Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Personally I'm torn on it, for some games - Gears, Halo, Call of Duty, I'm happy out with a controller, and wouldnt want to be playing with a mouse. However - I'd love to have the option for something like Rainbow 6.

Your point about diluting the playlists is spot on though - In PUBG, its hard to get a match in FPP, if you were to split it again between people with mice & controllers, you'd never get a game.

Exactly.

Same would happen if you allowed it into RB6. No doubt you would play RB6 better with a keyboard and mouse, but isn't that what the PC is for? The PC has its own tournaments and its own player base. Are you talking about putting all xbox keyboard and mouse players into the PC servers?

Its a really tricky position for Microsoft. I am just not sold on it for consoles. It will take some convincing for me to change my view.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's all down to the developer on how they want to implement it, or even if they want to implement it at all. Even now, it's down left to the developers to use the supplied tools to detect and deal with XIM users.

KB+M support would allow for games that wouldn't usually be considered console friendly to be ported over though, games like Age of Empires, or Civilisation, or even just a better input method for certain games, like XCOM or Cities: Skylines. That's what I'm most interested in, KB+M isn't going to do much for my online skills to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am wondering now. There are some rumours and pieces of code in Steam update that points at cross platform with x box. So if they will decide implement same system as Fortnite, then I have no issues. Controller players play only with controller players, it can be pc, xbox, ps4 etc. Mouse and keyboard players play same way. So it wont devide player base as much, you will have pc crowd there too.
    In a way it will help pc a lot too. Big picture and stuff for Steam is good idea. I would love to hook my pc to tv and play with controller, but I am not a fan of being sodomized by k+m players. If that cross platform system works out like Fortnite, we will be able to play multiplayer games on pcs with controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

AAAAHHHH, I just bought a Q6FN 55" TV (picking it up this evening). I went to buy a console after and got a PS4 Pro with Spiderman.

Now I'm having buyers remorse. I've watched loads of videos over the last few days showing the power of the One X over the PS4 Pro.

Dammit!!

What would you do, keep the PS4 or swap it for the One X?

Where I live (Spain) the One X is currently the same price as the Pro (Christmas deal).

I know everyone says to choose the console where your friends play and what games you like the most etc etc.

Spiderman, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn etc all look amazing but I can't help but want to play the most powerful console on my new TV.

Need to decide in a few hours.

For people who have both consoles, what would you do?

Is there really a massive leap between the One X and the PS4 Pro for titles like Red Dead, Assassins Creed?

I've spent the last 18 months playing an OG Xbox One on a 720P TV so now that I'm getting a 4K set later, I can't help but want to really appreciate all that pixel goodness.

In terms of games, although I love the look of Spiderman and God of War, I also love the Assassins Creed franchise, Red Dead, Tomb Raider etc.

Answers/advice really much appreciated.

Apologies in advance mods - genuine question - not looking to start a fanboy war - just looking for an honest answer from One X owners.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    atched loads of videos over the last few days showing the power of the One X over the PS4 Pro.

Dammit!!

What would you do, keep the PS4 or swap it for the One X?

You will likely get a MOD warning and your post may spark an xbox/ps fanboy war but I will put it this way. I am an Xbox player, have been since the first Xbox. Love Xbox, but thats because the games that are exclusive to Xbox appeal to me more than the ones that are exclusive to PS. That and because the Microsoft OS and Servers in my opinion are leagues better than the PS equivalent.

The PS4 Pro holds its own with the Xbox One X for the most part and I would personally say that PS has more and better exclusives this generation (broadly speaking)

You say you bought the PS4 Pro for games like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War. Thats a perfectly justifiable purchase then, considering these games look beautiful on PS.

The average gamer wont notice the difference between the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro, so my advise is to stop worrying about which console is the more powerful and enjoy the games that you want to play.

The Xbox One X is the most powerful console on the market today but that does not always mean it is the one everyone should buy.

Hope that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I have both. Not looking to spark a war, but i would pick PS4 for the Exclusives alone. then get an xbox down the line

It's becoming more and more about the services on offer. It is hard not to recommend the One X with Game Pass. But you list a bunch of PS4 exclusives as your main interest so in your case it has to be the PS4 really as you're always going to have the itch to play those games.

Ideally and for those with money I will always recommend the Standard PS4 for exclusives and One X for everything else.

Cheers everyone - only realised after I posted my comment that it might have caused a bit of controversy.

Cheers everyone - only realised after I posted my comment that it might have caused a bit of controversy.

Don't worry about it. It was a genuine question.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. It was a genuine question.

Still undecided ha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Don't worry about it shuffles, back when this generation started I was a lot more militant about the whole PS vs Xbox thing, but that was only because a flame war could start at the drop of a hat, and then I'd be cleaning up ten pages of posts in hour.

Nowadays it's a lot more civilised. We let debate flow for as much as possible, and only step in if posts start getting too fanboyish.

As it is, the question has been answered really, PS has amazing exclusives that are unmatched in terms of quality, while the Xbox One X is the best experience for 4K 3rd party games.

CatInABox wrote: »
    As it is, the question has been answered really, PS has amazing exclusives that are unmatched in terms of quality, while the Xbox One X is the best experience for 4K 3rd party games.

That's pretty much spot on.

As a hardcore Xbox player, I am envious of some of the exclusives on PS. Would love to have played, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War and Bloodborne.

It's becoming more and more about the services on offer. It is hard not to recommend the One X with Game Pass. But you list a bunch of PS4 exclusives as your main interest so in your case it has to be the PS4 really as you're always going to have the itch to play those games.

Ideally and for those with money I will always recommend the Standard PS4 for exclusives and One X for everything else.

I would agree with this.

Yes, Sony is killing it with big exclusives and they are worth playing if you actually like them. So having one or another form of ps4 is always a good idea.
    On the other hand, xbox is killing it with smaller indy games and game pass. On top of that, xbox one x is a power house.

So original OP, if you do like exclusives on ps4 pro, then stick with it. No point swaping now. Enjoy your ps4 and those exclusive games you were looking forward. Later down the line no one stops you from picking up xbox one x. Prices going down on hardware a lot, so its not a big price machine anymore.

As for whole fanboy war. I have to say this xbox forum became very mature in the recent years. A lot of adults here and not kids who fight which is better. Ironically a lot of the lads here will recommend play station with no issues over xbox if thats what a person's needs are.
    I am on boards for very long time, I seen pretty much everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ZiabR wrote: »
    That's pretty much spot on.

As a hardcore Xbox player, I am envious of some of the exclusives on PS. Would love to have played, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War and Bloodborne.

I bought a cheap ps4 slim to pick through some of the exclusives I had missed.

honest opinion - they're good, but your mileage may vary

Horizon - looks amazing, but tons of it is a blatant rip off of Far Cry, shadow of mordor, Tomb raider
    The last of us - Amazing, and a lot more Bleak than I had anticipated, but zero replay value
    God Of war - on the to-do list
    Bloodborne - Possible I'm fatigued from souls games but I tapped out about halfway in , just lost interest.
    also to add - The Uncharted collection - I dont see the attraction - 1 was ok, but 2 didnt pull me in either. very polished, but again no replay value.

I bought a cheap ps4 slim to pick through some of the exclusives I had missed.

honest opinion - they're good, but your mileage may vary

Horizon - looks amazing, but tons of it is a blatant rip off of Far Cry, shadow of mordor, Tomb raider
    The last of us - Amazing, and a lot more Bleak than I had anticipated, but zero replay value
    God Of war - on the to-do list
    Bloodborne - Possible I'm fatigued from souls games but I tapped out about halfway in , just lost interest.
    also to add - The Uncharted collection - I dont see the attraction - 1 was ok, but 2 didnt pull me in either. very polished, but again no replay value.

Fair points alright. To be honest, with a young family I don't have the finance or time to invest into another console. The geek in me wants to play everything but I just dont have the time. I am more than happy with my Xbox and Games Pass is fast becoming the best this I have bought in recent years. So much so that I extended my membership until the end of 2020... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Hi guys, anyone know of an app on XB1 that plays acestream links or failing that, an add on on Kodi?

(Apparently looks like there was Torrent TV but no longer available to download :(

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Hi guys, anyone know of an app on XB1 that plays acestream links or failing that, an add on on Kodi?

(Apparently looks like there was Torrent TV but no longer available to download :(

Haven't messed around with Kodi for a while but last i heard the Greek gods of the sea were good Neptune especially ;)

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a great time this year!

Thanks for another great year on the Xbox forum, you folks make it fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thought Id post in here rather than create a new thread.

So I was well into gaming until 2013 when I had my first child, never played much since. I own a 360, and never went for an Xbox One as I really hadnt the time with work and kids.

Well recently Ive wiped the dust off the 360 and the little one has been playing a few KInect games(Just Dance, Kinect Sports).

Ive started to use the console for Netflix. So the misses was on a call the othernight, so I paused Netflix and went into the Arcade and found a few cool games to play that I havent played in ages and I m hooked again. (Geometry Wars (beat my old high score too), Marvel v Capcom).

Now Ive got the gaming bug back again a little. And since its been a few years since I picked up a joystick properly I need a few opinions from some experienced hands.

I dont want to go the whole hog and get an Xbox One, so I was wondering what good games can I get to download for my 360 that I may have missed in the last 5 years.

I imagine I will need to get a Gold sub to avail of most of the features still , right? I imagine I will need to purchase some points too. Wheres the cheapest place to pick these up in this day and age?

Is it worth picking up FIFA 19 for the console considering I would imagine not many would purchase it on a 360. Was an easy game to play for 20 minutes at a time.

I bought a one S snd fifa...... happy Christmas

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I bought a one S snd fifa...... happy Christmas

It should come with a trial for Game Pass as well, give it a whirl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Downloading gears of war 4 as we speak. Multiplayer madness here we come.

Also got Fortnite free but that appears to be bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Hello guys and Merry Xmas.

Im setting up the new Xbox and went through the setup without a hiccup untill now when I try to enter my Microsoft account it just goes grey and stays grey till I go back I double checked the correct email and password but nothing. ??

5mQkgfP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

jonon9 wrote: »
    Hello guys and Merry Xmas.

Im setting up the new Xbox and went through the setup without a hiccup untill now when I try to enter my Microsoft account it just goes grey and stays grey till I go back I double checked the correct email and password but nothing. ??

5mQkgfP.jpg

Net connection working fine? Unplug the console, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.

Well, happy xmas nerds. I hope you got some fun stuff to play with. I personally finally got my white elite controller!

Only played with it a bit and its weird. I thought it would be very easy to jump on it from normal controller, but it is not. Its has different feel to it.

When I will have time, I will try to remap those paddles. Just a question if anyone has one. Can I remap RB and LB buttons to paddles and keep RB and LB as their normal function? As so far if I changed it to paddle, the original LB button just would go blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Net connection working fine? Unplug the console, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.

Yeah got a good connection and I unplugged it for 30 minutes still the same screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well, happy xmas nerds. I hope you got some fun stuff to play with. I personally finally got my white elite controller!

Only played with it a bit and its weird. I thought it would be very easy to jump on it from normal controller, but it is not. Its has different feel to it.

When I will have time, I will try to remap those paddles. Just a question if anyone has one. Can I remap RB and LB buttons to paddles and keep RB and LB as their normal function? As so far if I changed it to paddle, the original LB button just would go blank.

Yes you can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I find it best to map A, B, X, and Y to the paddles. That way your thumbs don't have to leave the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Happy Christmas all :)

I bought my sone a new Xbox one controller. As I googled I pressed the home button and but it won’t connect.
    Any tips? Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lisha wrote:
    I bought my sone a new Xbox one controller. As I googled I pressed the home button and but it won’t connect. Any tips? Please?

There's a button on the controller and one on the console. You need to press both to pair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

sweetie wrote: »
    There's a button on the controller and one on the console. You need to press both to pair

The Xbox circle button on both the console And controller is it?

Ok I’ll try that thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement