Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't seen those! None I particularly like tbh

I sold my Elite controller at the weekend, just wasn't getting the use out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

maximoose wrote:
    I sold my Elite controller at the weekend, just wasn't getting the use out of it

Same. Standard controller does for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Speaking of which, two new colours have just been announced. I love the look of the translucent controller. I'd be bummed if I bought one only to see a new Elite controller announced next week. Hopefully they'll make a translucent Elite V2 controller so that I can see whats broken inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ye probably already know this but here is an interesting link I found on reddit.

You can see your report history for the past six months, including those you've sent and those you've received.

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-ie/home/reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Powerstar Golf xbox one

lads can anyone tell me if this is 2 player.as in i want to play against my son without needing internet etc

it says local multiplayer (4) and im sure this means you can play with other people who are online.

i have googled it a lot and i cant find the answer.

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Powerstar Golf xbox one

lads can anyone tell me if this is 2 player.as in i want to play against my son without needing internet etc

it says local multiplayer (4) and im sure this means you can play with other people who are online.

i have googled it a lot and i cant find the answer.

thanks.

local multiplayer generally means that you play it with people in the same room as you,

online multiplayer (xbox live required) is usually whats there for games that have to be connected to the internet.

edit: a quick google tells me that it can indeed be played by multiple people in the same room, sharing a control pad if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

local multiplayer generally means that you play it with people in the same room as you,

online multiplayer (xbox live required) is usually whats there for games that have to be connected to the internet.

edit: a quick google tells me that it can indeed be played by multiple people in the same room, sharing a control pad if needed.

Ah i see.i didn't Google half hard enough ! I just wanted to be sure before buying it.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Got a one s today and have it set up, gonna trade in my old Xbox one, just wondering (might be a stupid question) if I factory reset my old Xbox will that affect the cloud saves on the new one?

Also never really use apps on the console often, just had a look and see I can download apps that have all episodes of a series (king of the hill, top gear etc) any risk in downloading them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Hococop wrote: »
    Got a one s today and have it set up, gonna trade in my old Xbox one, just wondering (might be a stupid question) if I factory reset my old Xbox will that affect the cloud saves on the new one?

Also never really use apps on the console often, just had a look and see I can download apps that have all episodes of a series (king of the hill, top gear etc) any risk in downloading them?

Doing a factory reset won't affect your game saves in any way, that's one of the advantages of it automatically saving to the cloud. If you do factory reset try to update it again, I say that because when I traded mine in last year they had to update it to test it so it will mean less waiting for you if it's updated.

I have no idea about those apps myself but I'd imagine it's safe, being a closed system I'd expect MS toscreen everything before they make it available so there is nothing malicious in it but I could be wrong on that.

Hococop wrote:

Just FYI. Factory resetting your Xbox will significantly delay the testing of it if trading into GameStop or CeX.

You could factory reset it, then re-set it up without personal information on it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just delete the profile and it will be fine. I actually traded mine in with my account still on it to speed things up. Just changed the password when i got home.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just FYI. Factory resetting your Xbox will significantly delay the testing of it if trading into GameStop or CeX.

You could factory reset it, then re-set it up without personal information on it.

Cheers will probably do that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cheers will probably do that

Go to developer settings and hit reset home console as well.

What is developer settings?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1031302381403860992

No new Elite :(

Xbox All Access? Sounds interesting.

What is developer settings?

Settings, system then hit left bumper, right bumper, left trigger, right trigger.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought Washburn is a new elite? Any idea what this all access thing is going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Settings, system then hit left bumper, right bumper, left trigger, right trigger.

Will that clear more stuff? Never head of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought Washburn is a new elite? Any idea what this all access thing is going to be?

Spider is the the new elite, which has really disappeared from the face of the earth. Seeing as they had prototypes almost a year ago at this stage, I wonder if it'll ever come out.

Washburn is something new, perhaps a mouse/keyboard?

No idea on the All Access, it's the first I've heard of it. Could be a combined Gold/Gamepass sub.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow, so at least we don't have ages to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anyone else here get one of the Dayz closed preview codes?

Kenjataimu wrote:
    Anyone else here get one of the Dayz closed preview codes?

Nope. Dayz can **** off at this stage anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can you still use Xbox live codes from another region or is that locked out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Can you still use Xbox live codes from another region or is that locked out now?

Xbox live code are global, with a few exceptions. Currency codes are also locked by region.

Inside Xbox is starting at Gamescom, be sure to watch it on Mixer with your xbox/microsoft account to get a mixpot of DLC.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Inside Xbox is starting at Gamescom, be sure to watch it on Mixer with your xbox/microsoft account to get a mixpot of DLC.

See here.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Well, fell asleep during that Gamescom show. That was bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

So are you saying we should factory reset, then setup console with minium details and then go to developer settings and reset the home console?

Lenny wrote: »
    So are you saying we should factory reset, then setup console with minium details and then go to developer settings and reset the home console?

I would just reset home console and delete my account, I wouldn't bother with a factory reset as it's not needed. Really you don't even need to reset home console but rarely it can mess up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Deleting my two profile accounts from it will remove logged in apps such as netflix etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement