Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'd hold out, to be honest. The current ones are great, but do eventually suffer from the rubber grips peeling off. Quite disappointing, but I'd assume that they'll correct that for the next version.

God I hope so, i loved that controller but was so disappointed with the replacements and continual problems with grips.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If we are still talking about demice of xbox I might as well throw me 2p in to the bucket.

Got launch xbox years ago and only played very little of it. Had launch ps4 too ( still have it ), but barely played that too. Just have a habit of getting all available consoles in generation. Always played pc 95% of the time.
    Now I have family, full time job with 12h shifts and 2h drive per day. So a lot less time to play.
    Thankfully I can play when my whole household goes to sleep and thats where my xbox one x saved me. Just playing away in bed while misses and ratty snoring away.
    Got it since January and haven't played on pc or switch since. Ps4 is not even connected anymore, sitting somewhere in my nerdcave next to my pc. As I said before, I just love xbox one x as its finally has power closer to pc. I am not compromising playing console games. Microsoft gave us a product that was not there. Its not for everyone, but there are people like me and I am happy someone catered to our needs.
    My ratty plays Fortnite on xbox one s and its a day and night difference compared to my one x, even when it was connected to 1080p TV. The improvement is massive and very noticeable.
    Does normal xbox and ps4 even has 60fps mode in Monster Hunter?

As someone mentioned already, exclusive games only worth as much as the interest you have in them.
    The only exclusive I like on xbox is Forza series. On ps4 I already played Bloodborne and all Uncharted games, accept last one. Even then they are like summer movies. Play it once and thats it. I am done. Played a bit of last of us, but never finished it. Its okay, but not rushed to play it again etc.
    No interest in God of war or Spider-Man. So meh.
    In the end I play multiplatform games and X does them best, and noticeably best.
    Really don't care that there are no much exclusive games right now, but again, as mentioned already, its not like MS didn't try! A good list of them was posted here. Unfortunately gamers decided that Halo and GoW is the thing they want and MS did that. Now gamers not happy, because there are not others games. Its like MS can't please gamers no matter what.

In the end, I like MS being behind this gen. They are really got their arse in gear and making really good moves with game pass, xbox one x, cross play etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In the end, I like MS being behind this gen. They are really got their arse in gear and making really good moves with game pass, xbox one x, cross play etc.

Yes, this is so true. Microsoft may have "lost" this generation, but man, has the consumer won. Competition is great.

Would we have gotten such consumer friendly features if it was a closer race? I don't think so.

With a new generation Xbox already on the horizon I've completely abandoned any notion of buying an X. I'll buy a base model PS4 at some point and begin working my way through its back catalogue, though. Gotta admit that Spidey game has me intrigued as well. Sadly, there has been no potential killer app for the XB1.
    It's a mid gen upgrade, not for everyone. you could lock into the mid gen cycle and skip the first of the next gen. Similar to new car models getting released every 6 years with a mid gen face lift model every 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I would say the next generation of consoles is at least 18 months away, still lots of life left in this generation... Red Dead 2, Battlefield, etc coming out in the next 6 months and will all look and play better on Xbox X,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Avatars are out now in the Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead ring.

See here.

Avatars are out now in the Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead ring.

See here.

Had a play around with this last night, the customisation options are pretty extensive. Still don't massively see the point of avatars myself, but it'll be good for some people.

Had a play around with this last night, the customisation options are pretty extensive. Still don't massively see the point of avatars myself, but it'll be good for some people.

Did you happen to notice could you still use the items you might have paid for or unlocked?

Did you happen to notice could you still use the items you might have paid for or unlocked?

I don't think I ever paid any attention to it the first time around, so I'm not sure I'd know which is which. In saying that, I didn't see my Ninja Cat avatar thingy that they gave out a while back, so I'd say no for now. Maybe they're planning on adding them back in over time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I haven't been able play Fifa in the last 2 weeks , it's just kicks me back to the home scree every time I launch the game, any ideas why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Nah, MS have said before that the new avatars will not be compatible with the old ones. If you want to use all tee stuff you bought or won before the old school avatars will still be available.

Is anyone still playing Rock Band 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is anyone still playing Rock Band 4?

Infrequently. Don't have the room for drums anymore so I tend to stick to vocals.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1011640363788861440

Sensible World of Soccer, GRID Autosport, and Fable Heroes are going BC today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1011640363788861440

Sensible World of Soccer, GRID Autosport, and Fable Heroes are going BC today.

SWOS is 9.50 on the store at the moment. Think I will have to invest! I used to play it a lot on the Amiga. I also have one of the other versions of it on the SNES. Does anybody know if it's possible to play it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to playing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I can't wait for it, love the Horizon series. Everything I want from a racing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So the right bumper button finally gave out on me elite controller after just over two years. I had the 3yr replacement in argos and they had one in stock today. Went and replaced it no hassle, I also picked up the warranty on the new one aswell.(€44)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Is there a media player on xbone that remembers your video position when you log off?

Cause the stock one and VLC don't

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Is there a media player on xbone that remembers your video position when you log off?

Cause the stock one and VLC don't

Kodi?

Plex definitely does, but you need another computer on to run the plex server

• Advertisement

The July update is rolling out to everyone now. The highlight is the feature called groups, which is like the old pins feature, but now you're able to create your own and customise what goes in it.

See more here.

I bought three months gold plus ten pound credit in the prime sale

I added three months no problem but the tenner won't go in!

I've tried changing my region to the UK but it still won't work !
    Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I bought three months gold plus ten pound credit in the prime sale

I added three months no problem but the tenner won't go in!

I've tried changing my region to the UK but it still won't work !
    Any help appreciated!

I've found foreign currency prepaid cards no longer work on the website, still worked last time I used one by switching region on my Xbox though. Been a while since I last did that so I can't guarantee that still works.

I've found foreign currency prepaid cards no longer work on the website, still worked last time I used one by switching region on my Xbox though. Been a while since I last did that so I can't guarantee that still works.

I'll try changing it when I get home
    If not I can get rid of it on eBay for like 9 quid I guess

Changing the region on my Xbox worked, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Any advice on this lads, downloaded sims 4, made my character and started to play but it would pop up when I would save saying insufficient space on xbox, but when I check I have 60gb free, it would claim to save but when o reloaded it none saved, I figured it was an issues with the sims game

Just now playing GTA online every so often that insufficient space pops up when it does an autosave, anyone else have this issue?

Knowledge is a bit shady around this area but game saves are saved to the cloud if i'm correct. Could there be anything else there? I think everyone has 2gb cloud storage available. Game saves would be way too small to accommodate that space.

Yeah might be that I'll have a look now

Edit: can't see where my cloud storage is

Yea i'm only seeing local stage options here too. Are you getting prompted to clear space when you try to capture a clip?

It's when it trys to do an autosave, when I played the sims and tried to save it says something like not enough storage memory/data, to clear memory go to a game and click manage,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hococop wrote: »
    It's when it trys to do an autosave, when I played the sims and tried to save it says something like not enough storage memory/data, to clear memory go to a game and click manage,

Is it in internal or external storage? Make sure whatever it is is not full. The space remaining can be confusing as it shows total space.

• Advertisement

Is it in internal or external storage? Make sure whatever it is is not full. The space remaining can be confusing as it shows total space.

No have 60 gb free on internal and 80fb free on external

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement