Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There's a master chef game now? That show really got popular and is going from strength to strength now....:p

master_chef_by_dekanuva-d65eu3d.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

eugh, I do not like the white consoles, it does not match any of my furniture in my bedroom, only the walls

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The white is the reason I never bothered to get the One S when it was released but I picked up a One X at midnight the night of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So much for a hardware revision of the Elite controller, they're releasing the original one in white.

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller-white

• Advertisement

I only used my Elite conroller once and that was for Rise of The Tomb raider as I get sore thumbs having to press the thumb sticks down so I remapped both thumb sticks to two back paddles and solved my sore thumbs.

Didn't have to do it for any other game yet. So I just use the normal controller as it saves wear on the elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I only used my Elite conroller once and that was for Rise of The Tomb raider as I get sore thumbs having to press the thumb sticks down so I remapped both thumb sticks to two back paddles and solved my sore thumbs.

Didn't have to do it for any other game yet. So I just use the normal controller as it saves wear on the elite.

Its like having a lambo and keeping it in the garage. :pac:

I love white consoles and controllers. As I said in other thread, I am just sick of black on black stuff. If I had no xbox one x, I would go for white one in a heart beat! Now I will just go for white elite controller.

The Talos Principle should be announced/released soon for an Xbox One release. It's a First Person Puzzle game, and while the setting is totally serene and peaceful, it's got some truly mind bending puzzle arenas. It's one of my most memorable games from the last few years, and it's finally being release on Xbox, so I thought that I'd recommend it to everyone.

See here.

It's great, and that's before you start to mess around with trying to affect puzzle areas from within a totally different puzzle area, and what you though was the game becomes so much more.

I messed around with MCC last night, and man, is it gorgeous now. Halo has always looked great, thanks mainly to the art direction, but in 4K it really shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Anyone thinking of buying the resident evil 2 collectors edition, looks great but at €250 it's crazy, if it was €150 I'd be all over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

I've been wanting to get a console for a while but can never decide which way to go - xBox or Playstation.

The games I'm most interested in are on both except for the new Spiderman.

Can anyone here tell me the reasons I should go with xBox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I've been wanting to get a console for a while but can never decide which way to go - xBox or Playstation.

The games I'm most interested in are on both except for the new Spiderman.

Can anyone here tell me the reasons I should go with xBox?

Go with the one your friends have.

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Why so?

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Actually none of my friends have one as far as I know.

My nephew has an xBox One though

Actually none of my friends have one as far as I know.

My nephew has an xBox One though

If you want to play online, then you'll probably want to play with your friends, so get the console they have so that you can play with them.

The two consoles are pretty similar, but there are more exclusive games on PS right now. It'll probably be a few years before Xbox can boast about similar.

Outside of that, Xbox are innovating in other ways, like Game Pass, where you subscribe for €10 a month (you can get it cheaper at times) and get access to a selection of about 100 games, or something like EA Access, where you pay about €25 and get access to most of the EA catalogue.

Talk to your nephew about game/family sharing, where he'd have access to your digital collection, and you to his.

CatInABox wrote: »
    If you want to play online, then you'll probably want to play with your friends, so get the console they have so that you can play with them.

The two consoles are pretty similar, but there are more exclusive games on PS right now. It'll probably be a few years before Xbox can boast about similar.

Outside of that, Xbox are innovating in other ways, like Game Pass, where you subscribe for €10 a month (you can get it cheaper at times) and get access to a selection of about 100 games, or something like EA Access, where you pay about €25 and get access to most of the EA catalogue.

Talk to your nephew about game/family sharing, where he'd have access to your digital collection, and you to his.

I don't want to get into subscribing and honestly I wouldn't make use of access to so many games.

Can online multiplayer only be played against people with the same console? If I had Star Wars Battlefront on a PS4 can I not play against someone on an xBox?

EDIT: Can the PS4 play a 4K blu-ray disk? Will it downscale it or reject it?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No 4k bluray on playstation as far as I know.

I don't want to get into subscribing and honestly I wouldn't make use of access to so many games.

Can online multiplayer only be played against people with the same console? If I had Star Wars Battlefront on a PS4 can I not play against someone on an xBox?

EDIT: Can the PS4 play a 4K blu-ray disk? Will it downscale it or reject it?

In most games, you can only play against others with the same console, but that is changing slowly. There's a few games on Xbox that you can play against Switch owners, but PS don't allow this to happen yet. However, it might not matter, as you need to subscribe to Xbox Live to gain access to multiplayer (and 4 free games a month). It's the same on PS as well.

The PS4 can't play 4K disks, while the Xbox One S and X will.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No 4k bluray on playstation as far as I know.

Yes, it isn't a 4K blu-ray player but I mean will it still work with a 4K disk just at a lower quality?

In most games, you can only play against others with the same console, but that is changing slowly. There's a few games on Xbox that you can play against Switch owners, but PS don't allow this to happen yet. However, it might not matter, as you need to subscribe to Xbox Live to gain access to multiplayer (and 4 free games a month). It's the same on PS as well.

The PS4 can't play 4K disks, while the Xbox One S and X will.

So I will have to subscribe. :P

Do you know if the Star Wars Battlefront multiplayer works between xBox and Playstation?

So a 4K blu-ray disc is unreadable in a Playstation and will just be rejected?

• Advertisement

Do you know if the Star Wars Battlefront multiplayer works between xBox and Playstation?

Unfortunately, Battlefront is not cross play. Battlefront is already on EA Access, Battlefront 2 will probably be added by Christmas time, or soon afterwards.

I am not 100% sure, to be honest, but it looks like it doesn't.

Unfortunately, Battlefront is not cross play. Battlefront is already on EA Access, Battlefront 2 will probably be added by Christmas time, or soon afterwards.

I am not 100% sure, to be honest, but it looks like it doesn't.

Well that is the decision made - multiplayer on Star Wars Battlefront is a necessity so xBox it is.

How many games like an xBox hard drive hold? Is it better to do with a disc for games like Battlefront?

How many games like an xBox hard drive hold?
    It depends... if you consider that game sizes are usually around 30-40GB (Battlefront is ~60GB I think), then I'll trust you with the maths after that. :p

Keep in mind that you can use a spare USB drive for extra storage too.
    Is it better to do with a disc for games like Battlefront?
    In the context of HDD space, it makes no odds; if you buy the game on disc, it needs to install to the HDD anyway. However, you will need to keep the disc in the drive to play.

So the real factors to decide between physical (disc) and digital (download) are price, convenience and trade-in value.

One final tip - treat yourself to the Xbox One X. Personally I think it's well worth the extra cash. (Faster load times, better frame rate/resolution, ...).

It depends... if you consider that game sizes are usually around 30-40GB (Battlefront is ~60GB I think), then I'll trust you with the maths after that. :p

Keep in mind that you can use a spare USB drive for extra storage too.

Will the xBox cloud storage save game progress if you delete the game from the hard drive?

In the context of HDD space, it makes no odds; if you buy the game on disc, it needs to install to the HDD anyway. However, you will need to keep the disc in the drive to play.

So the real factors to decide between physical (disc) and digital (download) are price, convenience and trade-in value.

I'm the sort whole buy tonnes of games even though I'll never get around to playing them all and even though I won't be able to afford them. So I'll do my best to limited it to buying only games I'll want to replay for years. Trade in won't be an issue then.

And I prefer digital to having physical discs - less clutter.

One final tip - treat yourself to the Xbox One X. Personally I think it's well worth the extra cash. (Faster load times, better frame rate/resolution, ...).

;)

Thanks

Will the xBox cloud storage save game progress if you delete the game from the hard drive?

Yes.

I believe the saves are cached locally, then uploaded to the cloud. Deleting the game data shouldn't impact that.
    And I prefer digital to having physical discs - less clutter.

I actually prefer physical - I prefer to feel like I "own" something. *shrugs*

If you're buying it to play Battlefront 2 then an Xbox One X is the one to go for. It's the most powerful console on the market and I can tell you Battlefront 2 looks absolutely fantastic on it.

Xbox is going through a lull when it comes to exclusives but don't forget multiplatform games is where it's at really.and the X will give you the best console experience with many titles having been enhanced to take advantage of its power.

If it's multiplayer action you're after take a look at Titanfall 2. Best multiplayer experience you'll find on any format and again, looks and plays fantastic on the X.

If you're buying it to play Battlefront 2 then an Xbox One X is the one to go for. It's the most powerful console on the market and I can tell you Battlefront 2 looks absolutely fantastic on it.

Xbox is going through a lull when it comes to exclusives but don't forget multiplatform games is where it's at really.and the X will give you the best console experience with many titles having been enhanced to take advantage of its power.

If it's multiplayer action you're after take a look at Titanfall 2. Best multiplayer experience you'll find on any format and again, looks and plays fantastic on the X.

Would I need a 4K TV to see Battlefront 2 as you describe it there or does it still look best on xBox with any HD TV?

I'm putting a TV in our spare room and was figured I may as well get a 4K but there doesn't seem to be any 4K smaller than a 40 inch. Am I just not looking right or is there no 3K 32 inch?

EDIT: I don't think I have the skill to survive long in multiplayer of any game. My nephew might let me in on Battlefront but I want tp play regardless. Seems pretty much designed to put us actually in a Star Wars adventure.

Deffo 4k. I was gaming on a 1080p monitor with the One X and it was the wrong screen, it was not doing the One X justice.

I also used to own a 144Hz 2560x1440 Freesync monitor and tbh I do not see the difference of those high refresh displays. Games look amazing at 4K HDR on the Xbox One X.

Freesync is worth it though but you will most likely have to wait for the new Xbox for that as the Tv's at present do not support Adaptive sync.

Samsung brought out a update for adaptive sync on a select number of Tv's but it is a primitive service as it is not full HDMI 2.1.

Deffo 4k. I was gaming on a 1080p monitor with the One X and it was the wrong screen, it was not doing the One X justice.

I also used to own a 144Hz 2560x1440 Freesync monitor and tbh I do not see the difference of those high refresh displays. Games look amazing at 4K HDR on the Xbox One X.

Freesync is worth it though but you will most likely have to wait for the new Xbox for that as the Tv's at present do not support Adaptive sync.

Samsung brought out a update for adaptive sync on a select number of Tv's but it is a primitive service as it is not full HDMI 2.1.

I think a 40 inch is too big for the room I'd have the xBox in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I think a 40 inch is too big for the room I'd have the xBox in.

You need a bigger room so :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement