Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote:
    Apparently, I'm in the top 2% for gamerscore, 7% for hours played, and 2% of achievements earned.

2%/10%/4% I don't feel like 37k should be in the top 2% hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

1% of players, 1% of hours played and 1% of achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I have my xbox for around a year, don't really play it that much.
    (My gamerscore is 1130)

My GS is in the top 9% , I've played enough to be in the top 14% hrs & earned enough achievements to be in the top 8%

Seems a bit off to me, there must be a lot of people who don't play at all.

Edit: Apparently I've played 47 hours in total, (16 solo, 31 multiplayer)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, something definitely feels off about the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Top 1% of gamerscore, 10% of time played and 1% of achievements earned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Mine says top 1% but I only got 11311, so there must be something up with it if you have 37k and are only top 2%.

After some technical difficulties involving DHL not delivering my new monitor and instead shipping it back to sender, my monitor finally arrived on Saturday morning.

Lucky it was a Christmas present for me from herself. I say lucky as if not I'd have taken the current one off it's vesa mount and wired it up with all my other stuff pc etc. and not just tested it on it's own stand as I did before wrapping it.

As you can guess from the picture I'm not a happy bunny. Likely not see a new one this side of Christmas. Not that I'd have time to play much with course work to do and dead lines looming and add into the mix I banjaxed my hand last week so just waiting for the 3rd thing now for the hat trick of bad luck.

For what it's worth from what I could see of it it's a massive step up form my current cheapo screen.

yE5mv7e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    Anyone done the "Year in Review" yet? I think that it's from October to October, but some of my stats are interesting.

Apparently, I'm in the top 2% for gamerscore, 7% for hours played, and 2% of achievements earned.

389 hours all told, 115 of which were spent in Mass Effect: Andromeda (!), followed close by Assassins Creed Origins. I guess I didn't mind the make work of ME:A as much as I thought

5/7/4 which is way higher than I expected, considering I left my job in may and I had a console on my desk, havent really used the console much since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

1% of players, 5% of hours played and 1% of achievements.

Broken the 15000 Gamerscore this year. My best month was January with over 3500 in the month.
    Also the year I broken the 100000 gamerscore.

So many good games played this year and so many games to look forward to for 2018. Resident Evil 2 is my first big buy of the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I just did mine, and I've only played sporadically this year. Definitely something not right with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

15k for the year. 1% / 6% / 1%

PUBG most played, followed by Cars 2. Don't believe it for a second :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played Ashen ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They must be counting everyone with a Windows 10 machine as well, that'd skew the figures a fair bit. Wonder what it'd be like if they only included people that increased their gamerscore by at least 20, I'd say the results would be very different.

Anyone played Ashen ?

Yes, playing through it at the moment. I am liking it. It is Souls like but not Souls. The fighting is punishing and you will get slaughtered if you make a mistake but the game itself is a little more death friendly if that makes sense. The coop is a super idea but right now its hit and miss. It can be very difficult to invite a friend to your instance.

The game mechanics are almost identical to Souls, instead of Souls you have Scoria, instead of the Estus Flask you have the Crimson Gourd. Items can be upgraded the same way to +1, +2 etc.

Have you started it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yes, playing through it at the moment. I am liking it. It is Souls like but not Souls. The fighting is punishing and you will get slaughtered if you make a mistake but the game itself is a little more death friendly if that makes sense. The coop is a super idea but right now its hit and miss. It can be very difficult to invite a friend to your instance.

The game mechanics are almost identical to Souls, instead of Souls you have Scoria, instead of the Estus Flask you have the Crimson Gourd. Items can be upgraded the same way to +1, +2 etc.

Have you started it?

I only heard about it yesterday, saw it on the store and it looked interesting, is there leveling up,side quests?

I only heard about it yesterday, saw it on the store and it looked interesting, is there leveling up,side quests?

Just FYI, it's on Gamepass if you want to try it out that way.

Well there are side quests that I would recommend you complete as soon as they unlock. There is not many side quests so you wont get lost in the game just doing side quests. You dont level the same way as souls. Each quest you complete will boost you HP OR Stamina and then there are "Black Feathers" that are scattered throughout the world that will permanently increase your HP when you find them etc.

If you liked any of the souls games, you will like Ashen. And there is Coop which is another bonus.

Just FYI, it's on Gamepass if you want to try it out that way.
    Well there are side quests that I would recommend you complete as soon as they unlock. There is not many side quests so you wont get lost in the game just doing side quests. You dont level the same way as souls. Each quest you complete will boost you HP OR Stamina and then there are "Black Feathers" that are scattered throughout the world that will permanently increase your HP when you find them etc.

If you liked any of the souls games, you will like Ashen. And there is Coop which is another bonus.

Never played a souls game but i might get it on the gamepass.

Never played a souls game but i might get it on the gamepass.

Ok, word of warning, dont run in swinging. You will get butchered. It is a game of proper combat. Dark Souls is the only game I played where I was close to breaking the controller out of pure frustration. Ashen is brutal, running from a fight is sometimes the only option.

Razers new Xbox keyboard and mouse have been revealed, looks alright, wonder if it's mechanical. I like that the mouse pad looks to slide underneath the keyboard so you can use it at a desk with a proper mousepad if you want.

Between this and the "GameCore" os that has been talked about for Xbox Scarlett, it really looks like more and more PC only games will be coming to Xbox.

• Advertisement

Razers new Xbox keyboard and mouse have been revealed, looks alright, wonder if it's mechanical. I like that the mouse pad looks to slide underneath the keyboard so you can use it at a desk with a proper mousepad if you want.

Between this and the "GameCore" os that has been talked about for Xbox Scarlett, it really looks like more and more PC only games will be coming to Xbox.

I still cannot see FPS games supporting this. I would be dead against it myself anyway. I gamed on PC for years but the rising costs of hardware and me getting "old" I decided to focus purely on console gaming as I could sit on my couch and relax while gaming.

Allowing 15% of the player base to playing competitive FPS (COD, BF, RB6) or competitive RTS (Halo Wars 2, etc) is a flawed model and wont work. The advantage of a keyboard and mouse if just to great to allow it into the mainstream games.

If you want to game on a keyboard and mouse, then buy a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

That mat is way too small, lol. That's where the disadvantage or level playing field will be so. You would have to have a mad sensitivity to utilise every bit of space on that mat. Is it getting the support on the 8th or is there support atm.

The only way I'd see MS going for the next gen is replaceable parts, That would bring the PC gamers!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I still cannot see FPS games supporting this. I would be dead against it myself anyway. I gamed on PC for years but the rising costs of hardware and me getting "old" I decided to focus purely on console gaming as I could sit on my couch and relax while gaming.

Allowing 15% of the player base to playing competitive FPS (COD, BF, RB6) or competitive RTS (Halo Wars 2, etc) is a flawed model and wont work. The advantage of a keyboard and mouse if just to great to allow it into the mainstream games.

If you want to game on a keyboard and mouse, then buy a PC.

I'd say if it does end up getting a lot of support then they'll just have KB/M only playlists. I don't really see why it would be that big of an issue.
    That mat is way too small, lol. That's where the disadvantage or level playing field will be so. You would have to have a mad sensitivity to utilise every bit of space on that mat. Is it getting the support on the 8th or is there support atm.

The only way I'd see MS going for the next gen is replaceable parts, That would bring the PC gamers!

Eh I'm pretty sure the mouse will be compatible: with other mosue mats to be fair :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd say if it does end up getting a lot of support then they'll just have KB/M only playlists. I don't really see why it would be that big of an issue.

Not an FPS but Fortnite already matchmakes based on input type, so technically it's not an issue.

Is it just Razer products that will be compatible or can you use other brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Mine is 1% 2% 1%. Which is a bit shocking.

What is more shocking, I played 531h of Fortnite!!!!

I think they count how much your gamerscore went in total this year, not total lifetime.

I think they count how much your gamerscore went in total this year, not total lifetime.

You are correct.

Eh I'm pretty sure the mouse will be compatible: with other mosue mats to be fair :pac:

Yeah of course, but it's the allocated space I'm talking about! Surely it had to have been a design decision, in which case its more gimmicky.

I understand your point but its not about it being an issue. The fundamental building blocks of console gaming since the first Nintendo is that they have a joypad/controller that is not a keyboard and mouse. If you allow keyboard and mouse into the mainstream on console and create keyboard and mouse only servers etc you are going to do nothing but damage what defines a console.

Why would you want to dilute player base numbers by splitting games into input devices. It will damage end user enjoyment and immersion.

I just dont see the need to allow the support into the AAA games on console.

4 button Mouse and Controller in the left hand! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I understand your point but its not about it being an issue. The fundamental building blocks of console gaming since the first Nintendo is that they have a joypad/controller that is not a keyboard and mouse. If you allow keyboard and mouse into the mainstream on console and create keyboard and mouse only servers etc you are going to do nothing but damage what defines a console.

Why would you want to dilute player base numbers by splitting games into input devices. It will damage end user enjoyment and immersion.

I just dont see the need to allow the support into the AAA games on console.

Personally I'm torn on it, for some games - Gears, Halo, Call of Duty, I'm happy out with a controller, and wouldnt want to be playing with a mouse. However - I'd love to have the option for something like Rainbow 6.

Your point about diluting the playlists is spot on though - In PUBG, its hard to get a match in FPP, if you were to split it again between people with mice & controllers, you'd never get a game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement