Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Reports (from Reddit and around the Internet) are that Age of Empires and Rise of Nations are coming to Xbox, presumably enabled by the KBM support being added soon. People were able to get so far as to pick which Xbox they wanted to install Rise of Nations on.

I'd assume that we'll learn more on Saturday, at X018. Speaking of which, if you watch Inside Xbox on Mixer with your Microsoft account, then you'll get free stuff. Forza Horizon 4 is one of the games that you'll get stuff for, I think Sea of Thieves is the other.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Reports (from Reddit and around the Internet) are that Age of Empires and Rise of Nations are coming to Xbox, presumably enabled by the KBM support being added soon. People were able to get so far as to pick which Xbox they wanted to install Rise of Nations on.

I'd assume that we'll learn more on Saturday, at X018. Speaking of which, if you watch Inside Xbox on Mixer with your Microsoft account, then you'll get free stuff. Forza Horizon 4 is one of the games that you'll get stuff for, I think Sea of Thieves is the other.

Reminds me that free game from e3 still hasn't appeared. Can't even recall it's name now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Reminds me that free game from e3 still hasn't appeared. Can't even recall it's name now.

Outerwilds? I have it on my account but it's not released yet.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Outerwilds? I have it on my account but it's not released yet.

Ah thats the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ZiabR wrote: »
    Ah I quite like Mass Effect Andromeda. Its a good game. I know the launch was very poor but the game at its core was decent.
    It was OK, I didn't mind the fuss and hoo-ha about animations at launch. For me, the game fell down on the repetitive "Oh my god, you're the Pathfinder. You are the one person on this whole decimated armada who will find a new home for us … By the way I lost my keys, will you go find them for me and pick up a sandwich at the Spar on the way back. You might need to help the lady at Spar find all the ingredients to make the sandwich, too"-type quests.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I see that Crackdown is now free, a gem of a game.

I'd assume that it's related to the Crackdown 3 reveal this weekend. We'll probably get a date for the launch of the multiplayer part of the game, it's meant to be coming out first. Wonder if it'll be free to play actually, attempting to copy Fortnite's model.

• CatInABox wrote: »
    I see that Crackdown is now free, a gem of a game.

I'd assume that it's related to the Crackdown 3 reveal this weekend. We'll probably get a date for the launch of the multiplayer part of the game, it's meant to be coming out first. Wonder if it'll be free to play actually, attempting to copy Fortnite's model.

Microsoft need to deliver on Crackdown 3
    I hope it can capture the essence of the first game as it's brilliant

Microsoft need to deliver on Crackdown 3
    I hope it can capture the essence of the first game as it's brilliant

I get the feeling that's why they've separated the multiplayer from the single player section. There's just no way that the single player experience will be any good, but the multiplayer part has the potential to be great. A Battle Royal style game in a fully destructible skyscraper city? That sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Reminder the XO18 thingy is today, 9pm I think if I've worked out the time difference correctly.

Reminder the XO18 thingy is today, 9pm I think if I've worked out the time difference correctly.

Anyone have any sneaky hopes for this? Personally, I'd love Gaucamelee 2 to be announced, what with it being in Mexico and all. Adding it to Game Pass would be just fantastic.

• Advertisement

They've made a number of acquisitions in recent times so maybe something from Ninja Theory maybe?

Below has been given a rating in Australia which usually indicates it's close to release, hopefully we'll have an announcement tonight:

https://m.windowscentral.com/below-rated-m-australia-could-release-soon

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I hope Phil Spencer comes on stage, announces 1 vs 100 and then stands there for 59 minutes of applause. If the show happens to be an hour and a half long, then make that 89 minutes of applause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

pcadhain wrote: »
    I hope Phil Spencer comes on stage, announces 1 vs 100 and then stands there for 59 minutes of applause. If the show happens to be an hour and a half long, then make that 89 minutes of applause.

Would make use of those new avatars alright. That was fun to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Anyone have any sneaky hopes for this? Personally, I'd love Gaucamelee 2 to be announced, what with it being in Mexico and all. Adding it to Game Pass would be just fantastic.

My hope is for more of State of Decoy 2. Love that game. Anything Forza related is a winner too.

Phil Spencer admits that there's a ton of work to do on the Windows 10 store. I knew that they'd giving him control of it in the background, so it's great to hear them say it officially.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Phil Spencer admits that there's a ton of work to do on the Windows 10 store. I knew that they'd giving him control of it in the background, so it's great to hear them say it officially.

See here.

Yes, great to hear. The difference between the Xbox console store and windows store is huge. You get the sense that this is 2 separate teams that will more than likely come together to get it up to par.

Yes, great to hear. The difference between the Xbox console store and windows store is huge. You get the sense that this is 2 separate teams that will more than likely come together to get it up to par.

It was definitely two separate teams. The Windows team didn't want any advice on how to build a store from the Xbox team, and in fact forced changes onto the Xbox store to suit Windows. Very frustrating.

It's pretty clear that they've identified the problems, and have also start to recognise the potential for gaming. You don't push out the head of Windows, then promote Phil Spencer onto the board, and then buy/setup seven studios in less than a year unless you're all in on gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is finally backward compatible but it's crashed a ton of times for me. Do these issues get ironed out or do I just get on with it?

Played PUBG on PC when it came out, just downloaded on xbox. Whats the story with matchmaking does nobody play it or is it just broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played PUBG on PC when it came out, just downloaded on xbox. Whats the story with matchmaking does nobody play it or is it just broken.

Fpp is all but dead. TPP should be plenty busy though

Fpp is all but dead. TPP should be plenty busy though

Neither are giving games.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Neither are giving games.

was playing squads and duos all night no problem

Dozyart wrote: »
    was playing squads and duos all night no problem

How long does matchmaking take to find a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

honestly never have to wait longer than a few seconds usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

never longer than 45 seconds usually,the odd time it does go over a minute we just quit matchmaking and start again,and it usually fires us into a game straight away then

I wonder is your NAT ok? Go to settings>Network>Network Settings. For best results, your NAT type should be "Open".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• sweetie wrote: »
    Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is finally backward compatible but it's crashed a ton of times for me. Do these issues get ironed out or do I just get on with it?
    Patches release fairly regularly for back compat titles.
    I'd say wait until it's patched.

• Advertisement

I wonder is your NAT ok? Go to settings>Network>Network Settings. For best results, your NAT type should be "Open".

My NAT is open alright. Have not checked but mw3 was reported as open. Will double check but nearly sure it remains open as I have the IP of the Xbox in the routers DMZ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement