Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

sweetie wrote: »
    There's a button on the controller and one on the console. You need to press both to pair

We got it thanks a mil :)

Wouldn't be Christmas if Lisha wasn't here with a question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Wouldn't be Christmas if Lisha wasn't here with a question :)

I know :) , ye are fantastic to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I find it best to map A, B, X, and Y to the paddles. That way your thumbs don't have to leave the sticks.

In general I will agree, but I am playing Crossout. Acceleration and brakes/reverse are on triggers, then weapons1 and weapons2 are on lb and rb. So as you can see, its hard to drive and shoot efficiently at the same time. Remapping shooting on to paddles will make my life easier, but I still want to keep the original maps on lb and rb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

In general I will agree, but I am playing Crossout. Acceleration and brakes/reverse are on triggers, then weapons1 and weapons2 are on lb and rb. So as you can see, its hard to drive and shoot efficiently at the same time. Remapping shooting on to paddles will make my life easier, but I still want to keep the original maps on lb and rb.

You can set 2 separate profiles and save them to the controller, it's the little slider with 1-2 written over it.

• Advertisement

You can set 2 separate profiles and save them to the controller, it's the little slider with 1-2 written over it.

Aye, I knew that. In the end I managed to get it set the way a wanted. Works perfect.

After playing for a good bit with elite, I still having hard times getting used to it. It just feels different from normal controller for some reason. It is a lot heavier too and you do feel it.
    I do like it and paddles are sweet, it will take a while to use them properly.
    After hearing all the horror stories about pealing off grip handles I got silicon cover for it too. Hopefully it will make it last a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads have minecraft xbox one edition disc...did not play last year and now it tells me to download new game for free but asks me to buy..MS told me that i missed free update and now its closed...anyone have any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DOOM31

Having a issue with my son's ea account I had him create an ea account but when he goes to join the game It will not give him the option to sign in his ea account to play online anyone know what I need to do.
    I am the main account on the Xbox and he is added as family member I can play online no problem buy won't allow him any idea's what I need to do to fix this.
    Thanks in advance

DOOM31 wrote: »
    Having a issue with my son's ea account I had him create an ea account but when he goes to join the game It will not give him the option to sign in his ea account to play online anyone know what I need to do.
    I am the main account on the Xbox and he is added as family member I can play online no problem buy won't allow him any idea's what I need to do to fix this.
    Thanks in advance
    Account must be over 13 yrs old to play EA games online. This is based on the original DOB used when the xbox account was setup, changing the DOB after has no affect.

Trust me I've tried everything and the only way to fix it is to send proof of age (i.e passport) to xbox/Microsoft. Otherwise setup a new account and ensure DOB is 13 yrs old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hey guys, we got an Xbox One S for Christmas and all was fine until last night, the Microsoft Store will not open now. I was able to search for a game using the search store option but when I select the game it just crashed back to the landing screen. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hey guys, we got an Xbox One S for Christmas and all was fine until last night, the Microsoft Store will not open now. I was able to search for a game using the search store option but when I select the game it just crashed back to the landing screen. Any ideas?

99% of problems on the xbox can be fixed by doing a hard reset. Whilst the xbox is on, press and hold the power button on the front until it shuts down. Turn it back on and problem should be solved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    99% of problems on the xbox can be fixed by doing a hard reset. Whilst the xbox is on, press and hold the power button on the front until it shuts down. Turn it back on and problem should be solved?

Tried that earlier, no joy. Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I remember about a year ago, my xbox updated over night.
    I had loads of problems after it, in the end i did a factory reset "like starting from scratch again"
    After this all was good again & has been good ever since.
    All i can think is that the overnight update had corrupted it & caused endless errors & problems.

Cant remember how to do a factory reset if you go down that road, but google it & it was easy if i remember.

Make sure you know your login details or sign up details ect...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Happy new year folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CatInABox wrote: »
    Happy new year folks!

We are in for some great games this year. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My s is still crashing. Done everything inc. factory reset, offline update, moved games to external etc. No option to return to retailer so ext step is to replace the internal HD which seems doable but any advice before I do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sweetie wrote: »
    My s is still crashing. Done everything inc. factory reset, offline update, moved games to external etc. No option to return to retailer so ext step is to replace the internal HD which seems doable but any advice before I do it?

If it's still in warranty us the MS repair service. You'll be without a console for a few weeks but will be repaired /replaced under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

If it's still in warranty us the MS repair service. You'll be without a console for a few weeks but will be repaired /replaced under warranty.

2 years 3 months old, bought from Tesco direct via parcelmotel so I'm thinking not much chance!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have a 500 gig hard drive, I have 4 games installed and that's about 295 space used, it says I have 68.8 gigs left, what the hell happened the rest of the 137?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I have a 500 gig hard drive, I have 4 games installed and that's about 295 space used, it says I have 68.8 gigs left, what the hell happened the rest of the 137?

OS, reserved space for cache etc and the fact a 500GB HDD is actually about 450GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Finally bit the bullet and picked up a One X today. Had some credit left on a One4All voucher so I bought the Forza bundle for €300 with the voucher.

It's so quiet!

Game Pass sealed the deal for me. I have only ever played Halo 2 and I've never played any of the Gears games so there's plenty to catch up on.

The next obvious purchase is a 4K TV but I'll try to remain in ignorant bliss with my HD for a while yet.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    The next obvious purchase is a 4K TV but I'll try to remain in ignorant bliss with my HD for a while yet.

Even with a non-4K TV, you'll get some great benefits. The Xbox One X supersamples the X enhanced games, so they look great on a HD TV.

Yeah I played on non 4k screens up until very recently. Stuff like recent Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Tomb Raider, Hitman all look much better on the X even in 1080 vs older hardware. The option for 60fps in some games is great to have too and I nearly always opt for that over best looking graphics option.

Same here, got x first, then few months later 4k tv. X is worth it just for better performance alone. More stable fps, 60fps options and that super sampling.

The one trap people should not get cought in is 4k TV itself. There are many people who buy 4k TV without doing any research and then complain that they dont see difference. Just because it has hdr and 4k sticker does not mean its any good. Low budget 4k TVs are crap and you better off with good 1080p one until you can buy decent 4k one.

Ironically, I play on my 4k TV in with performance 60fps/1080p ish settings in games. Good HDR is more important, unfortunately very very few games do it right, instead of just faking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Quick one. If somebody was starting out and wanted to keep costs down (I know, dont get a new gaming machine :pac: ) Would you recommend EA Access or Game Pass.
    They are not too hung up any specific game genres yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd go game pass for sure.

More games, more genres, more frequently added to and easier to get cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd go game pass for sure.

More games, more genres, more frequently added to and easier to get cheap

Unless they prefer sports games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

PES 2019 is on Gamepass just in case that’s one they are interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tony1980 wrote: »
    PES 2019 is on Gamepass just in case that’s one they are interested in.
    I find PES so unrealistic … Jim Beglin makes salient points and in time with the play. :)

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Quick one. If somebody was starting out and wanted to keep costs down (I know, dont get a new gaming machine :pac: ) Would you recommend EA Access or Game Pass.
    They are not too hung up any specific game genres yet.

Game pass, the only and best option. And you can get it for about 50 quid for a year on cdkeys.com.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement