Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Project xCloud goes official, it's Microsoft's streaming service. Public trials next year to start. See here.

Looks like they're putting four Xboxs into a single server blade. Impressive, but I'd still be concerned about scalability with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

MS making all the right noises. I never bought an Xbox this gen but they are getting harder and harder to ignore with their customer focused initiatives and innovation like this.

Have a feeling next gen will be a lot closer and therefore better for us customers.

No coincidence this announcement coincides with Google's Project Stream. Nothing like a dose of healthy competition to get things moving:)

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/10/googles-project-stream-thats-really-a-full-assassins-creed-in-my-browser/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

No coincidence this announcement coincides with Google's Project Stream. Nothing like a dose of healthy competition to get things moving:)

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/10/googles-project-stream-thats-really-a-full-assassins-creed-in-my-browser/

They have been working on this at least 3 years ago as I heard about it back then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They have been working on this at least 3 years ago as I heard about it back then.

Yeah, there's been articles on it for years. I had thought that they'd speak more about it at XO18, but I think the google announcement made them move their plans up.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, there's been articles on it for years. I had thought that they'd speak more about it at XO18, but I think the google announcement made them move their plans up.

Yes that was my point, just that there's a sense of urgency for it now and also the fact that it IS actually going to happen and is not just another great idea that'll never happen which is often the case with Microsoft. I wonder if there was no pressure from competition would we be seeing it as early as next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD is coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today."

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1049691131942907905

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD is coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today."

These are little reminders of games I bought, downloaded and never got around to playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

MGS2 is definitely worth a replay. Quite pleased with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

For those wondering Supervalu won't be stocking Black Ops 4 unlike previous release dates.

• Advertisement

• MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I tried the disk version last night, didn't work :(

• Theres hardly a HD version of the first MGS is there? Played MGS2 back in the day on PS2.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I don't mean articles, I mean in MS there were teams actively on it back then.

Xbox Insiders who have pre-ordered Fallout 76. You may be able to play the game right now. Just make sure your console is set to USA. Then launch the inside hub and go to insider content. Fallout 76 Stress Test might be there. It was for me :)

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1050058017742495745

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Anyone else having problems with kodi?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So on occasion the Xbox kicks up and won't connect to Xbox live,sometimes weeks there's no issues,some weeks it's every day.
    Normally I'd have to forget the network and reconnect to the network again to fix but today nothings going.

Any suggestions?

PerrinV2 wrote:
    So on occasion the Xbox kicks up and won't connect to Xbox live,sometimes weeks there's no issues,some weeks it's every day. Normally I'd have to forget the network and reconnect to the network again to fix but today nothings going.

There's problems with the Eir network all day today if that's who you're with?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    There's problems with the Eir network all day today if that's who you're with?

Virgin media,this Xbox issue has been going on for months.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote:

Virginia media boxes can cause a lot of problems in general.

Try wired, you probably already have. And setting DNS to Google's, 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Exact same issue as yourself and I'm also with VM. Had the same problem a few weeks (or months?) back, before it simply went away and now it's acting up again. I'm connected wirelessly through the media hub.

A wired connection is out of the question for me, unfortunately.

You can use your own router, get onto VM here on boards and ask them to set your router to IP4. You will then get a bridge mode setting, enable this, plug your own router in and enjoy problem free internet. I'm setup with a Netgear Nighthawk. No issues whatsoever.

Was this mentioned anywhere?

Crysis, Crysis 2 & Crysis 3 are now backwards compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can it run Crysis though?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PerrinV2 wrote: »

A bit late to this, but my xbox connection is playing tricks lately too. Stupidly enough me and my daughter were playing both online, but different games and my xbox just droped connection randomly and she kept playing with no issues. As soon as I restarted xboxit sent back to normal.

Virgin media here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Can it run Crysis though?
    The First achievement you get in Crysis 1 … made me giggle when I saw that :)

A bit late to this, but my xbox connection is playing tricks lately too. Stupidly enough me and my daughter were playing both online, but different games and my xbox just droped connection randomly and she kept playing with no issues. As soon as I restarted xboxit sent back to normal.

Virgin media here.

Sounds more like a ports/UPNP issue than anything to do with Virgin to be honest. If you both want to play at the same time, then make sure to NOT forward any ports. If ports aren't already forwarded, then it might just be the router flaking out, to be honest. I'd usually run my own router, with the Virgin one in bridge mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sounds more like a ports/UPNP issue than anything to do with Virgin to be honest. If you both want to play at the same time, then make sure to NOT forward any ports. If ports aren't already forwarded, then it might just be the router flaking out, to be honest. I'd usually run my own router, with the Virgin one in bridge mode.

Nah, we usually never have issues. We both played a lot together. Its just started only in the last week or so.
    Up to now, I never had big issues with Virgin media. Misses working there before helps a lot.

Even last night my xbod all went lialia and messed up my State of Decoy game when it disconnected. I restarted xbox and it was no issues again.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1052938383255732224

New Xbox 360 enhanced titles being added today, including the orange box, and the Left 4 Dead games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement