Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I've been having some upload speed issues.

Does anyone else upload 30 second game clips to Twitter from their Xbox just after being recorded?
    How long does it take to upload usually and what speeds do you have.

Are you trying to share right after capture? Think you have to let said clip upload to xbl first before sharing. Upload is also a lot slower iv noticed if currently running a game

Yeah. I was thinking that's why, but why would that be the case. Surely it can handle multi tasking.

Tried an old clip also, not running anything just the sharing tool, which has uploaded to xbl that too was taking an unfavourable amount of time. Like 3-4 minutes for a 30 second clip, I estimate it should take 7 seconds max. That twitter sharing really needs to be done in the background keeps you on that page otherwise it won't upload, or does it?

The console network tools reports round about speeds. Its unreliable I know.

Could be prioritizing core network connectivity over other services. Like when playing a game it hammers any active download speeds

Yeah but with no games running it still takes longer than it should. Even uploading to one drive takes the biscuit. Takes forever to show on onedrive also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Did the console update and then 3 quarters of my games uninstalled??
    Started re-installing now...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Actually nevermind it's wasn't recognizing my external hard drive after the update for some reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

RTE Player is meant to be getting a HTML5 update today, no sign of it yet, but it should mean it'll be usable on Edge on Xbox. About time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone having problems with Netflix, prime or casting getting a lot of errors the last few days telling me check service status. Netflix hasn't worked since Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CatInABox wrote: »
    RTE Player is meant to be getting a HTML5 update today, no sign of it yet, but it should mean it'll be usable on Edge on Xbox. About time.

Can't be any worse than the 360 app anyway, all that was was a browser redirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The Darkness is actually pretty good.

Does anyone with Virgin BB get an Upload error or reported wrong upload speed from the Virgin Media Upload test here. If so do other speed test servers report correct speeds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Does anyone with Virgin BB get an Upload error or reported wrong upload speed from the Virgin Media Upload test here. If so do other speed test servers report correct speeds.

No, all fine with it for me anyway. Note that your speeds will vary throughout the day.

I use speedtest.net, it's pretty accurate I find, but they're kinda ten-a-penny, to be honest, despite all the flashy graphics, it's just uploading and downloading a file.

In fact, I think Virgins speedtest is provided by speedtest.net.

No, all fine with it for me anyway. Note that your speeds will vary throughout the day.

I use speedtest.net, it's pretty accurate I find, but they're kinda ten-a-penny, to be honest, despite all the flashy graphics, it's just uploading and downloading a file.

In fact, I think Virgins speedtest is provided by speedtest.net.

Yeah I know they can vary. Virgins speed test and Ookla's just tell me socket error when it gets to the upload, if it does test the upload it reports drastically reduced upload (0.3mbs / 0.4mbs) should be 24 max - this is the Virgin server only other servers test fine. Brand new router giving the same error. Have terrible jitter/spikes when pinging Google and I've noticed it in games also.

Think they have there own test server myself.

So they launched it there, in beta. The ads work great, actual content, not so much.

It's grand on desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The long in Development BELOW, form cabybara studios is announced for release on december 14th,

Doesn't look like my cup of tea, but I know a lot of people are keen for it.

Think it was my browser, tests okay on Chrome. Was using Opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

hey, my head is currently wrecked by my one s. I first noticed an issue playing Castlevania: Lord of shadow when it became BC, it crashed an awful lot but I put it down to having not being tested thoroughly. The problems persisted and I finally removed my 3tb drive to rule it out and then did a factory reset. So I joined gamepass over the weekend and downloaded Ashen. I can get no more than 10 minutes in before it crashes and Im lost as to what is the issue. HD failure perhaps? It was bought from tesco direct over 2 yrs ago so returning is really an option. Id appreciate any of your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sweetie wrote: »
    hey, my head is currently wrecked by my one s. I first noticed an issue playing Castlevania: Lord of shadow when it became BC, it crashed an awful lot but I put it down to having not being tested thoroughly. The problems persisted and I finally removed my 3tb drive to rule it out and then did a factory reset. So I joined gamepass over the weekend and downloaded Ashen. I can get no more than 10 minutes in before it crashes and Im lost as to what is the issue. HD failure perhaps? It was bought from tesco direct over 2 yrs ago so returning is really an option. Id appreciate any of your thoughts.

any other info? does the game just stop running and quits out to the dashboard, or does the whole console die? any error messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I wouldn't blame the console just yet - Ashen crashed a LOT for me initially, stopped when I persisted and got a bit further into the game

Is it happening with other games?

• Advertisement

any other info? does the game just stop running and quits out to the dashboard, or does the whole console die? any error messages?

the game just freezes midgame and I can usually go back to dashboard but I can't really use anything there so I restart or switch off.
    Once over the weekend it gave an error code which I forgot to take note of :o
    maximoose wrote: »
    I wouldn't blame the console just yet - Ashen crashed a LOT for me initially, stopped when I persisted and got a bit further into the game

Is it happening with other games?

Happened with Castlevania: LOS and Dead cells. I also left the insider preview program in case that was causing it and had to do two updates yesterday. I'll try download another game or two to check those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hi Guys,

Thought Id post in here rather than create a new thread.

So I was well into gaming until 2013 when I had my first child, never played much since. I own a 360, and never went for an Xbox One as I really hadnt the time with work and kids.

Well recently Ive wiped the dust off the 360 and the little one has been playing a few KInect games(Just Dance, Kinect Sports).

Ive started to use the console for Netflix. So the misses was on a call the othernight, so I paused Netflix and went into the Arcade and found a few cool games to play that I havent played in ages and I m hooked again. (Geometry Wars (beat my old high score too), Marvel v Capcom).

Now Ive got the gaming bug back again a little. And since its been a few years since I picked up a joystick properly I need a few opinions from some experienced hands.

I dont want to go the whole hog and get an Xbox One, so I was wondering what good games can I get to download for my 360 that I may have missed in the last 5 years.

I imagine I will need to get a Gold sub to avail of most of the features still , right? I imagine I will need to purchase some points too. Wheres the cheapest place to pick these up in this day and age?

Is it worth picking up FIFA 19 for the console considering I would imagine not many would purchase it on a 360. Was an easy game to play for 20 minutes at a time.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thought Id post in here rather than create a new thread.

So I was well into gaming until 2013 when I had my first child, never played much since. I own a 360, and never went for an Xbox One as I really hadnt the time with work and kids.

Well recently Ive wiped the dust off the 360 and the little one has been playing a few KInect games(Just Dance, Kinect Sports).

Ive started to use the console for Netflix. So the misses was on a call the othernight, so I paused Netflix and went into the Arcade and found a few cool games to play that I havent played in ages and I m hooked again. (Geometry Wars (beat my old high score too), Marvel v Capcom).

Now Ive got the gaming bug back again a little. And since its been a few years since I picked up a joystick properly I need a few opinions from some experienced hands.

I dont want to go the whole hog and get an Xbox One, so I was wondering what good games can I get to download for my 360 that I may have missed in the last 5 years.

I imagine I will need to get a Gold sub to avail of most of the features still , right? I imagine I will need to purchase some points too. Wheres the cheapest place to pick these up in this day and age?

Is it worth picking up FIFA 19 for the console considering I would imagine not many would purchase it on a 360. Was an easy game to play for 20 minutes at a time.

I'd recommend pick up an Xbox one s, they're very good value now, around 200 with a game usually. Then you can get a sub to game pass (60+ games to play as long as you are subbed) for approx 55 and xbox live for 35 (each for a year) and you shouldn't need to buy another game. Xbox live allows inline play and comes with 4 free games a month, 2 will be 360 games that are backward compatible and two are newer. also EA do a subscription called EA Access that will have Fifa 18 on it currently and Fifa 19 will be added maybe in march or april, all the EA games are eventually added. This is around another 20 a year IIRC.

As an aside I figured out my issue with my S. I had setup a google wifi network and had double NAT which was affecting game pass games. I re-setup my powerline connection and no issues since

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got system error e105 there.

Finally got it back up and running after doing a complete reset.

Just wondering if it will happen again?

It's just over a year bought in Gamestop and the Microsoft website says its in warranty until the 5th of January

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Quick question folks. Would I have any issues buying a game code for fifa 19 from instant- gaming?
    https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/3147-buy-fifa-19-xbox-one/?currency=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8t7EsbKc3wIVyr3tCh1LxAWkEAQYAiABEgIpVvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've never heard of them but they have a decent rating on Trust Pilot
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/instant-gaming.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got system error e105 there.

Finally got it back up and running after doing a complete reset.

Just wondering if it will happen again?

It's just over a year bought in Gamestop and the Microsoft website says its in warranty until the 5th of January

I've had consoles e105 and after a reimage they have been fine ever since.

I've had consoles e105 and after a reimage they have been fine ever since.

what's a reimage? Do you take out and reimage the drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

sweetie wrote: »
    what's a reimage? Do you take out and reimage the drive?

The offline system update. Cold boot, factory restore with same settings, full restore, offline update. Those are the escalating steps. If the offline doesn't fix it then it's fecked.

• Advertisement

Anyone done the "Year in Review" yet? I think that it's from October to October, but some of my stats are interesting.

Apparently, I'm in the top 2% for gamerscore, 7% for hours played, and 2% of achievements earned.

389 hours all told, 115 of which were spent in Mass Effect: Andromeda (!), followed close by Assassins Creed Origins. I guess I didn't mind the make work of ME:A as much as I thought

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement