Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just tried dragons dogma, setting it up and same message pops up

The code at the end is (0x80830003)

Seems to show up for people on fallout 4 alot but mine seems to be on many games now

Is this on base xbox model? First thing i'd try would be power cycle. As there is little info about the error online the next thing i'd try is a factory reset while keeping games and apps as it sounds more likely its an issue with the console OS.

Would a factory reset clear all my saves in the games I keep?

You should have 2 option to keep games and apps or start fresh by clearing everything.

Maybe get a second opinion on this but to my knowledge gamesaves are stored online and locally. If its telling you there is no storage for gamesaves when there clearly is, to me it sounds like a software issue. Personally id start by trying a power cycle. If that failed i'd factory reset while keeping your stuff.

Power cycle is when you press the power button For 10 seconds? If so I've tried that but no luck

Just did the factory reset and that seemed to work, cheers lads appreciate that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Hey all - upgraded to an X over the weekend and have a code for PUBG and a month of Game Pass if anyone wants them:

9XRV2-Y4FRK-2CPKP-Q4HHT-32Q6Z (pubg)

TYCYR-93C7V-VQ4H3-X36KK-XC7PZ (game pass)

Anything in particular I should watch out for on the X? I know some stuff is enhanced automatically and downloading 4k assests is something you can do, but I don't have a 4K TV yet so I assume nothing else I should be doing to take advantage of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Hey all - upgraded to an X over the weekend and have a code for PUBG and a month of Game Pass if anyone wants them:

9XRV2-Y4FRK-2CPKP-Q4HHT-32Q6Z (pubg)

TYCYR-93C7V-VQ4H3-X36KK-XC7PZ (game pass)

Thank you!! I grabbed PUBG, the game pass is still ready to be taken. Looking forward to playing, thanks again!

No worries, already have it myself and it came free with the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Fair play Adv.
    Just be aware the first code was probably picked up by a scraper. May not even be a member of this forum. Generally better to pass on by PM like in the giveaway thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Anything in particular I should watch out for on the X? I know some stuff is enhanced automatically and downloading 4k assests is something you can do, but I don't have a 4K TV yet so I assume nothing else I should be doing to take advantage of it?

With the X, the 4K assets will automatically download, regardless of the resolution of your TV. It will look and run better on your 1080p TV anyway, thanks to better quality textures, downsampling and improved frame rates, even if you aren't getting the full benefits.

It is plug and play though, so just plug it in, and you're good to go, no more configuration needed.

GBX wrote: »
    Fair play Adv.
    Just be aware the first code was probably picked up by a scraper. May not even be a member of this forum. Generally better to pass on by PM like in the giveaway thread.

Ah didn't even think of that, good heads up for next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Only bought an Xbox One S a couple of weeks ago and need to charge my controller for the first time. Can't believe they don't supply rechargeable batteries or even a cable for recharging the controller. I'm sure they want to push people into buying extras for the console, its just mildly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Only bought an Xbox One S a couple of weeks ago and need to charge my controller for the first time. Can't believe they don't supply rechargeable batteries or even a cable for recharging the controller. I'm sure they want to push people into buying extras for the console, its just mildly annoying.

Bit annoying alright, though even on a set of AA batteries the battery life is easily 6 times that of a Dual Shock 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I bought a plug and play kit at launch. Still going now and getting weeks between charges.

Not at all, it's just about keeping the price and support down (my batteries are faulty I want new ones!). If it was about forcing you to buy extras they'd do an apple and only allow official xbox peripherals.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I bought a plug and play kit at launch. Still going now and getting weeks between charges.

Same here, massive improvement over the 360 ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Oh, nice, BF1 finally getting 4K support tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1023946363749289985

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Wow, and it's already a gorgeous game as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

4K update is live for BF1. Looks really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

4K update is live for BF1. Looks really nice

Is it out already? I thought it was only being shown on stream today ahead of a launch down the line.

Is it out already? I thought it was only being shown on stream today ahead of a launch down the line.

No, it's part of the summer update that came out today, it's just that they sprung the 4K part on everyone by surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Do I win? ðŸ˜႒

Very Van Gogh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So you need an Xbox One X and a 4K tv to be able to enter to win a 4K monitor and its US only entry!

Have my router moved into the room with my Xbox and have it wired connected, was in PC world the other day to pick up a spare cat 5 cable, I notice that there are cat 6 ones now which are supposed to be better

Wondering if this is true or are they like HDMI cables and if they are better would I need big internet speeds? ( Mine is usually 20-30mb) to see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hococop wrote: »
    Have my router moved into the room with my Xbox and have it wired connected, was in PC world the other day to pick up a spare cat 5 cable, I notice that there are cat 6 ones now which are supposed to be better

Wondering if this is true or are they like HDMI cables and if they are better would I need big internet speeds? ( Mine is usually 20-30mb) to see anything

No difference with your speeds. But the difference is mostly less interference when you are running them through a building next to power cables or near them.

God I can;t wait to go back to school in September. I only just found out about cat7

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Anybody preordered black ops 4 last minute to access the beta from Amazon ? I haven't got any email with info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/xbox%2Belite%2Bwireless%2Bcontroller/xx-criteria.html

Has anyone ever seen these before? I wonder are they the new Elite pad being announced at Gamescom?

Edit: seems they are from Custom Controllers UK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement