks ago on the One and PS4!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement