Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

scottigael wrote: »
    How often do you use the points you build up by just doing that?

You can get about 25 points a day on the xbox app and maybe 50 on a good day on android. It takes about 3700 when they are at reduced points (normally 4500 or so) for a €5 voucher so not very often unless you've got points from buying stuff on the store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/Razer/status/1044695870640246784

Hmmmm........

Looks interesting. First indication that mouse and keyboard support are finally coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I hope I'm not the only one that hates to see keyboard and mice coming to consoles.

They don't belong and give an unfair advantage to players in PvP games.

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I hope I'm not the only one that hates to see keyboard and mice coming to consoles.

Ironically it could be the reason why it's coming. 3rd party adapters are already giving players an unfair advantage, this actually evens the playing field.

Also most if.not all match making algorithms are smart enough to pair you up with similarly skilled players regardless of keyboard or controller. Not always perfect of course, if there aren't enough at your skill level you'll be matched up unfairly to fill numbers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ImANoob08 wrote: »

There's more details coming out. It has to be explicitly enabled by the developers, which will most likely mean that KBM players will be walled off unless you want to chance your arm.

More here at the Verge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Does it matter where in the room you put an xBox One?

Does it actually need to be in front of you to calibrate the the controller or be able to follow the controllers directions? Or can it be behind you or anywhere?

Does it matter where in the room you put an xBox One?

Does it actually need to be in front of you to calibrate the the controller or be able to follow the controllers directions? Or can it be behind you or anywhere?

So long as it's connected to the TV, it'll work where ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

CatInABox wrote: »
    So long as it's connected to the TV, it'll work where ever.

Thanks

I'm considering a projector and I wasn't if anyone uses those with an xBox.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

Can private multiplayer games be set up on on xBox games? Star Wars Battlefront 2 in particular?

Can an xBox One play games from different accounts without needing to switch accounts once they are downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Thanks

I'm considering a projector and I wasn't if anyone uses those with an xBox.

I use mine with a projector and it's excellent, get about a 90" screen on my bedroom wall. I was using a really cheap lower resolution projector for a while as a short term solution but got an Epson yesterday, still entry level for a 1080p projector but it looks excellent. What projectors were you looking at?

• Advertisement

dor83 wrote: »
    I use mine with a projector and it's excellent, get about a 90" screen on my bedroom wall. I was using a really cheap lower resolution projector for a while as a short term solution but got an Epson yesterday, still entry level for a 1080p projector but it looks excellent. What projectors were you looking at?

I'm not sure. It is all very confusing.

The are short & ultra short but they are more expensive and supposedly not as good as "regular" projectors but I don't know if a regular one suit the room.

I also need to see what a movie looks like on a projector in a proper set up to see if I like it compared to TV and for that I have to go to Richer Sounds in Belfast.

What size is the room you use the projector in and how far do you sit from the screen?

I'm not sure. It is all very confusing.

The are short & ultra short but they are more expensive and supposedly not as good as "regular" projectors but I don't know if a regular one suit the room.

I also need to see what a movie looks like on a projector in a proper set up to see if I like it compared to TV and for that I have to go to Richer Sounds in Belfast.

What size is the room you use the projector in and how far do you sit from the screen?

Yeah I spent a few months looking into which projector suited me best, I was stuck with putting it on a shelf above my bed with the image on the wall about 2.4m away so had to think throw ratio to get the right size screen and lens offset to get the right position.

From what I have read short throw is good but if you go ultra short you need a special screen for it which cost a lot, I haven't seen the in use myself so just going by my own research online.

Do you have a particular place you have to put it or can you mount it where ever suits? What's your budget? Mine was €500-1000 but I only ended up spending €550 because the Epson I bought suited my placement best but I could give you a couple of others to look at if you have a similar budget.

Something else to consider is the cost of replacement lamps if you plan on using it a lot, some of them can e quite expensive. Check out projectorcentral.com for some good reviews that go into plenty of detail, including input lag.

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah I spent a few months looking into which projector suited me best, I was stuck with putting it on a shelf above my bed with the image on the wall about 2.4m away so had to think throw ratio to get the right size screen and lens offset to get the right position.

From what I have read short throw is good but if you go ultra short you need a special screen for it which cost a lot, I haven't seen the in use myself so just going by my own research online.

Do you have a particular place you have to put it or can you mount it where ever suits? What's your budget? Mine was €500-1000 but I only ended up spending €550 because the Epson I bought suited my placement best but I could give you a couple of others to look at if you have a similar budget.

Something else to consider is the cost of replacement lamps if you plan on using it a lot, some of them can e quite expensive. Check out projectorcentral.com for some good reviews that go into plenty of detail, including input lag.

€500 would be in my range.

What model Epson is it?

Can the screen size be adjusted?

€500 would be in my range.

What model Epson is it?

Can the screen size be adjusted?

I got the EH-TW5400, I found it hard to find reviews on it but the older model(EH-TW5300) seemed to have pretty good reviews for the price and the negative offset suited me for putting it on a shelf. It's an LCD projector which has it's positives(no rainbow effect, cheap replacement lamps, good brightness uniformity) and negatives(not as deep blacks, dust filters need cleaning). The input lag is 28ms so not bad but not the best either, BenQ, Optoma and ViewSonic all have lower input lag on some of their models.

Maybe have a look at the ViewSonic PJD7828HDL which you should get for under €500. There is a projection calculator on there too which helps work out screen size with your placement for different projectors.

It's worth checking the European Amazon sites too, I got mine from amazon.it because it was a good bit cheaper, also worked out about €20 cheaper to get it delivered to Parcel Wizard because of the lower VAT and shipping cost.

How big is the room you're putting it in and what size screen do you want? Are you ceiling mounting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have a question on Game Sharing

So at the moment my friend has set his xbox with my account as his home and everything is fine, working as it should
    I have set his account as home on mine but I dont have his digital downloads, am I missing something, have I not done something specific?

Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have a question on Game Sharing

So at the moment my friend has set his xbox with my account as his home and everything is fine, working as it should
    I have set his account as home on mine but I dont have his digital downloads, am I missing something, have I not done something specific?

Any help would be appreciated

No, that should be it. Just re-check by signing into your friends account again and double checking it's set as home xbox. It should say "Remove this xbox as home" or something.

...and when signed back into your own account again, check it and it should say "Make this my home xbox" which is right.

Thats what I've done, I even removed their account as the home one and added it again.
    Its very strange, she has Fifa 18 and Jurassic Park so I tried going to the store but it was asking me to buy them.
    She thought it might have to do with her not having xbox live but I dont think that would make a difference either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thats what I've done, I even removed their account as the home one and added it again. Its very strange, she has Fifa 18 and Jurassic Park so I tried going to the store but it was asking me to buy them. She thought it might have to do with her not having xbox live but I dont think that would make a difference either

What about under "Ready to install", not there either? I assume you checked there already...

Yep, I checked everywhere, its very strange because she has them on her xbox, I've been over there and seen them
    I want to contact MS but I am kinda afraid they might block the account because of gamesharing, i dont know why, just in my head its a bad thing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thats what I've done, I even removed their account as the home one and added it again.
    Its very strange, she has Fifa 18 and Jurassic Park so I tried going to the store but it was asking me to buy them.
    She thought it might have to do with her not having xbox live but I dont think that would make a difference either

Check your ready to install list max or sign in as friend download them

Edit: beaten to it above. One xbox live covers both accounts

• Advertisement

Thanks guys.

The 1 thing I also noticed is that the GT is different to what she uses, its one that was created automatically for her when she setup her account. I thought that was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Thanks guys.

The 1 thing I also noticed is that the GT is different to what she uses, its one that was created automatically for her when she setup her account. I thought that was weird

You sure she doesn't have 2 accounts?

Positive, I helped her create the account, she only has the 1 Microsoft related email

Positive, I helped her create the account, she only has the 1 Microsoft related email

Weird. Can you check what happens with her account logged in in the background while you are logged in?

Weird. Can you check what happens with her account logged in in the background while you are logged in?

What do you mean?
    Like login as her?

I have tried to logout as myself and stay logged in as her with no luck

What do you mean?
    Like login as her?

I have tried to logout as myself and stay logged in as her with no luck

Log her in, then log yourself in

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

It does sound like there may be a 3rd account with her Xbox being set as home Xbox for yours and a n other.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Exciting times for those with an echo alexa compatibility is coming being able to switch between tv and game (without additional gadgets) sounds excellent. Shame it's limited to u.s at the moment here's hoping.
    I have tried a workaround but it doesn't seem to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Has anybody had any issues with their One S disc drive? I went to install a game about two weeks ago and there was a fairly loud vibrating/grinding sound, but the game installed without issue. A few days ago I went to load a game from a disc, and there was a very faint sound from the drive again. I'm guessing it's on the way out and I should contact MS?

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »
    Has anybody had any issues with their One S disc drive? I went to install a game about two weeks ago and there was a fairly loud vibrating/grinding sound, but the game installed without issue. A few days ago I went to load a game from a disc, and there was a very faint sound from the drive again. I'm guessing it's on the way out and I should contact MS?

Could be nothing, could be drive failure. Is it in warranty? If yes, then contact MS and see what they say, no harm in being proactive about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement