Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

what was in the mixpot for watching gamescom?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

gmg678 wrote: »
    what was in the mixpot for watching gamescom?

I got these this morning:

Sea of Thieves Huntress Figurehead
    Forza Horizon 4 Limited Edition Festival Tee (White)

Not sure if there's anything else due

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks like that Xbox All Access is a subscription service that includes Xbox Live, Game Pass, and an Xbox. $22 a month for an Xbox One S, $35 a month for an Xbox One X, with a two year contract. You get to keep the console afterwards.

It's a pretty good deal actually, works out better than buying them all separately at full price. This has been rumoured for some time, so it's great that they're moving forward with it. Of course, it's only available in the US :rolleyes: Microsoft are so regional at times, it's ridiculous.

See here.

Seems to me that this is more a play for the next generation than anything else, Microsoft have to realise that an awful lot of people will be locked into the PS ecosystem, so they need to really boost ownership before the new consoles are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    Looks like that Xbox All Access is a subscription service that includes Xbox Live, Game Pass, and an Xbox. $22 a month for an Xbox One S, $35 a month for an Xbox One X, with a two year contract. You get to keep the console afterwards.

It's a pretty good deal actually, works out better than buying them all separately at full price. This has been rumoured for some time, so it's great that they're moving forward with it. Of course, it's only available in the US :rolleyes: Microsoft are so regional at times, it's ridiculous.

See here.

Seems to me that this is more a play for the next generation than anything else, Microsoft have to realise that an awful lot of people will be locked into the PS ecosystem, so they need to really boost ownership before the new consoles are released.

That seems very reasonable. So Live, Gamepass and an X for $840? Be a handy way to actually get to own one without a big initial payment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty good deal, I was hoping for a joint XBL/Game Pass sub though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

That's a great deal to be honest makes it very affordable to a lot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So got a Xbox1 X last week and have been playing Monster Hunter for a while. Decided last night to boot up ForzaM 7 for the first time. It wants to download 64gb of crap :eek::eek::eek:
    What the actual **** is that about, 64gb is insane. It's also half my monthly plan and will take about 26 hours (yeah I live in the wops*).
    I though the 5gb odd MHW wanted was excessive

Thankfully turn off wifi and can run it, but then MHW won't run without the wifi :confused::confused::confused:

* NZ for middle of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So got a Xbox1 X last week and have been playing Monster Hunter for a while. Decided last night to boot up ForzaM 7 for the first time. It wants to download 64gb of crap :eek::eek::eek:
    What the actual **** is that about, 64gb is insane. It's also half my monthly plan and will take about 26 hours (yeah I live in the wops*).
    I though the 5gb odd MHW wanted was excessive

Thankfully turn off wifi and can run it, but then MHW won't run without the wifi :confused::confused::confused:

* NZ for middle of nowhere

All games are going to need downloads. The Forza one is probably pulling down the 4K assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I hear you as I have slow internet also due to living in the sticks but I do not have a cap so i am not too bad. I just let it download over night and in most cases a few nights due to how large games are. And to thing back during the Xbox 360 days I would never download a game due to me thinking the 6-7GB's game was a massive download despite having the same speed broadband as I do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

TitianGerm wrote: »
    All games are going to need downloads. .
    I understand that and have no issue. but 3 times the size of the original install from disc, really?

• Advertisement

I understand that and have no issue. but 3 times the size of the original install from disc, really?

You will have to get used to it as all the new releases over the past two years or so get massive updates all the time and the most inconvenient times also. Seems to be when you say to yourself I will play some GOW 4 tonight or Halo 5 etc.. and the massive update just happens to be there. Not a problem for the majority of people but the left out people(by government/ISP) like you and me it is a massive problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thats almost the norm now. Very little on the discs and then install the rest via download.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So did they announced new xbox elite controller already or not?

CatInABox wrote: »

See here.

It's a good idea but anyone in the PS ecosystem is going to take one look at the games in game pass (or lack of) and be perfectly happy with what they've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I still have to upgrade to one x and I feel id be down with that deal, nice to have it as an option deffo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's a good idea but anyone in the PS ecosystem is going to take one look at the games in game pass (or lack of) and be perfectly happy with what they've got.

Yeah but it's obviously intended for the exact opposite audience to the PC crowd though. It's to get low income folk on the hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

starting to appreciate the xbox now, got one for junior a few years back, in the meantime cancelled our Virgin tv package but had the analogue for free because we have their broadband, anyhoo they switched off the analogue in July so started using some of the apps like youtube where Sky news and some other news channels stream their news.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Why Oh why is there no 4K update for Watch Dogs 2. I loved the first one. Played a small bit of the game a couple of months ago when I was using a 1080P monitor and the game ran like sh*t totally turned me off the One X and dragged me back towards PC gaming. I eventually got a 4k HDR Tv and have to admit I was playing on the wrong screen. It reminds me of when I got a 720p Tv on the Xbox 360 after coming from a CRT Tv.

But anyway Watch Dogs 2 looks like garbage on at 1080p and even worse on a 4k screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why Oh why is there no 4K update for Watch Dogs 2. I loved the first one. Played a small bit of the game a couple of months ago when I was using a 1080P monitor and the game ran like sh*t totally turned me off the One X and dragged me back towards PC gaming. I eventually got a 4k HDR Tv and have to admit I was playing on the wrong screen. It reminds me of when I got a 720p Tv on the Xbox 360 after coming from a CRT Tv.

But anyway Watch Dogs 2 looks like garbage on at 1080p and even worse on a 4k screen.

It is actually very annoying going back and playing older non enhanced games. After getting used to better frames, resolution and hdr on x, I just can't do it.
    My daughter is playing on xbox one s in living room and I could not believe how much worse fortnite looks on it. Everything just blurry.

So lads, gamescon over? We are not getting new elite controller?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It is actually very annoying going back and playing older non enhanced games. After getting used to better frames, resolution and hdr on x, I just can't do it.
    My daughter is playing on xbox one s in living room and I could not believe how much worse fortnite looks on it. Everything just blurry.

So lads, gamescon over? We are not getting new elite controller?

Still plenty of rumours, not much else.

Hearing October, but that could be for this new accessory that they're apparently coming out with.

Speaking of older games getting enhanced, Halo: MCC has been updated to 4K today, and the matchmaking problems fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Modern Warfare 2 came to b.c today...

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1034470854808154113

The new "Washburn" controller is being announced today. It's not the new elite, so I'm looking forward to seeing what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Does that include multiplayer?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

morritty wrote: »
    Does that include multiplayer?

Should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That damn master chef patch was 73GB or so! :)

I can't believe that I might have to buy another 4TB drive to extend storage again! :pac:

• marcbrophy wrote: »

I can't believe that I might have to buy another 4TB drive to extend storage again! :pac:

The old version was nearly the same size. If you had the old one installed it just replaced it.
    So technically no additional space required ;)

Dedicated servers for multi and coop!!

The old version was nearly the same size. If you had the old one installed it just replaced it.
    So technically no additional space required ;)

Dedicated servers for multi and coop!!

Yeah, it's essentially a total rerelease, pretty sure that they had to repackage every component for the intelligent delivery system.

Speaking of which, once it's installed, you can actually go in and uninstall parts of the game that you don't need, so it could eventually be smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

marcbrophy wrote: »

There's a master chef game now? That show really got popular and is going from strength to strength now....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

There's a master chef game now? That show really got popular and is going from strength to strength now....:p

Kitchen Nightmares game due out this Xmas :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement